PDA

View Full Version : I Have Decided...

Okla-homey
12/31/2007, 07:36 PM
to follow Jesus!

(sorry, Fall's Creek flashback)

Now, back to the point. Tomorrow, Jan 1, 2008 I am going to wade into that closet in our master suite, you know, the one we all have.

I'm gonna clean and organize it. I am going to fill trash bags with clothes and shoes me and Mrs. Homey I don't wear. If it would only be appropriate for a 80's themed party, to the bags. If it is a white dress shirt that doesn't still look sparkling white...to the bags. if it is a necktie I wouldn't wear to see the Pope, to the bags. if the heels are worn down on apair of shoes...to the bags.

If there is any OU stuff with that gawd-awful leaning OU we used during the Blake era...to the bags.

Ditto footwear generally. If its a leather dress shoe and ain't good to go for wear in court today, to the bags.

Multiple pairs of old and worn tenny-pumps...to the bags. Yes, even my high-top white Reebocks which used to smoke on the dancefloor on an O-club Saturday night in 1986.

When I'm done, that closet is gonna be tip-top, uber-spiffy.

Then, I'm doing the same thing with my chest-0-drawers. If a formerly white t-shirt is dingy, to the bag. If a sock lacks a mate, to the bag. If I happen to find any old greyed tighty-whities...to the bags. I short, If it's unlikely to be worn again, to the bags!

I shall then, transport said bags to my buddy's homeless mission. This time of year, they can't possibly have too many clothes on hand.

My friend tells me his flock wears layers. They do so to stay warm. It is completely impractical to launder things when they come in and start pealling off layers. It's best to pitch the dirty stuff, and give them new used clothing. Nothing would make me happier than to spot some guy cruising down the sidewalk in some of my old, but clean and still serviceable duds.

That is all.

GottaHavePride
12/31/2007, 07:41 PM
Good on you, Homey.

Tailwind
12/31/2007, 07:42 PM
Wow, that sounds like a big job for a Tuesday! But for a good purpose, I must say. Good luck with that!

SoonerGirl06
12/31/2007, 07:44 PM
There's nothing better than a cleaned out closed and drawers.

Good luck on your mission.

StoopTroup
12/31/2007, 07:45 PM
Throwing out the Wife's old shoes?

This could get interesting.

Tailwind
12/31/2007, 07:58 PM
Throwing out the Wife's old shoes?

This could get interesting.
Oooh, you've got a point there!

olevetonahill
12/31/2007, 08:05 PM
There's nothing better than a cleaned out closed and drawers.

Good luck on your mission.
I like Clean Drawers

OKC-SLC
12/31/2007, 08:21 PM
I like Clean Drawers
Someone contact an admin.

Someone has stolen olevet's password.

olevetonahill
12/31/2007, 08:38 PM
Someone contact an admin.

Someone has stolen olevet's password.

Well when I wear em I want em clean

FirstandGoal
12/31/2007, 10:18 PM
:eek:

Preservation Parcels
1/1/2008, 12:06 AM
Husband knows a man who gets the same thing for his birthday every year - a $300 dumpster. The real gift is that he's welcome to go through his entire house and fill the dumpster with anything he chooses.

Happy (Uncluttered) New Year!

jk the sooner fan
1/1/2008, 12:44 AM
i'm sorry momma....... i never meant to make you cry....

stoops the eternal pimp
1/1/2008, 01:19 AM
though none go with me i still will follow

Okla-homey
1/1/2008, 01:30 AM

amen my brutha.;)

stoops the eternal pimp
1/1/2008, 01:38 AM
I had the same flashback when I read the thread title

critical_phil
1/1/2008, 02:04 AM
you guys are pathetic.

my falls creek flashback is that i get wood any time i hear the name "Amy".

TUSooner
1/1/2008, 11:00 AM
I like Clean Drawers

You old guys and your memories of days past...:rolleyes:

Preservation Parcels
1/1/2008, 11:08 AM

No turning back, no turning back.

StoopTroup
1/1/2008, 11:21 AM
you guys are pathetic.

my falls creek flashback is that i get wood any time i hear the name "Amy".
I was just looking at the Rules and Regulations section at the Falls Creek website and it says:

The charge for laying out wood is $10

You may owe Amy some money and interest C_P.

:pop:

Okla-homey
1/1/2008, 02:02 PM
Well, I'm halfway done. The danged old extra wire hangers and cleaners bags filled up the outside trash can all by themselves. Yes, I'm one of those who pulls a shirt off a hanger when I get dressed, and leaves the wire hanger hanging in the closet.

The closet is starting to look spiffy.

Anyone want an Elton John concert t-shirt from his '99 tour of small venues?

Flagstaffsooner
1/1/2008, 02:31 PM
Anyone want an Elton John concert t-shirt from his '99 tour of small venues?That would go well with Olevet's clean drawers.