PDA

View Full Version : More bad news

mikeb
1/1/2008, 10:32 PM
Malcom Kelly is doubtful for the game per OUINSIDER.

MichiganSooner
1/1/2008, 10:34 PM
Why?

Link please.

mikeb
1/1/2008, 10:38 PM
Evidently MK has suffered either a very deep thigh bruise or muscle strain and is very questionable for tomorrow's game. They are talking about it on the rivals and OUinsider message boards.

insuranceman_22
1/1/2008, 10:45 PM
****!!! (or so crap)

tulsaoilerfan
1/1/2008, 10:45 PM
that's not good

olevetonahill
1/1/2008, 10:46 PM
When was this supposed to have happened ?

Curly Bill
1/1/2008, 10:48 PM
Well crap, I wasn't plannin on suitin up...but if I have to...

jwlynn64
1/1/2008, 10:51 PM
Doesn't say anything about it on the athletics website. Until I hear it from a reputable source (no offense meant mikeb), I'll take it with a grain of salt. Something this big would be all over the web by now.

TripleOption14
1/1/2008, 10:52 PM
Well if this is true, i think it would lean to him coming back for his senior year. Just sayin... :D

A Sooner in Texas
1/1/2008, 10:54 PM
I really have my doubts as to the validity of this...wouldn't we have heard something via media outlets about this? There's nothing on soonersports.com and with all the pre-game analysis going on at ESPN and Fox surely it would have been brought up.

Curly Bill
1/1/2008, 10:57 PM
Well if this is true, i think it would lean to him coming back for his senior year. Just sayin... :D

...or might make him think: If I'm gonna be getting hurt I might as well be making millions for it. ;)

Rhino
1/1/2008, 10:59 PM
SoonerSports.com isn't exactly the best place to go for injury information. Nor is ESPN or, definitely, Fox.

And he isn't doubtful, he's questionable. He's also recovering from the flu, in addition to the thigh bruise / tweak.

mikeb
1/1/2008, 11:00 PM
Doesn't say anything about it on the athletics website. Until I hear it from a reputable source (no offense meant mikeb), I'll take it with a grain of salt. Something this big would be all over the web by now.
None taken. I truly hope it is bogus and he plays.

olevetonahill
1/1/2008, 11:03 PM
SoonerSports.com isn't exactly the best place to go for injury information. Nor is ESPN or, definitely, Fox.

And he isn't doubtful, he's questionable. He's also recovering from the flu, in addition to the thigh bruise / tweak.

Rhino
Has answered this
Nuff said :D

Ruuuuuufus
1/1/2008, 11:04 PM

because Stoops always tells everyone about player injuries before the big game, right?

A Sooner in Texas
1/1/2008, 11:06 PM

So how reliable is OUinsider?? Seriously, is the average age of posters there about 15? :D

Saying someone is "questionable" is pretty much CYA. They may ease him into the game, but I'm betting he plays.

GottaHavePride
1/1/2008, 11:07 PM

That worries me. If he and English are BOTH recovering from the flu, how many of our other players might be coming down with the flu tomorrow morning?

CORNholio
1/1/2008, 11:15 PM
Does OU not give these guys flu shots?

olevetonahill
1/1/2008, 11:17 PM
Does OU not give these guys flu shots?
How you think they got the Flu
Sheesh Pay tention

StoopTroup
1/1/2008, 11:19 PM
I got a Deep Thigh Bruise shot back in October.

I still have a slight limp but I could still help lift the Gatorade container at games end.

Rhino
1/1/2008, 11:21 PM
So how reliable is OUinsider?? Seriously, is the average age of posters there about 15? :D Most of them act like it, yes. It was originally pay board information (meaning: it didn't come from a poster) but has since been plastered all over their free boards, so I'm leaving this thread up.

That worries me. If he and English are BOTH recovering from the flu, how many of our other players might be coming down with the flu tomorrow morning? Just one other that I've heard of - a part-time starter. English reportedly got the worst of it though.

EstablishedSooner1967
1/1/2008, 11:22 PM
Deep thigh bruise in practice... he going to try an make a go but doubtful.

SoonersEnFuego
1/1/2008, 11:43 PM
Slap some Theragesic on it and suit up.

jwlynn64
1/1/2008, 11:58 PM
Just Rub Some Dirt On It!

:D

goingoneight
1/1/2008, 11:59 PM
Will he still be able to do a post-game rap?

:D

That was allsome, and we still haven't heard one this year.

CORNholio
1/2/2008, 01:55 AM
Granger, Murray, RS, LH, and now MK.
Sheesh are we gonna have enough players to field a team. This is looking bad. It could wind up being a huge drawback. Guess its not as bad as losing your coach though.

Crucifax Autumn
1/2/2008, 02:23 AM
PErsonally I think it will make our victory all the sweeter. While they whine about getting their *** kicked because their coach is gone, we can fire back about not having 5 great players!

Jacie
1/2/2008, 08:20 AM
Kelly plays, Kelly sits, result of the game is . . .

