PDA

View Full Version : IF I were a Dallas Cowboy fan...

TUSooner
12/30/2007, 06:57 PM
I'd be kinda concerned that they have fired all their ammo for the year.
They haven't looked good for the last 3 or 4 games, and today they positively STINK. Yeah, I know they are not playing all their aces, but there's no excuse for having negative rushing yards in the 3d Q. And Romo has continued his convincing impersonation of congealed dog barf.

But I am NOT a Cowboy fan, so I hope this is a trend and they throw a 1 & Done in the playoffs. Of course, I mean that in the nicest possible way. :D

Stitch Face
12/30/2007, 07:19 PM
If they don't care about being there and they're going to rest their dudes and they can't play any better than that they should just forfeit. "Oh, Redskins, you give a **** about this? Okay, you win, we just won't play."

Cowboys = teh succ. No chance for the Minnesota Petersons.

StoopTroup
12/30/2007, 07:51 PM
Everybody thought the Pats would do what the Cowboys did today.

As a Cowboy Fan...I'm sickened from what I saw today.

tulsaoilerfan
12/30/2007, 07:53 PM
Even though Dallas has not been playing well the last 4 games, the difference in the offense without TO is amazing; if he doesn't play in the playoffs, i see this team being one and done.

tfoolry
12/31/2007, 10:42 AM
No reason to panic. No NFC team is going to beat the 'Boys in Texas Stadium once the playoffs start.

TUSooner
12/31/2007, 10:47 AM
No reason to panic. No NFC team is going to beat the 'Boys in Texas Stadium once the playoffs start.

If true, that says more about the lameness of the NFC than the greatness of the Cowboys. ;)

In any event, I really like the NFL playoffs - bring em on.

tfoolry
12/31/2007, 11:01 AM
If true, that says more about the lameness of the NFC than the greatness of the Cowboys. ;)

In any event, I really like the NFL playoffs - bring em on.

Well, the last thing the 'Boys need is the media telling them how great they are right now. I'm hoping for a rematch with an undefeated NE team in SB as media will not give Dallas a chance. All the talk will be about Pats being best of all time & no better team to knock them off than Cowboys!

GrapevineSooner
1/1/2008, 11:37 AM
It's somewhat concerning that they haven't played very well the last four games. But I think they'll right the ship once the playoffs start.

jk the sooner fan
1/1/2008, 12:47 PM
the ONLY thing the cowboys wanted to come away with from that game is no further injuries

it was a meaningless game and to try and make it seem like it mattered is foolish

AllAboutThe'O'
1/1/2008, 12:50 PM
the ONLY thing the cowboys wanted to come away with from that game is no further injuries

it was a meaningless game and to try and make it seem like it mattered is foolish
That certainly wasn't the case when the Jimster was coaching the 'Boys. Ask Swervin' Curvin Richards if the regular-season finale was a meaningless game.

jk the sooner fan
1/1/2008, 01:30 PM
ok thats a given

we werent talking about 10 seasons ago, we're talking about this past weekend

Jacie
1/1/2008, 02:09 PM
Let's see, Washington needed the win to guarantee making the playoffs. You don't think they came with a little more motivation than Dallas?

jk the sooner fan
1/1/2008, 02:40 PM
Let's see, Washington needed the win to guarantee making the playoffs. You don't think they came with a little more motivation than Dallas?

i think even a blind man could have seen that

and i also think a blind man could have seen the cowboys had no interest in that game whatsoever

they had already clinched the division, the first round bye and the home field advantage thru the playoffs

pride has been absent from the NFL for many years

Newbomb Turk
1/1/2008, 02:49 PM
To me it's more about how the Cowboys have played the last month than just the last game.

jk the sooner fan
1/1/2008, 03:47 PM
you mean winning 3 out of 5?

Newbomb Turk
1/1/2008, 03:55 PM
you gotta admit, they haven't played as well as they did earlier in the year.

jk the sooner fan
1/1/2008, 04:06 PM
no, they havent, but it doesnt cause me as much alarm or concern as it seems to with others

Newbomb Turk
1/1/2008, 04:16 PM
I'm not terribly concerned, just wish they were going in playing better. The week off will help (hopefully get Owens back), and I'm glad they are playing at home.

