PDA

View Full Version : Frank Broyles typical Old Gaurd attitude

AverageJoe
1/1/2008, 08:29 PM
During the Cotton Bowl game he said he thinks all the talk and contreversy about who the College Football champion is, is good for College Football. As long as these old geasers are still alive and teaching this out dated bullcrap of a bowl system and the money that these same old gasbags keep raking in we will never have a playoff in Div.1 Football. Just more meaningless bowl game blowouts.

Unreal.

AJ

bluedogok
1/1/2008, 08:51 PM
Well, he is THE OLD GUARD.....

Ground_Attack
1/1/2008, 09:29 PM
what I don't get is if they are so enamoured with keeping "the integrity of the bowls", then why are they so quick to sell out by changing the names, locations and dates of the original bowls. Where the hell did the Peach Bowl, Bluebonnett Bowl and the Aloha (Seattle) Bowl? We now have the Chick-fil-a Bowl, the International Bowl (WTF?) and the Emerald Nutz Bowl. And tell me why the insignificant International and GMAC Bowl are after the BCS Bowls? who cares about those anyway?

bluedogok
1/1/2008, 09:34 PM
It is all about the money, with so many bowls there are many teams making bowl money that would never sniff any playoff and therefore would lose out on money. That is why a true playoff system will not be implemented, the lower level schools will never approve it. The basketball tournament works because there are 64/65 teams and almost every conference gets an automatic, you can't do that with football since you can't play two games in a weekend.

Leroy Lizard
1/1/2008, 09:38 PM
As long as these old geasers are still alive and teaching this out dated bullcrap of a bowl system and the money that these same old gasbags keep raking in...

Sheesh, what a grouch!

OklahomaTuba
1/1/2008, 09:59 PM
what I don't get is if they are so enamoured with keeping "the integrity of the bowls", then why are they so quick to sell out by changing the names, locations and dates of the original bowls. Where the hell did the Peach Bowl, Bluebonnett Bowl and the Aloha (Seattle) Bowl? We now have the Chick-fil-a Bowl, the International Bowl (WTF?) and the Emerald Nutz Bowl. And tell me why the insignificant International and GMAC Bowl are after the BCS Bowls? who cares about those anyway?

What about the Citrus Bowl??

Oh, well that fine tradional matchup has been replaced with the Capital One Bowl.

Hooray for credit card debt!

AllAboutThe'O'
1/1/2008, 10:01 PM
What about the Citrus Bowl??

Oh, well that fine tradional matchup has been replaced with the Capital One Bowl.

Hooray for credit card debt!
How about the Peach Bowl being renamed the Chick-fil-a Bowl?

Breadburner
1/1/2008, 10:14 PM
How about the Peach Bowl being renamed the Chick-fil-a Bowl?

Thats just awful......

bluedogok
1/1/2008, 10:17 PM
Well, it was the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl for awhile.

goingoneight
1/1/2008, 10:30 PM
The bowls that supposedly ehance "tradition" do nothing more than allow ESPN to do something besides covering the World Rock-Paper-Scissors Championship. By that I mean it's all about money-money-money.

Here's an idea "proud sponsors..."

Instead of seeing a fat guy dance in the endzone with his Dr. Pepper 15-20 times per game, how sponsoring that game? I mean, seriously... "Papa Johns .com Bowl?

WTF is a .com doing in college football?

Leroy Lizard
1/1/2008, 10:34 PM
Suggested rule changes:

1. The entry fee to host a bowl game should be doubled.

2. The names of businesses cannot be included in the name of the bowl or on any official bowl awards.

Anything else?

OklahomaTuba
1/1/2008, 10:57 PM
3. Top 8 BCS teams play in a playoff, with 1-4 getting a home game, and then the final three games being played in a rotation of the Orange, Sugar, Fiesta & Cotton.

4. **** the rose bowl.

opksooner
1/1/2008, 11:48 PM
Well, he is THE OLD GOURD.....

There..........I fixed it for ya.

