PDA

View Full Version : FOX Official List of Discussion Topics for Fiesta Bowl

cheezyq
1/2/2008, 11:51 AM
Given the hilarious coverage of the Cotton Bowl and Sugar Bowl yesterday, I'm sterilizing the ice pick in preparation for jamming it into my ear. With that, I've come up with a short list of items most likely to be discussed during tonight's broadcast. Feel free to add as necessary.

1. Boise State
2. Boise State
3. Boise State
4. Rich Rodriguez
5. SEC Awesomeness
6. BCS Championship Game
7. Rich Rodriguez
8. Terry Bowden
9. Other Issues Related to WV Head Coach
10. Boise State
11. LSU and/or Les Miles
12. Michigan
13-15. Notre Dame
16. Demarcus Granger
17. USC Should Play in the MNC Game
18. More USC Awesomeness
19. Interview with Pete Carroll
20. Jerry Jones and the Awesome Stadium
21. The Cotton Bowl in the BCS
100. The Fiesta Bowl
101. Sam Bradford

Blues1
1/2/2008, 12:01 PM
You are off a Little Bit on #'s -5 -6 -7 - 8 -:)

5. SEC Awesomeness -----(Boise State)
6. BCS Championship Game -(Boise State)
7. Rich Rodriguez ------ (Boise State)
8. Terry Bowden ------- (Boise State)

Dio
1/2/2008, 12:04 PM
Add a couple more line items about Boise State, and you've got it

OUGuf
1/2/2008, 12:05 PM
THey also have to throw in alittle ND love in their as well. Think Tulsa game but with more love.

cheezyq
1/2/2008, 12:10 PM
You are off a Little Bit on #'s -5 -6 -7 - 8 -:)

5. SEC Awesomeness -----(Boise State)
6. BCS Championship Game -(Boise State)
7. Rich Rodriguez ------ (Boise State)
8. Terry Bowden ------- (Boise State)

:D I wasn't sure if I had enough Boise State in there at first, but in the end I chose to focus on the broadcasting and leave out all the Boise State Pontiac commercials.

Blues1
1/2/2008, 12:12 PM
:D I wasn't sure if I had enough Boise State in there at first, but in the end I chose to focus on the broadcasting and leave out all the Boise State Pontiac commercials.

You Are Forgiven for Wishful Thinking....... :D

soonerinabilene
1/2/2008, 12:14 PM
throw in some fellatio of georgia and suc after they killed two teams that had no business in a bcs game, and i think you are about right.

Miko
1/2/2008, 12:50 PM
I'm sterilizing the ice pick in preparation for jamming it into my ear.

Great safety tip! Thanks for sharing!

I was simply planning to wrap my head with duct tape to keep it from exploding.

Ground_Attack
1/2/2008, 01:18 PM
top it off with Fox's sorry *** broadcasts and we'll be in for a real treat tonight. I think I saw like 2 replays during the UGA/HAW game last night. They spent more time with the camera on that damn dog (Uga) than they did on the replays. Talk about a fantastic play for Georgia for ten minutes while showing highlights of last year's Fiesta Bowl. Fox sucks. Give me ABC any day.

AZSOONER
1/2/2008, 01:23 PM
a few more lines about usc and the word "peak" is my drinking word for the night.

Johnny Utah
1/2/2008, 01:28 PM
throw in some fellatio of georgia and suc after they killed two teams that had no business in a bcs game, and i think you are about right.

Good added point to a great thread. I'm bracing myself for the attempted compare/contrast of the david/goliath stories of the hawaii/georgia and illini/suc games to last years bsu/OU game. More ammo to support the myth of the utter dominance of the sec and suc.

cheezyq
1/2/2008, 01:55 PM
top it off with Fox's sorry *** broadcasts and we'll be in for a real treat tonight. I think I saw like 2 replays during the UGA/HAW game last night. They spent more time with the camera on that damn dog (Uga) than they did on the replays. Talk about a fantastic play for Georgia for ten minutes while showing highlights of last year's Fiesta Bowl. Fox sucks. Give me ABC any day.

My personal fave of the Fox broadcast yesterday was the Cotton Bowl. Missouri was hammering the Hogs and Pat Summerall and Frank Broyles went on and on about the "good ol' days" of Arkansas football. Then they invite Bobby Petrino in, to top it off. It's an accepted reality, this Arkansas inbreeding, but I didn't expect it to bleed over into Dallas for a "neutral" bowl broadcast. I'm not a Mizzou fan by any means, but the Hog love was well over the top.

Boffingham
1/2/2008, 01:56 PM
you could turn that list into buzzword bingo and have a fun night

soonermeteor
1/2/2008, 02:35 PM
God you'd think they'd at least knock some of the Boise State garbage off so Oklahoma can play the game it was rewarded with for a great season. Here's the best question.... If Oklahoma is at the "scene of the crime", where is Boise? Uhm, no where, unless you count sorrowing over a loss to another mid major in a crap bowl. Oklahoma fought its way back, Boise didn't. Think anybody cares? No.

TUSooner
1/2/2008, 05:33 PM
Turn volume control way way down, and turn it up only long enough to hear why the game is being delayed and the refs are scratching their butts.
Or just hit the mute button and toss the remote control under the sofa.
YWIA!

TUSooner
1/2/2008, 05:34 PM
***where is Boise? Uhm, no where, unless you count sorrowing over a loss to another mid major in a crap bowl. Oklahoma fought its way back, Boise didn't. Think anybody cares? No.

:D :D :D

(Let's just make sure we win this time.)

BoulderSooner79
1/2/2008, 05:38 PM
a few more lines about usc and the word "peak" is my drinking word for the night.

That's the spirit! When handed lemons, make lemonade. Or if it's limes, make margaritas !! ;)

soonermeteor
1/2/2008, 06:01 PM
Hopefully we get off to a fast and dominant start so the talking points can turn from Boise State to why we aren't in the title game. :D

sooner94
1/2/2008, 06:15 PM
At least there won't be multiple references to "how wide their offensive line splits are."

I counted 5 of those before half time of the Cotton Bowl yesterday. Good thing I couldn't find the ice pick.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/2/2008, 06:38 PM
Here's another burning question for tonight:
Will OU roll out a new promo ad? Something different instead of president Boren gushing about the artwork donated to the art museum and maybe a new slogan like "OU: yOUr future yOUr time."

Jason White's Third Knee
1/2/2008, 06:46 PM

Yes. They should just use the word 'turtling' instead and that would express my sentiments nicely.

Jason White's Third Knee
1/2/2008, 06:49 PM
At least there won't be multiple references to "how wide their offensive line splits are."

I counted 5 of those before half time of the Cotton Bowl yesterday. Good thing I couldn't find the ice pick.

Oh, yes they will! WV runs the damned option spread!

AllAboutThe'O'
1/2/2008, 06:53 PM
Methinks there will also be some manlove thrown toward Owen Schmitt, the WV fullback.

TopDaugIn2000
1/2/2008, 07:09 PM
the local fox news "pregame" show is KILLING ME.

what a JOKE

fadada1
1/2/2008, 07:24 PM
i want to know how many commercials we get. get a few about boise state and we'll have a winner.

silver lining... no musberger. i'm so happy about that i could pee myself.