PDA

View Full Version : DG- Situation good for us next year?

RoaminSooner
12/31/2007, 04:41 PM
He ****ed up bad!!! But he's not the first and won't be the last. It's an embarrasment to the University, the staff, and the team...but I think it could motivate our players to step up. I also think ultimately this could be a good thing for Marcus, perhaps it will lead to a positive change in his life, and hopefully his desire to make up for this to his team will motivate him in the off-season.

Stoops will forgive, the team won't forget- but I think next year this situation will make him a better player for us.

:pop:

colleyvillesooner
12/31/2007, 04:44 PM
Umm, yeah it's demarcus, not marcus

RoaminSooner
12/31/2007, 04:53 PM
woops- didn't realize i was calling him marcus

sooneron
12/31/2007, 04:57 PM
I do know that Marco Murray will be a beast next year!

TheUnnamedSooner
12/31/2007, 05:01 PM
Maybe we'll recruit a guy named Marcus that will kick butt next year!

brown town sooner
12/31/2007, 05:14 PM
Uhhh...I don't know...I think your logic is skewed. I'm of the belief that statements like "the team will step up in his absence" tend to be a little overboard. ..and isn't really that realistic. The players will be motivated because they're playing in the BCS...I don't think they will be thinking "Let's go win this game because DeMarcus screwed up and we have to represent our name." Make no mistake about it....this is not good for the defense. Especially as volatile as the defense has been this year on the road. What a FREAKIN dumba!@ mistake. Add to the fact that Reggie and Lendy are both gone and 3 main cogs of the defense is gone.

usmc-sooner
12/31/2007, 05:25 PM
how stupid do you have to be to take the sensor off the coat then throw it in the bag. I'd imagine it would have to be a big coat and not something to easily walk out with. Stupid Stupid Stupid

85sooners
12/31/2007, 06:39 PM
:rolleyes:

goingoneight
12/31/2007, 06:55 PM
DeMarcus Walker is still playing, right? :confused:

FWIW, shoplifting will not get you a boot anywhere. Not even at that Miami school who doesn't even let you bring your gats to practice. DG will get his court-ordered punishment and he'll get his *** run off him in spring ball. Hell, he might be a linebacker next year by the time Stoops and Schmiddy are done with him.

Stupid mistake, the punishment so far has been legit.

Breadburner
12/31/2007, 07:02 PM
Do we really need another thread on this.....This particular one reminds me of the orangepower board.....

StoopTroup
12/31/2007, 07:36 PM
We should be able to talk about it.

It's ashame he gave into temptation and tried to steal the coat.

I hope he realizes he did wrong.

Leroy Lizard
12/31/2007, 07:54 PM
Maybe he meant Marcus Garvey. With apologies to Burning Spear:

Can't get no food to eat,
Can't get no money to spend, [So we steal from Burlington Coat Factory]
Can't get no food to eat,
Can't get no money to spend, Woo -oo- oo

He who knows the right thing
And do it not
Shall be spanked with many stripes, [And we're not talking referees]

Weeping and wailing and moaning, [Like Javorskie Lane]
You've got yourself to blame, I tell you.
Do right do right do right do right do right,
Tell you to do right, Woo -oo- oo [And as Sooner fans we...]
Beg you to do right, Woo -oo- oo

stoopified
12/31/2007, 10:29 PM
At least DT is aposition we have depth at ,McCoy.Coleman, and Bennet are all solid players and now Adrian Taylor has a shot at the #4 spot in the rdtation.

usmc-sooner
12/31/2007, 10:31 PM
we don't need Marco Murray we have Patrick Allen