PDA

View Full Version : Offishul orange and blue SEC Tigers vs. orange and purple ACC Tigers thread.

Okla-homey
12/31/2007, 07:45 PM
They used to play each other about every year. They stopped doing that a while back.

BTW, no kiddin': Clemson chose the Tiger and orange because their first coach came over from Auburn and suggested it.

Peach Bowl. Should be a good game. packed house in ATL, about equidistant for both fan bases.

SoonerBOI
12/31/2007, 08:01 PM
This game should be a good one.

bluedogok
12/31/2007, 08:11 PM
BTW, no kiddin': Clemson chose the Tiger and orange because their first coach came over from Auburn and suggested it.
Oklahoma A&M used to be the Tigers and the black and orange were chosen because the school president had come from Princeton. That is where the "Princeton of the Plains" moniker they have tried to use over the years came from because that was the presidents goal.

Cam
12/31/2007, 08:20 PM
Oklahoma A&M used to be the Tigers and the black and orange were chosen because the school president had come from Princeton. That is where the "Princeton of the Plains" moniker they have tried to use over the years came from because that was the presidents goal.
So, if you've been failing to meet your own severely over inflated expectations for that long, is the feeling of being an aggie nature or nurture?

bluedogok
12/31/2007, 08:24 PM
I think the feelings of being inadequate comes natural to them.......

devOUt
12/31/2007, 08:52 PM

I didn't know that. I guess the aggies could not extend the comparison to academics.

bluedogok
12/31/2007, 10:47 PM
Awburn plays I've Been Workin' On the Railroad too?

meoveryouxinfinity
12/31/2007, 11:06 PM
cj spiller.... run the ball!

OUinFLA
12/31/2007, 11:08 PM
is there some reason espn doesn't have a score bar on the screen?

AllAboutThe'O'
12/31/2007, 11:26 PM
Fort Smith's own Kodi Burns scores the game-winning TD in overtime as the Auburn Tigers beat the Clemson Tigers, 23-20.

meoveryouxinfinity
12/31/2007, 11:32 PM
I guess SEC fans were right about their dominance this bowl season. It makes me wanna puke.

Okla-homey
12/31/2007, 11:43 PM
I guess SEC fans were right about their dominance this bowl season. It makes me wanna puke.

I think the gutsiest thing in that game was that brand-new spread offense AU installed two weeks ago. I'm thinking we'll see some good things out of the Plains next year on the shoulders of that offense executed by an option QB in young Mr. Burns.

WAR EAGLE!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/1/2008, 12:26 AM
Auburn is the onliest team I know with 3 mascots: tigers, war eagles, and plainsmen. What's that worth?

Okla-homey
1/1/2008, 01:53 AM
Auburn is the onliest team I know with 3 mascots: tigers, war eagles, and plainsmen. What's that worth?

okay, here we go. again.

The mascot and team name is "Tigers"

The yell is "War Eagle!" "War Damn Eagle!" if the fan is drunk.

They are sometimes referred to as "Plainsmen" because AU is situated in the heart of the Alabama coastal plain (a/k/a the Black Belt.) Note, "Black Belt" refers to the rich, black-colored loamy soil of the Alabama coastal plain. The town in which the formerly named Alabama Polytechnic Institute (now Auburn University) sits is known in song as "The Prettiest City On the Plains."

critical_phil
1/1/2008, 01:59 AM
okay, here we go. again.

The mascot and team name is "Tigers"

The yell is "War Eagle!" "War Damn Eagle!" if the fan is drunk.

They are sometimes referred to as "Plainsmen" because AU is situated in the heart of the Alabama coastal plain (a/k/a the Black Belt.) Note, "Black Belt" refers to the rich, black-colored loamy soil of the Alabama coastal plain. The town in which the formerly named Alabama Polytechnic Institute (now Auburn University) sits is known in song as "The Prettiest City On the Plains."

[hairGel]

condensed version:

blah, blah, blah, Alabama Aggy.

Cam
1/1/2008, 05:02 PM
They may have a good record in the bowls, but they've been far from dominate in any game.

Okla-homey
1/1/2008, 06:57 PM
They may have a good record in the bowls, but they've been far from dominate in any game.

and the Big XII and the SEC are now even in head-to-head match-ups this bowl season. I'll grant however, CU and Bammer was kind of a cripple fight.

meoveryouxinfinity
1/1/2008, 07:07 PM
They just got handed two losses today, in games that actually matter. Arkansas getting bich-slapped and UF getting stunned. :eek: :pop:

Okla-homey
1/1/2008, 07:13 PM
They just got handed two losses today, in games that actually matter. Arkansas getting bich-slapped and UF getting stunned. :eek: :pop:

Heisman boy didn't get-r-done now did he? Schadenfreude!