PDA

View Full Version : What should balding guys do?

frankensooner
1/2/2008, 12:54 PM
vote early and vote often.

1stTimeCaller
1/2/2008, 12:56 PM
I lub Frank!!

TopDaugIn2000
1/2/2008, 12:59 PM
depends on what your skull looks like. I've seen some INCREDIBLY good looking bald guys, and others that just look silly.

pretty much ANYTHING but a combover or a fake rug though

frankensooner
1/2/2008, 01:00 PM
I left off the implants but if you want that one, write it in.

I also forgot the Dwight Yoakam: "Wear a hat"

rufnek05
1/2/2008, 01:08 PM
comb-over all the way.

1stTimeCaller
1/2/2008, 01:09 PM
Frank, your poll's percentages are a little off. Fix it or else.
;)

frankensooner
1/2/2008, 01:16 PM
I would probably vote for all of em. People should be allowed to look as silly as they want to look. I like my shiny scalp, and I like my cropped horse shoe. My misses would like me to wear it longer, but really, why. I would like to shave it all off once just for sh*ts and giggles, but my better half says she doesn't like the cue-balls, and if mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy.

OUDoc
1/2/2008, 01:18 PM
My misses would like me to wear it longer, but really, why. I would like to shave it all off once just for sh*ts and giggles, but my better half says she doesn't like the cue-balls, and if mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy.
Are we still talking about your head?

frankensooner
1/2/2008, 01:20 PM
Affirmative. The other would be too itchy. I don't start R rated poles anyways. ;)

OUDoc
1/2/2008, 01:21 PM
I don't start R rated poles anyways. ;)
Your wife should do that.

Boarder
1/2/2008, 01:43 PM
I plan on Rhino-ing when the time comes. With an extra long System of a Down or Scott Ian style goatee.

Frozen Sooner
1/2/2008, 01:46 PM
I shaved what remained of my hair a couple of months ago. My love life has gotten exponentially better.

frankensooner
1/2/2008, 01:48 PM
I shaved what remained of my hair a couple of months ago. My love life has gotten exponentially better.

I bet Dean could have told ya that! ;)

SOONER STEAKER
1/2/2008, 01:56 PM
My hair began falling out when I was just 16. I hae lots of hair around the edges, just nothing on top. My father alawys told me these wise words, "Son, God made very few perfect heads, those that weren't perfect he convered with hair."

BOOMER

1stTimeCaller
1/2/2008, 02:01 PM
I've never really worried about it. I still have the same amount of hair it's just not on my head anymore. It's in my ears and nose now.

OUDoc
1/2/2008, 02:02 PM
I've never really worried about it. I still have the same amount of hair it's just not on my head anymore. It's in my ears and nose now.
Damn, you're old.

Boomer.....
1/2/2008, 02:07 PM
A skullet is always a good look.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cf/Skullet.jpg/130px-Skullet.jpg

Whet
1/2/2008, 02:29 PM
Although, a toup or comb-over are the most entertaining, the guy should just cut their remaining hair short.

IB4OU2
1/2/2008, 02:48 PM
depends on what your skull looks like. I've seen some INCREDIBLY good looking bald guys, and others that just look silly.

pretty much ANYTHING but a combover or a fake rug though

You're making Dean blush....see the top of his head.

birddog
1/2/2008, 02:59 PM
a sideburn comb over is the way to go. unfortunately you have to plan 15 years in advance.

Ash
1/2/2008, 03:04 PM
White guys who try to go with the shaved bald look don't look suave like MJ, just face the facts.

birddog
1/2/2008, 03:11 PM
all you people with hair think you're so damn superior! how would you like to look down in the shower and find a fistful of hair. how'd you like to start your day with that!

frankensooner
1/2/2008, 03:12 PM
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z178/fastnap/1wig.jpg

HOw you doin'?

TopDaugIn2000
1/2/2008, 03:24 PM
I'd shave my head if I could look as hawt as halle berry or demi moore

frankensooner
1/2/2008, 03:31 PM
Don't forget Britney! ;)

TopDaugIn2000
1/2/2008, 03:32 PM
or not

Lott's Bandana
1/2/2008, 04:18 PM
"Scalp Regions" That's funny.

Looks like teh alien crop circles are out in front!

VeeJay
1/2/2008, 05:03 PM
I gotta dome on top and in the back. There's enough in front that I could let it grow out and get an Al Gore look, combing it back to cover up flesh. But, no thanks. I went to the butcher a couple of weeks ago and explained what I wanted. He sez "that's a brush cut." Nearly a crew cut. I like it because there's nothing to comb.

r5TPsooner
1/2/2008, 05:52 PM
Mr. Clean

King Crimson
1/2/2008, 06:31 PM
i don't see shave it and get a big cobra tatoo on your head.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/2/2008, 06:45 PM
I started shaving my head a couple of years ago...Love it..cuts down on getting-ready time as I dont have to mess with trying a way to not look so bald

KC//CRIMSON
1/2/2008, 06:50 PM
I plan on Rhino-ing when the time comes. With an extra long System of a Down or Scott Ian style goatee.

