Gator: "Leach needs to channel his inner Les Miles"

:rolleyes:

AJ
This site might prove helpful:

http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/

meoveryouxinfinity
1/1/2008, 03:33 PM
"now in the NFL that would be called...."

Yeah, and if we were in arena football it would be a touchdown.

proudsoonergal
1/1/2008, 04:15 PM
Cotton: "Missouri is the only team in the country that has scored at least 30 points in their 12 games."

True, but they didn't do so hot in their 13th game, now did they? :D And what type of stupid stat is that?

bluedogok
1/1/2008, 04:50 PM
Cotton: "Missouri is the only team in the country that has scored at least 30 points in their 12 games."

True, but they didn't do so hot in their 13th game, now did they? :D And what type of stupid stat is that?
I noticed that as well.........FUN with stats is what that's called.

OKC Sooner
1/1/2008, 05:51 PM
I noticed that as well.........FUN with stats is what that's called.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." -Disraeli

AverageJoe
1/1/2008, 05:57 PM
Rose Bowl: By KirkStreet after USC scored the first TD "If you are an SC fan this is exactly how you wanted the game to start, if your an Illinois fan this exactly how you did not want the game to start"

Thank you Mr. Obvious......................:rolleyes:

They get paid for this???????????????

AJ

Lott's Bandana
1/1/2008, 06:25 PM
On the radio today the announcer kept saying "Florida State came to play." "Florida State made a valiant effort." "Florida State will be good again next year."

Guess the Meatchickens got two wins.

NYC Poke
1/1/2008, 06:34 PM
During the USF game, an announcer repeatedly mentioned that USF was the only team in the country to have defeated 3 conference champions this year. The conferences? Big East (WVU), Conference USA (UCF), and Sun Belt (FAU).

North Dakota Sooner
1/1/2008, 06:43 PM

I was thinkin the same thing, so I guess evreyon has a lil Les Miles in them, just cause they go for it on 4th!! Les Miles is a Genius!! :rolleyes:

OffroadOUFan
1/1/2008, 07:12 PM
Holiday Bowl: Mac Brown's been getting his players up for 6am practices and making them strap it on and work it hard.

Cam
1/1/2008, 07:31 PM
This is my biggest pet peeve and you hear it every stinkin game.

(Insert players name) is the best (insert a position here) in country.

meoveryouxinfinity
1/1/2008, 07:34 PM
Musburger about McKnight: "you wont catch him from behind"

lol he tackled him from behind about 3 seconds later.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/1/2008, 07:37 PM
Griese saying TT could run the table next year with all their returning starters...

NYC Poke
1/1/2008, 08:19 PM
Musberger a few minutes ago: "USC might as well be considered an NFL franchise . . ."

I thought this was really dumb when I first heard it. But then I remembered that USC pays their players just like the NFL does, so he might have a point.

TUSooner
1/1/2008, 08:46 PM
Musberger a few minutes ago: "USC might as well be considered an NFL franchise . . ."

I thought this was really dumb when I first heard it. But then I remembered that USC pays their players just like the NFL does, so he might have a point.
That's what makes him "Gushberger." :rolleyes:

But his comment is further evidence of how sorry a mismatch this game was.

Ok, I'll quit !

bluedogok
1/1/2008, 08:50 PM
I think they both need some new knee pads, they must have worn theirs out in Pete's office.

OKmanUbet
1/1/2008, 09:12 PM
Sugar Bowl...Chris Myers asking Mark Richt..."so coach, are you going to try and be balanced on offense tonignt?"

I think Richt should have answered..."No Chris, we are going to pass 100% of the time you Mutha F___r!"

MichiganSooner
1/1/2008, 10:31 PM
On the radio, because hardly anyone saw them on the NFL network, Hunziker says, "the Cowboys get a second consecutive bowl win for the third time in school history and improve their bowl record to 12-6, #1 all-time among Big 12 Conference teams in winning percentage!!!!!"

FirstandGoal
1/1/2008, 10:33 PM
we seriously might need more bandwidth for this thread to reach its full potential.

tulsaoilerfan
1/1/2008, 10:48 PM
Pretty much anything out of Mouseberger's mouth could go in this post

HopeSpringsEternal
1/2/2008, 12:53 AM
It's getting hard trying to figure out which is worse. The announcing or the games themselves.

SoonerPr8r
1/2/2008, 01:03 AM
This was not said by an announcer (that I heard anyway) but CBS sportsline is claiming that SUC is number one after the game today.....i guess that means that georgia is number one too!

Breadburner
1/2/2008, 01:07 AM
Anyone listening to Lou Holtz on Sportscenter.....Sugar Dome....lol....I think he is all lickered up....

CincySooner
1/2/2008, 09:09 AM
the one that always gets a chuckle out of me is...

"this guy is a dangerous return man"

its not like you ever hear anyone say "this guy is a pretty crappy return man"... if you are a kick returner, aren't you by-definition dangerous.

Poli Sci
1/2/2008, 09:17 AM
Sterling Sharpe, Insight Bowl; "Indiana just ran into a Juggernaut"

Flagstaffsooner
1/2/2008, 09:59 AM
I was thinkin the same thing, so I guess evreyon has a lil Les Miles in them, jLaxatives will clear that up.

OUDoc
1/2/2008, 10:49 AM
Sterling Sharpe, Insight Bowl; "Indiana just ran into a Juggernaut"
Indiana just temporarily forgot they suck at football. That team had no business being in a bowl game.

Ash
1/2/2008, 11:59 AM
I might have heard wrong but could have sworn that Musberger and Herbie were touting Illinois' ability to come back against SUC based on their win against Mizzou after falling behind. LOL

Soonersince57
1/2/2008, 12:03 PM
Too bad none of the announcers have mentioned the sparse crowds at most of these games. Can you say, "Too many Bowls"?

SoonerTerry
1/2/2008, 12:12 PM
"He smelled sack and he got sack"- Chris Spielman (Via Fairplay)

Jason White's Third Knee
1/2/2008, 12:25 PM

I was thinkin the same thing, so I guess evreyon has a lil Les Miles in them, just cause they go for it on 4th!! Les Miles is a Genius!! :rolleyes:

Yes. I have a little Les Miles in me right now. My coffee is kicking in so he will be set free in about 15 minutes.

Eielson
1/2/2008, 05:13 PM
Did Musberger really say in the Rose Bowl that he loved the game for the sunset? I had my TV set to spanish.

soonerspudman
1/2/2008, 05:55 PM
Cotton Bowl, the entire Frank Broyles segment. It was like being in the stands and having three drunk guys sitting behind you that talk loudly about anything but the game you're trying to watch. I don't know what the producers were thinking, I turned the sound off...

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/2/2008, 06:12 PM
Nothing like the sun setting into that beautiful smog

MichiganSooner
1/3/2008, 03:27 PM
Fiesta Bowl. Around 11 minutes to go.

"OU better think about hurrying up; going to a no-huddle; time is not an ally".

Touchdown OU.

"OU needs to realize there is plenty of time; there is no need to rush."

OUDoc
1/3/2008, 09:25 PM
"Someone got a handful of Johnny Dingle."

That's just wrong.

PLaw
1/3/2008, 11:02 PM
From the print media, USA Today and Arizona Republic referred to AP as Adrian Peterson. Clearly, the writers had no idea about OU football.

BOOMER