LoyalFan
1/1/2008, 11:51 PM
Well, he is THE OLD GUARD.....

And a GEEZER too!

LF

goingoneight
1/2/2008, 12:08 AM
3. Top 8 BCS teams play in a playoff, with 1-4 getting a home game, and then the final three games being played in a rotation of the Orange, Sugar, Fiesta & Cotton.

4. **** the rose bowl.

There you go using logic again. ;)

Curly Bill
1/2/2008, 12:25 AM
There you go using logic again. ;)

Don't know how logical it is to think you can tell the Rose Bowl to go screw themselves. Like it or hate it the Rose Bowl carries a big hammer.

...just sayin

GottaHavePride
1/2/2008, 12:56 AM

You're fogetting the Insight Bowl, which was until recently the Insight.com Bowl.

GottaHavePride
1/2/2008, 12:57 AM
Suggested rule changes:

1. The entry fee to host a bowl game should be doubled.

2. The names of businesses cannot be included in the name of the bowl or on any official bowl awards.

Anything else?

Yeah, I loved tonight how the announcers kept talking about how "Georgia is well-acquainted with the Allstate Sugar Bowl" and I thought "No they aren't, because the last time they played in it, it was just the Sugar Bowl. Stop calling games from the 70s the "Allstate" Sugar Bowl, ******s."

AllAboutThe'O'
1/2/2008, 03:13 AM
Yeah, I loved tonight how the announcers kept talking about how "Georgia is well-acquainted with the Allstate Sugar Bowl" and I thought "No they aren't, because the last time they played in it, it was just the Sugar Bowl. Stop calling games from the 70s the "Allstate" Sugar Bowl, ******s."
I liked it better when it was called the Nokia Sugar Bowl. And before that, the USF & G Sugar Bowl.

Crucifax Autumn
1/2/2008, 03:48 AM
I wish playboy, penthouse, or hustler should sponsor one. That would be hilarious...The Hustler Magazine Bush Bowl

Jacie
1/2/2008, 07:12 AM
Names that I miss:

Poulan Weedeater Independence Bowl

Outback Steakhouse Gator Bowl

And if you're going way back:

Delta Bowl

Gotham Bowl

soonerwalt
1/2/2008, 08:04 AM
I wish playboy, penthouse, or hustler should sponsor one. That would be hilarious...The Hustler Magazine Bush Bowl

I LIKES

How bout in honor of a former local establishment in the OKC area the Glory Hole Bowl:eek: :eek:

Jason White's Third Knee
1/2/2008, 08:41 AM
The bowls that supposedly ehance "tradition" do nothing more than allow ESPN to do something besides covering the World Rock-Paper-Scissors Championship. By that I mean it's all about money-money-money.

Here's an idea "proud sponsors..."

Instead of seeing a fat guy dance in the endzone with his Dr. Pepper 15-20 times per game, how sponsoring that game? I mean, seriously... "Papa Johns .com Bowl?

I hate that fat guy and that song.

I thought espn was covering the WRPS Championship. That's how the BCS decided on LSU and tOSU.

Who needs to know that Papa John's has a website? Does anyone think that they might not have a website? What could be on that website that is so cool that they have to include it in their name now? I just checked. They have pizza.

I've heard the argument that people won't show up for the bowl games if a playoff was implemented. Uhhh, did anyone see the attendance of the lower tier bowls? No one did. there wasn't any.

I miss calling the citrus bowl, the citrus bowl. I have always been disgusted by the sponsers putting their names before the bowl... now they just eat the bowl. Sucks.

stoopified
1/2/2008, 11:05 AM
Poulan Weedeater Bowl.That is/was the worst name ever.

bluedogok
1/2/2008, 02:05 PM
Poulan Weedeater Bowl.That is/was the worst name ever.
It is so bad that it is almost good, in a funny kind of way.

MextheBulldog
1/2/2008, 02:32 PM

C'mon now - maybe you could get away with this comment in 2001, but tha Intraweb is here forever!