PDA

View Full Version : Dan Fouts Pac 10 homer ....

Blues1
12/31/2007, 02:34 PM
This guy is such a pac 10 (Oregon Homer) - He makes a "almost catch"sound like Greatest Play in College football History..... :P

sooneron
12/31/2007, 02:35 PM
This guy is such a pac 10 (Oregon Homer) - He makes a "almost catch"sound like Greatest Play in College football History..... :P
Or every passer in the pac 10 the second coming of ....... him.:rolleyes:

Getem
12/31/2007, 02:59 PM
My memory of Fouts is the Holiday Bowl with Oregon a few years back. He actually seemed pretty even-handed then. Of course, I was contrasting him with Keith Jackson, who seemed to be trying to help coach Oregon.

King Crimson
12/31/2007, 03:00 PM
Fouts (while indeed a homer and hard to listen to) at least copped to the botched on-side kick at Eugene....right away.

sooneron
12/31/2007, 03:01 PM
Fouts (while indeed a homer and hard to listen to) at least copped to the botched on-side kick at Eugene....right away.
I agree. He was quick to jump on the bad call and I think he sorta likes the Sooners.

bri
12/31/2007, 03:12 PM
Fouts was a good color guy, but he's a painful PBP guy to listen to.

usmc-sooner
12/31/2007, 05:26 PM
If I was announcer I'd be a OU homer. I think it's just natural. What about the dream team of Musberger and Fouts.

bri
12/31/2007, 05:36 PM
For some reason, I don't mind Musburger, so I liked the team of him on PBP and Fouts as the color guy.

goingoneight
12/31/2007, 05:58 PM
I actually like Fouts. I've never seen a game where he's not excitable or even-keeled. He said on National TV that Oregon "jobbed" the Sooners. His alma mater. That's not easy for ANYONE to do.

In fact, if we ever have games on ABC, I always hope (post-Jackson retirement) that it's Nessler-Griese, Thorne, Franklin or Fouts in no particular order. Musburger is boring and biased, Wischusen (sp?) doesn't have a freaking clue, the chick announcer (thank god we haven't had her yet) farks up names worse than BBSr.

bluedogok
12/31/2007, 06:36 PM
I like Fouts better than most of them, most of the time he tempers his Pac 10 homerism better than most.

goingoneight
12/31/2007, 06:41 PM
Remember about ten weeks ago when the PAC 10 was the nation's toughest conference in 2007? Yeah... then Cal slipped from #2 to 6-6, mighty Standford beat SUC, Oregon proved their worth without Dennis Dixon and now Arizona State got raped by the 3rd or 4th best in the BIG 12.

85sooners
12/31/2007, 06:43 PM
dan the man!

Jason White's Third Knee
12/31/2007, 06:51 PM
Remember about ten weeks ago when the PAC 10 was the nation's toughest conference in 2007? Yeah... then Cal slipped from #2 to 6-6, mighty Standford beat SUC, Oregon proved their worth without Dennis Dixon and now Arizona State got raped by the 3rd or 4th best in the BIG 12.

This isn't the rape thread. The rape thread is the DeMarcus Granger thread for some reason.

bri
12/31/2007, 06:58 PM
Meh, if you wait long enough every thread on this forum becomes the "man, I sure do hate the Pac-10" thread.

It's nice to see our stalkerish obsessions have advanced beyond Texas, Notre Dame, and the Southeastern Conference.

bluedogok
12/31/2007, 06:59 PM
We're equal opportunity haters :D

Frozen Sooner
12/31/2007, 08:37 PM
If I was announcer I'd be a OU homer. I think it's just natural. What about the dream team of Musberger and Fouts.

This is exactly why I could never be a color guy. They'd have to put me on tape delay.

"Ahhhhhh ****! That was a ****in' horrible call! No, **** YOU!"

soonerboomer93
12/31/2007, 08:50 PM
they could make you the off color commentator

bri
12/31/2007, 09:16 PM
Or the blue commentator.

Edmond Sooner
12/31/2007, 11:30 PM
Say what you will, but I remember Fouts was the color commentator during the OU/Oregon debacle, and he emphatically pointed out how bad a call BOTH of those reffing monstrosities were on air, after they'd been made. And he is an Oregon alum. I always appreciated his honesty for that.

jwlynn64
1/1/2008, 12:50 AM
I find that he is equally excitable no matter which team is doing well. I think that he is generally a positive person who looks for the good in both teams.

I give him a thumbs up. :D

AllAboutThe'O'
1/1/2008, 12:53 AM
I find that he is equally excitable no matter which team is doing well. I think that he is generally a positive person who looks for the good in both teams.

I give him a thumbs up. :D
I don't have a problem with him, either.
Funny that both Fouts and his partner, Tim Brant, are both interchangeable. Brant has also done PBP in addition to analyst duties. Might be the only announcing team in history that can lay such a claim.

bluedogok
1/1/2008, 01:25 AM
Brant is more of a Pac 10 homer than Fouts, his son played for UCLA in the past few years.

Frozen Sooner
1/1/2008, 05:25 AM
As the resident Charger fan, Dan Fouts can do no wrong so far as I'm concerned unless it's in Cincinnati in the AFC Championship game. Damn it.

TUSooner
1/1/2008, 10:34 AM
<obligatory>
Dan Fouts once gave me a kidney.

But seriously, folks, I like Dan as an announcer. He's fair and he seems like he actually enjoys the game he broadcasting.

Blues1
1/1/2008, 10:36 AM
You guy's are all TOO Nice....He's a Pac 10 homer - I see and & hear him ever week out hear on the West Coast......He did say OU got screwed on that one play - So I will cut some slack ~~~~ Who do we pick on Next...?? -- :)

TUSooner
1/1/2008, 10:39 AM
Tim Brandt? noope. He (like Bob Davie only worse) has an annoying semi-tough guy way of talking that grates on my nerves. Every sentence is like, "I'm going to tell you something, buddy and you'd better listen up,. It's my opinion and I'm always right because I KNOW how it really is and you never will....beyonce." He has no humor and always seems too busy proving how awesome he is to enjoy the game. STFU, Tim (and I mean that in the nicest possible way).