They shoulda gotten a Grammy!

I hate myself.

And no, they shouldn't have.

OKLA21FAN
12/31/2007, 01:17 PM
A for effort :pop:

OCUDad
12/31/2007, 02:00 PM
A for effort :pop:See, this is what's wrong with education in America today - students receiving A grades for work that deserves a C at best.:pop:

OKLA21FAN
12/31/2007, 02:10 PM
See, this is what's wrong with education in America today - students receiving A grades for work that deserves a C at best.:pop:

i was a product of private school education in Tulsa, and both schools graded in a way that you might agree with.

in each class you not only received a grade based on actually performance, but you also received a grade based on effort. while it was subjective in nature, it was pretty amazing that the teachers could see right through the ruse or 'trying' or applying yourself or not. i would say my 'effort grades' looking back were pretty much dead on.

of course it didn't factor in your grade point, but it was something of use when trying to explain to mom and dad why your are 'only getting Cs' and such, and your 'effort grade' was below that. conversely, if you were barely passing, but your effort grade was high, mom and dad seemed to be a little more understanding.

BigRedJed
12/31/2007, 02:13 PM
This thing is such a POS that I don't even want to merge it and taint the other crappy threads.

BigRedJed
12/31/2007, 02:14 PM
I love saying "taint."

OCUDad
12/31/2007, 02:57 PM
i was a product of private school education in Tulsa, and both schools graded in a way that you might agree with.

in each class you not only received a grade based on actually performance, but you also received a grade based on effort. while it was subjective in nature, it was pretty amazing that the teachers could see right through the ruse or 'trying' or applying yourself or not. i would say my 'effort grades' looking back were pretty much dead on.

of course it didn't factor in your grade point, but it was something of use when trying to explain to mom and dad why your are 'only getting Cs' and such, and your 'effort grade' was below that. conversely, if you were barely passing, but your effort grade was high, mom and dad seemed to be a little more understanding.Fair enough for kids, but Mike Rich is a man, or so he says (is he 40?), so the bar is higher. Mike, this is "C" work. You need to do better.

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try.'" -- Yoda :D