PDA

View Full Version : BCS vs. non-BCS

Sooner Eclipse
1/2/2008, 12:01 AM
Since I'm completely bored with the sugah bore, I decided to look at score differentials of BCS vs. non BCS games (thus far) Since sugah isn't yet finished, I'm using the current differential of 35.

Only 4 games out of 27 ended with point differentials of 30+ points.

2 of them are BCS games (sugar and rose)

averaged point diff of non-BCS games = 10.1

Average point diff of BCS games = 33.5 (currently):eek:

edit - average of 31.5 for 2 BCS games so far

soonerinabilene
1/2/2008, 12:30 AM
Illinois had no business being in the rose bowl. I understand that the rbc wants to preserve the tradition of the game and have pac 10 vs big 10, but that was just ridiculous. As is the sugar bowl. It was just a matter of time before Brennan got hurt.

I think that having a two team max from each conference is the reason we are seeing blowouts this year. How much better would the game had been if it was USC vs Mizzou or Georgia vs Mizzou? Or say screw the tradition and have Georgia play USC. Those are games that would have been fun to watch. This is just sad.

Sooner Eclipse
1/2/2008, 12:34 AM
I'm just trying to say that the best argument against the BCS is that the games...SUCK

People need to quit whining for a playoff and start bitching about these POS matchups they give us in the so called "premier" bowl games. :(

Curly Bill
1/2/2008, 12:37 AM
People need to quit whining for a playoff. :(

You are aware that not even the man pictured in your avatar could make this happen? ;)

Sooner Eclipse
1/2/2008, 12:46 AM
Yes, I know. Even God and Bill Gates together don't have enough money to make that happen.

The Maestro
1/2/2008, 12:52 AM
And I have a funny feeling that after this is all over USC, Georgia and OU are going to look a lot better than either team in the national title game.

Sooner Eclipse
1/2/2008, 12:56 AM
Well, here's to OU winning their BCS game in the same proportions as the previous 2.

however, pete carrol and USC can suckit. Along with LSU and tOsu

Blues1
1/2/2008, 01:01 AM
I'm just trying to say that the best argument against the BCS is that the games...SUCK

People need to quit whining for a playoff and start bitching about these POS matchups they give us in the so called "premier" bowl games. :(

SUC _ STINK _ PUKE_ TWO of The Most Painful games in my Life - SUGAR AND ROSE.....God Help Us......:O

pott_2
1/2/2008, 01:15 AM

Now that is something I can agree with.

insuranceman_22
1/2/2008, 02:23 AM
True dat......sad ain't it.......

Crucifax Autumn
1/2/2008, 03:03 AM
Ok, assuming we're not gonna get the playoff we all "whine" for, here's what I think should happen:

Lose the stupid conference tie-ins with particular bowls as far as the BCS part is concerned.

Lose the stupid 2 teams per conference rule.

Have the championship game as it is now #1 vs #2...still sucks in years like this one, but that's an argument saved for other BCS arguments about how the rankings are figured.

Then have the 4 BCS bowls rotate year to year with one getting #3 vs #4, one getting #5 vs #6, and so on.

In theory this would mean that the top 10 teams get the best possible matchups more frequently than they do now. Yeah, it would lead to a few bowl game rematches, yeah the poor Rose Bowl would lose its chance to mismatch teams in the name of tradition, yeah there would still be lopsided results occasionally, and yeah non-bcs conferences would be all butt-hurt that their undefeated team didn't get to go and play big boy games, but those conferences should maybe play tougher OOC schedules.

But, overall, the games would be better.

bluedogok
1/2/2008, 01:56 PM
Ok, assuming we're not gonna get the playoff we all "whine" for, here's what I think should happen:

Lose the stupid conference tie-ins with particular bowls as far as the BCS part is concerned.

Lose the stupid 2 teams per conference rule.
But would the SEC get 8 teams in every year since they are the GREATEST CONFERENCE EVER KNOWN TO MAN :rolleyes:

Desert Sapper
1/2/2008, 03:04 PM
Much cooler this year would have been suc vs. UGA in the Rose, OU v. Va Tech in the Orange, WV v. Mizzou in the Sugar, and ASU v. Hawaii in the Fiesta. And I say **** the Fiesta bowl. That game used to be ASU vs. any comers. It needs to go back to that.