Parlay that with a braided rat tail in the back, and that's money.

Ike
1/3/2008, 12:48 AM
My hair started falling out around 18 or 19. I just let it do what it does. Why fight it.

Turd_Ferguson
1/3/2008, 12:49 AM
Where is the option of combing your back hair up over the top of your head:confused:

LoyalFan
1/3/2008, 01:23 AM
What should balding guys do? Well, first, they oughta take comfort in knowing that EUNUCHS never go bald.

LF
Bald on top, turgid on the bottom.

olevetonahill
1/3/2008, 08:56 AM
Should Be a Man and Nut up ;)
Or Just always have a head full of hair and a Load Of Balls to back it it up .
Just sayin:cool:

StoopTroup
1/4/2008, 12:43 PM
No weave?

Sooner_Bob
1/4/2008, 01:10 PM
A barber gave a haircut to a priest one day. The priest tried to pay for the haircut but the barber refused saying, "I cannot accept money from you, for you are a good man - you do God's work."

The next morning the barber found a dozen bibles at the door to his shop.

A policeman came to the barber for a haircut, and again the barber refused payment saying, "I cannot accept money from you, for you are a good man - you protect the public."

The next morning the barber found a dozen doughnuts at the door to his shop.

A lawyer came to the barber for a haircut, and again the barber refused payment saying, "I cannot accept money from you, for you are a good man - you serve the justice system."

The next morning the barber found a dozen more lawyers waiting for a haircut.

heh (http://www.unwind.com/jokes-funnies/lawyerjokes/haircut.shtml)

Sooner_Bob
1/4/2008, 01:11 PM
http://www.humorhour.com/pictures/Fun38fhbf798f22cut.jpg

tbl
1/4/2008, 02:22 PM
My hair started falling out around 18 or 19. I just let it do what it does. Why fight it.
Exactly. I still have a ways to go before I have to resort to the shave or close crop. As of now, I still wear it exactly as I always have. Once the front goes, I'll have to change my strategy.

Also, take Saw Palmetto early if you start noticing it. It doesn't stop it, but it does slow the process some. Its all natural and there aren't any chemicals (minoxidil) or pharmaceuticals (Propecia). It slightly decreases the amount of DHT... but you're still gonna go bald. :D

TUSooner
1/4/2008, 03:28 PM
I would probably vote for all of em. People should be allowed to look as silly as they want to look. I like my shiny scalp, and I like my cropped horse shoe. My misses would like me to wear it longer, but really, why. I would like to shave it all off once just for sh*ts and giggles, but my better half says she doesn't like the cue-balls, and if mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy.
That's what I'd do.
But I didn't get the bald gene...

I got the fat one :(

SOONER STEAKER
1/4/2008, 03:32 PM
Damn, I got the bald, fat and ugly gene. People have asked me if I fell thru the ugly stick tree.

SoonerGirl06
1/4/2008, 03:33 PM
Personally I think guys that are bald are hawt. Comeovers or anything else to cover up what you don't have are disgusting.

SoonerGirl06
1/4/2008, 03:34 PM
It slightly decreases the amount of DHT... but you're still gonna go bald. :D

Hey! I'm impressed you know that.

LoyalFan
1/4/2008, 10:37 PM
[QUOTE=SoonerGirl06] ...Comeovers...[QUOTE]

I'm gonna tell!

LF

GottaHavePride
1/4/2008, 11:24 PM

Melo would totally go for that, dude.

SoonerGirl06
1/4/2008, 11:32 PM
[quote=SoonerGirl06] ...Comeovers...[quote]

I'm gonna tell!

LF

Heh. That was quite the slip of the tongue there. :D

Jerk
1/4/2008, 11:34 PM
[quote=LoyalFan][quote=SoonerGirl06] ...Comeovers...

Heh. That was quite the slip of the tongue there. :D

la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la !

goingoneight
1/5/2008, 12:30 AM
You left out "paper bag." :D

SoonerGirl06
1/5/2008, 12:53 AM
[quote=SoonerGirl06][quote=LoyalFan]

la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la !

Are you flicking your tongue at me?

Jerk
1/5/2008, 08:04 AM
[quote=Jerk][quote=SoonerGirl06]

Are you flicking your tongue at me?

:P

StoopTroup
1/5/2008, 07:58 PM
I used to go to Village Inn after hours...they had the best skullets.

tbl
1/6/2008, 02:15 AM
Hey! I'm impressed you know that.
Believe me... I did plenty of research on this. When I first started noticing a little more falling out than normal, then looked at pictures of my Dad and his Dad, I knew what was coming. I'm still quite a way off from being considered bald, but I'm definitely "thinning". It used to drive me crazy. I guess being married 10 years and having a couple of kids kinda neutralizes a guy.

