PDA

View Full Version : Validity of the BSU's & Hawaii's

soonercop
1/2/2008, 07:11 PM
So now the debate rages as to whether or not Hawaii was deserving of a BCS. Obviously any team can blow out any team (as SUC did to us a few years back). However, Hawaii was completely outclassed by the 'Dogs.

A cop I work with is a graduate of Boise State and a starting fullback for them from a few years back. I asked him if he felt BSU could hang in one of the major conferences game in and game out. I asked if he felt BSU's best team would be able to survive with only 3-4 losses. His response? "Oh no...I'd say 6-7 losses. The size and speed of the major programs would be way too much to handle week in and week out. That win against OU was ONE game. Any team can get up for one game."

Folks, it's time for a playoff, plain and simple. The UGA-Hawaii game, thet SUC-Illinois game, were complete wastes of time.

BoulderSooner79
1/2/2008, 07:33 PM
I believe your friend and Boise last year was *much* better than this years Hawaii team. I think the Urban Meyer Utah team from a few years ago could have done well in a BCS conference (but that doesn't mean win the conference)

tulsaoilerfan
1/2/2008, 08:07 PM
The BSU's and Hawaii's of the world would be done in by injuries if they played in the Big 12, SEC, etc on a weekly basis

OUMedMan
1/2/2008, 09:25 PM
The problem is that Georgia stomped their non-BCS opponent.

OU didn't.

Of course, for what it's worth the OU-Boise State game was much more entertaining.