PDA

View Full Version : Credit and congrats to the Mountaineers

Funky G
1/3/2008, 12:37 AM
They played with enthusiasm, against the odds of the coach BS, and deserved to win. I wish someday OU would play with that type of intensity. We are the big gorilla with the bullseye on our back, and get the best effort from our opponent. When will we play with this intensity and realize that the bowl games are important? We have been outplayed, out hit, out schemed, and out enthused for consecutive years. Until we realize that we cannot just go out and show up, but have to block, hit, tackle, and get fired up we will continue to get beat.

Maybe we just need our opponents to wear burnt orange?

Congratulations to West Virginia. Against the odds they played a great game and deserved to win.

Ugh. I feel like ****. And, I don't have Stoops' money in my bank account.

Boomer Sooner.

goingoneight
1/3/2008, 12:48 AM
Seconded.

God we just need to get that screeching bowl monkey off OUr backs.

Don't let your little brothers of the BIG 12 bother you Sooner faithful, we still own them. Better to get there and lose than to go to Shreivport, 6-6 or San Diego.

This is what I call a quality loss. It still stings and sucks for diehards, but WVU isn't exactly a bad team. They did beat mighty SEC juggernaut Georgia when all of these kids were freshmen and sophomores a few years back.

For what he fielded, the mistakes we made, all things considered... it sucks, but not something that overly concerns me. It's just what happens. You play in the BCS, you can expect great opponents. When you play great opppoents, you have to practice hard and not do stupid things like failing a class or getting arrested.

Props also to Stoops for laying the law down. Not a one of those guys played tonight who were in trouble or were barely limping along. Kelly had just a few snaps until it was clear QC could handle himself out there. That's legit for a guy who was still listed as a starter.

I was wrong and I admit I never paid attention to their speed before. While this team may not light up the secondary, the havesome FAST doods and the talent to make you miss when their textbook-style blocking (rarely) fails. OUtstanding defensive effort and all class.

Come on Sooners, back to the drawing board.

Dio
1/3/2008, 01:12 AM
Props to West Virginia- us calling out our fat cat, overpaid, over-hyped coaches doesn't mean WV didn't deserve the win.

I think I lined all those negatives up right...

EERsFAN
1/3/2008, 01:24 AM
THANK YOU... This is the best team we have faced all year. This was the best WVU team I have ever seen. The speed of our player is unreal.

Thanks for not booting us to the orange bowl too!!

This really takes the taste of that pitt game out of our mouth, and who is rich rod anyway!

sooner518
1/3/2008, 01:27 AM
they outplayed us in every phase of the game except maybe kick coverage, which was probably a push. kudos to them, and Pat White was just unstoppable tonight.

NCMountaineer
1/3/2008, 01:31 AM
:)

Watch Me Stride
1/3/2008, 01:38 AM
Props to West Virginia- us calling out our fat cat, overpaid, over-hyped coaches doesn't mean WV didn't deserve the win.

I think I lined all those negatives up right...

Bob why don't you just resign, your horrible.;)

Jeesh.

goingoneight
1/3/2008, 01:39 AM
If they develop their passing game a little better, mostly receiver errors tonight, they'd be my automoatic preseason No. 1 for 2008. Their speed and talent was unreal. We just need to be quicker to develop plays and more physical on the OL. Great lines can tell you exactly what they're doing and still get the job done.

OUstud
1/3/2008, 01:48 AM
Congrats. If WVU is smart they'll remove the interim tag from Stewart instead of hiring Terry Bowden or Butch "I lost to North Dakota State by 30" Jones.

Leroy Lizard
1/3/2008, 02:07 AM
Great team. What else is there to say?

(My only gripe if I was a WVU fan would be the kickoffs and ensuing coverage. Not well done.)

WVU doesn't need a passing game to win the national title. They could have beaten anyone tonight with their "outdated" one-dimensional offense.