Mini Ditkas 77

Mountaineers 0

jwlynn64
1/2/2008, 09:44 AM
Will he still be able to do a post-game rap?

and who knew the Himalayas were at Longview! ;)

sooner518
1/2/2008, 11:01 AM
remember last year in the bowl game when MK didnt play.... just sayinnn.....

insuranceman_22
1/2/2008, 11:14 AM
remember last year in the bowl game when MK didnt play.... just sayinnn.....

That's exactly what I was thinking........ This deal is getting worse, but I still have faith in Bob & Co. Let's go Sooners!

FirstandGoal
1/2/2008, 11:17 AM
Have we even had confirmation that MK will not be playing tonight?

sooner518
1/2/2008, 11:37 AM
if he doesnt play, who steps up in his place? Tennel is out isnt he? God help us all if we get a healthy dose of butterfingers Chaney

JohnnyMack
1/2/2008, 11:37 AM
Have we even had confirmation that MK will not be playing tonight?

No but we have lots of innerweb rumors and chicken littles.

illinisooner
1/2/2008, 12:08 PM
Sounds like he can play through it if we wants to (can't injure it any worse if he plays), and I'm guessing he'll at least give it a go.

IowaSooner26
1/2/2008, 12:23 PM
if he doesnt play, who steps up in his place? Tennel is out isnt he? God help us all if we get a healthy dose of butterfingers Chaney

We all saw the Spring Game and the only thing you need to know is 2 words:
CARTER WITSON ;)

MiccoMacey
1/2/2008, 01:01 PM
We all saw the Spring Game and the only thing you need to know is 2 words:
CARTER WITSON ;)

Amen. Give the former Shawnee Wolf a try. He's a gamer.

rubyspirit
1/2/2008, 01:02 PM
Calling Manuel Johnson. and Adron Tennell. Your time to shine!

Get well Malcolm.

mikeb
1/2/2008, 01:13 PM
Adron Tennell tore his ACL in the Tech game.

Octavian
1/2/2008, 01:21 PM
For as good as MK is....he gets hurt a lot during important times.

Hope he plays, but if not that's two bowl games in a row. Glad Stoops convinced him to play during the RRS this year or he would've sat then too. Malcolm is a wonderful talent but that won't fly in the league.

mikeb
1/2/2008, 01:23 PM
Stoops had to convince MK to play in the RRS?

Octavian
1/2/2008, 01:27 PM
Stoops had to convince MK to play in the RRS?

Can't find the article right now, but Malcolm was hurt again during this year's RRS and Stoops told him that we "really needed him" to play. IIRC that conversation took place at halftime.

So he played and played well.

mikeb
1/2/2008, 01:34 PM
Can't find the article right now, but Malcolm was hurt again during this year's RRS and Stoops told him that we "really needed him" to play. IIRC that conversation took place at halftime.

So he played and played well.
WOW! I never would have imagined such.

picasso
1/2/2008, 01:39 PM
I'll bet he plays Jerry.

mikeb
1/2/2008, 01:48 PM
I guess it is safe to say that he isnt 100%. Who will step up big for us? I say wv will not have an answer for Gresham.

Boffingham
1/2/2008, 01:55 PM
it doesn't matter, KW's gameplan is as follows:
Patrick up the middle
Brown up the middle
Greshem across the middle
Patrick up the middle
Brown up the middle
Greshem up the middle
etc...

cwood60
1/2/2008, 04:26 PM
Hot off the Dean Blevins percentage list is this news 4 hrs before kickoff.

By Dean Blevins, NEWS 9 Sports Director

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- University of Oklahoma wide receiver Malcolm Kelly has suffered an injured hamstring and may not play in tonight's Fiesta Bowl, NEWS 9 Sports Director Dean Blevins has learned.

Multiple sources close to the program confirmed Kelly's status will be a game-time decision, according to Blevins.

stoopified
1/2/2008, 06:10 PM
If Blevins says he is unlikely to play,we can relax,MK WILL PLAY.Has Dean EVER been right?

85Sooner
1/2/2008, 06:35 PM
I heard somthng about a hamstring injury. Any truth to this?

Sorry , didn't see the thread. Please merge.

Jay C. Upchurch
1/2/2008, 07:28 PM
According to everything I heard today, it was the same thigh bruise he suffered in the Big 12 title game.... he tweeked it during practice Monday...

But he is warming up right now and is showing no signs of any injuries... running crisp routes at full speed....

fossil
1/2/2008, 07:29 PM
How you think they got the Flu
Sheesh Pay tention
Sheesh! Taking a fly shot DOES NOT give you the flu. Ask any doctor or nurse. YOU DON'T GET THE FLU FROM TAKING A FLU SHOT!!!

Scott D
1/2/2008, 07:34 PM
Sheesh! Taking a fly shot DOES NOT give you the flu. Ask any doctor or nurse. YOU DON'T GET THE FLU FROM TAKING A FLU SHOT!!!

pretty sure it's still a "dead" strain of flu virus you are getting injected into your body.