The science behind hair grafts makes perfect sense, given that ALL bald guys at least have the horseshoe (DHT resistant follicles). I just couldn't bring myself to do that... at least I don't think I could. We'll see once I actually get shiny. ;)

OCUDad
1/6/2008, 10:59 AM
I shaved what remained of my hair a couple of months ago. My love life has gotten exponentially better.What's the second derivative of zero? :P

SoonerGirl06
1/6/2008, 02:29 PM
Believe me... I did plenty of research on this. When I first started noticing a little more falling out than normal, then looked at pictures of my Dad and his Dad, I knew what was coming. I'm still quite a way off from being considered bald, but I'm definitely "thinning". It used to drive me crazy. I guess being married 10 years and having a couple of kids kinda neutralizes a guy.

The science behind hair grafts makes perfect sense, given that ALL bald guys at least have the horseshoe (DHT resistant follicles). I just couldn't bring myself to do that... at least I don't think I could. We'll see once I actually get shiny. ;)

The place that I'm employed at works with men and HRT. Not too many know that balding is associated with DHT, so that's why I was surprised you knew that.

Good luck on the thinning process. :D

Frozen Sooner
1/6/2008, 03:11 PM
06, there was a series of hair-loss commercials a couple of years back that focused on DHT and how it caused hair loss.

jk the sooner fan
1/6/2008, 04:18 PM
i havent read this thread, but real men dont know what "vanity" is

let nature take its course, work what with god gave you (or is taking away)

SanJoaquinSooner
1/6/2008, 05:47 PM
make lots of money.

Chuck Bao
1/6/2008, 06:02 PM
What vanity? What hair loss? I'm thinking booze and prostitutes. SJS is right. It's really about the money. Lie, steal and cheat as much as you can, when you can. The hair loss is way down the list.

jkjsooner
1/6/2008, 08:18 PM

Me too. I did it about 4 years ago. Prior to shaving it all I was cutting it as short as clippers would cut it. One night after having quite a few margaritas, I thought it was a great time to cut my hair. Biggest and best mistake of my life! After realizing that I forgot to put the guard on the clippers I stared at the mirror for about 10 minutes. Finally I realized I just had to finish it all off.

It's worked very well for me....

Unfortunately, it seems that time has moved that hair to other parts of my body... ;-)

tbl
1/7/2008, 12:44 AM
06, there was a series of hair-loss commercials a couple of years back that focused on DHT and how it caused hair loss.
Thats where I originally learned it. Thank you Dr. Bosley!

Oldnslo
1/7/2008, 01:23 PM
I don't mind my hair thinning. I just wish my kids weren't getting such glee from it.

OUDoc
1/7/2008, 01:32 PM
I don't mind my hair thinning. I just wish my kids weren't getting such glee from it.
Try wearing a hat.

Oh, I thought you said glare. Sorry.

SoonerGirl06
1/7/2008, 10:03 PM

I don't ever pay attention to those infomercials. I always thought they were bogus. I guess not all of them are.

Lott's Bandana
1/8/2008, 01:18 PM
There is an old adage that may have some basis in fact. Something like this:

For those without male pattern baldness, the percentage of hair retained is exactly the same as chronological age.

A 50YO male has permanently lost 1/2 of his coiff.

Of course, this doesn't mean it goes in a pattern...but at some point it's all a wash.

Frankly, lately I've received a lot of nice compliments about the top of my head! :D

frankensooner
1/8/2008, 01:22 PM
I've always heard that, well sort of, kinda like at 20, 20% have begun balding, by 30, 30% et cætera.

M
1/8/2008, 01:39 PM
When I used to frequent Woodland Hills Mall in Tulsa several years ago, I would occasionally run into this balding shoe salesman at Dillard's. Problem was, he had the worst hair transplant job ever. Whenever he'd bring me the shoes I wanted to try on, he'd bend down and I'd get an extra good look at those thin, balding baby doll head-looking hairs. So, my advice is: don't get hair transplants. :eek:

Lott's Bandana
1/8/2008, 01:46 PM
Whenever he'd bring me the shoes I wanted to try on, he'd bend down and he'd get an extra good look at those thin, my baby-doll not quite covering hairs.

Fixed.

:P

crawfish
1/8/2008, 05:41 PM
I think you should just blissfully accept what you have.

Of course, I'm still blessed with a full head of hair and only slightly receding hairline. :D

tbl
1/8/2008, 11:49 PM
You have no frame of reference Donny... You're out of your element.

OU4LIFE
3/14/2008, 07:12 AM
I abstain from this pole on the grounds that I will never know.