KingDavid
1/3/2008, 02:07 AM
I'll give the props to WVA as well, although I find it interesting that, after all the noise about their distractions and the coaching changes, we were the ones who actually came into the game with the biggest limp.

If Vegas had foreseen our missing Kelly AND English (for the most of the night), on top of Granger, Holmes, and Smith . . . the line favoring OU would never have spread so wide.

Nevertheless, kudos to the Mountaineers!!! Especially little Noel Devine. Damn I like that kid. Y'all have a great season next year and we'll look forward to paying you back in BCS Championship game, next year!

We'll be there! Will you????????????????????

Jello Biafra
1/3/2008, 02:17 AM
THANK YOU... This is the best team we have faced all year. This was the best WVU team I have ever seen. The speed of our player is unreal.

Thanks for not booting us to the orange bowl too!!

This really takes the taste of that pitt game out of our mouth, and who is rich rod anyway!

the eeeers can jump in line with the long list of teams that can lick my balzz......

im so sick of all these fans coming over here year after year patting us on the back and telling us we are "the best team that they faced" blah blah blah and yet we're not one of the ones that beat them. utter bullshiite........

the ****king cinderella stroy bullshiite is getting waaaay old too.......first a proposal to the head cheerleader and now the big man, the myth, the legend of the white john henry lives long and proud in the tostitos bowl lore......"i love my state. i love this team. thanks to wv for allowing me to play for them..." "noel devine grew up a homeless white boy on the ghetto streets of north hollywood and his parents died of aids blah blah .....deon sanders tried to adopt him blah blah" this is the greatest win in the history of west virginia football blah blah

im going to go kill a small rodent right now!

Rogue
1/3/2008, 07:36 AM
Congratulations WVU! The people up there are really salt of the earth good and I hope you enjoy the accolades for awhile. Switzer was right, your offense is fun to watch. I don't want to watch it do what it did to my Sooners anytime soon again and I hate it when OU gets beat by the option whether it's one play or, gulp, a game like last night.

Someone please merge the coach bashing threads into one!

Rocker
1/3/2008, 09:49 AM
They played with enthusiasm, against the odds of the coach BS, and deserved to win. I wish someday OU would play with that type of intensity. We are the big gorilla with the bullseye on our back, and get the best effort from our opponent. When will we play with this intensity and realize that the bowl games are important? We have been outplayed, out hit, out schemed, and out enthused for consecutive years. Until we realize that we cannot just go out and show up, but have to block, hit, tackle, and get fired up we will continue to get beat.

Maybe we just need our opponents to wear burnt orange?

Congratulations to West Virginia. Against the odds they played a great game and deserved to win.

Ugh. I feel like ****. And, I don't have Stoops' money in my bank account.

Boomer Sooner.

Well I see you called last night!

devOUt
1/3/2008, 09:57 AM
Congratulations to WVU for doing what our last two opponents have done to us in a BCS bowl game.

OklahomaRed
1/3/2008, 10:16 AM
Congrats. WV outplayed us on both sides of the ball. It took far too long for OU to get it's offense going, and our deffense never looked in synch at all. That's what happens when one of their comrads in arms goes and gets himself sent home for doing stupid things, and a second stays home because he can't make his grades, and a third is out on injury. I am surprised that the media did not pick up on the fact that actually WV had more to play for and OU would be the team that came in flat with all the problems they were having. That's plain old coaching when your players can't keep their grades up and/or keep themselves from shoplifting while you are out of town. Some of the stuff Stoops' group has let happen would have had the media all over Switzer. With all that said, WV came to play and their players showed which program is on the up and which program is on the downhill slide. I'm not saying OU is done, but Stoops needs to do some serious soul searching and figure out what he needs to do to take OU to the next level, which is the ability to win a BCS game. If not, then OU will be subject to competing in 2nd tier bowls, and we need to keep our mouths shut if we are happy with a Top 20 finish every year.