95bravo
1/1/2008, 05:31 PM
Two of the three defeats they took were at home this year-and one of those was from an NFC team.

colinreturn
1/1/2008, 05:54 PM
ive been thinking the same thing. as a cowboys fans. im scared sh**less

Fiatil
1/1/2008, 05:58 PM
pride has been absent from the NFL for many years

Tell that to the Giants. They played their best game of the season on Saturday in a meaningless game.

tulsaoilerfan
1/1/2008, 06:32 PM

They have looked like **** the last month, and that concerns me big time; you can spin it all they want, but this team has been putrid since they beat Green Bay

jk the sooner fan
1/1/2008, 06:33 PM
Tell that to the Giants. They played their best game of the season on Saturday in a meaningless game.

i think that game is apples compared to the cowboys/redskins game (oranges)

it wasnt meaningless at all - they had to put up some effort because of the 30 some odd year old record that was at stake - you cant just give that to them, and you certainly dont want to be on the losing end of that without the effort they gave

r5TPsooner
1/1/2008, 06:38 PM

Unless you have inside information on what goes on in the Dallas Cowboys locker room, I think it would be foolish to presume anything. If the game didn't matter at all to Wade and Jerry, I feel that Romo would have never sniffed the field to begin with. To have him play as much as he did, told most people (me included) that they were trying to get the offense some work, especially Romo, since he hasn't been exactly lighting it up lately.

If they were only out to avoid injuries, none of the starters would have played more than a series or two.

Being a Dallas fan, I am concerned, but I'm optimistic about Dallas coming out and playing well in the playoffs. I just hope that Romo's finger injury isn't worse than the Cowboys are leading us to believe.

jk the sooner fan
1/1/2008, 06:40 PM
did you watch the game? i dont think you had to be in the locker room to figure it out

r5TPsooner
1/1/2008, 06:42 PM
did you watch the game? i dont think you had to be in the locker room to figure it out

You saw it one way and many of us saw it the other way. They might not have been out to win, but they certainly didn't want Romo and the offense to look like sh*t in the process of allowing a hatred NFC East rival into the playoffs without a fight.

We agree to disagree.

Fiatil
1/1/2008, 07:09 PM
Romo did seem fairly ****ed in the clips they showed of him. It seems like there's something wrong right now.

trwxxa
1/1/2008, 09:15 PM
Maybe the "Wade" effect is starting to set in.

Everything he has touched as a head coach eventually turned to s**t. Not to mention his 0-3 playoff record.

jk the sooner fan
1/1/2008, 09:49 PM
time will tell, i'm not disagreeing that they looked like hell

but they looked pretty good against carolina until the point where TO exits the ball game - they layed an egg against Philly - first time all year - they won an exciting game in Detroit - a place where the team has a losing record

and while i agree that Romo as an individual probably cared more about the game than many of his teammates.........as a unit, they just didnt seem inspired whatsoever

i'd be worried if they got their *** handed to them after going balls to the wall trying to win the game

hopefully they'll heal in the next two weeks and enjoy having a home field advantage

tulsaoilerfan
1/1/2008, 10:49 PM
The main thing that concerns me is the TO thing; the offense looked pretty bad in the Carolina game after he got hurt, and they couldn't throw the ball at all against Washington; if TO comes back and can be effective, i think they will be okay; otherwise, it's going to be tough

tulsaoilerfan
1/13/2008, 07:54 PM
Well, guess those of us that were concerned had every right to be; they looked totally inept in the second half on offense after the first drive

Curly Bill
1/13/2008, 08:06 PM
Well, guess those of us that were concerned had every right to be; they looked totally inept in the second half on offense after the first drive

Yep.

Ardmore_Sooner
1/13/2008, 08:08 PM
And the streak is now..... 12 years! ;)

Go Pack Go! :D

85Sooner
1/13/2008, 08:08 PM

Stick a fork in ..........their done.

85sooners
1/13/2008, 08:10 PM
:hot:

GrapevineSooner
1/13/2008, 08:15 PM
The Patriots may make this all meaningless when all is said and done anyway. Still, it hurts knowing that after over 3,400 days of not winning any playoff game, we'll have to wait about another 360 days to break that drought.

Or another three months or so for this city to snap it's winless streak in playoff games/rounds.

Curly Bill
1/13/2008, 08:18 PM
Romo took some sacks hanging onto the football so long...well, you would have thought he was holding onto something of Jessica's. ;) ;)

sanantoniosooner
1/13/2008, 08:20 PM
Dallas should try a 2 QB rotation next year.

usmc-sooner
1/13/2008, 08:21 PM
crap my teams haven't done to well here lately.

Curly Bill
1/13/2008, 08:22 PM

Nah, that only works in college.

GrapevineSooner
1/13/2008, 08:22 PM
True.

That's about the only complaint that I have from Romo in this one. That and he forced the ball into double coverage to the post on Terry Glenn.

Other than that, he was the victim of poor O-line play in the 4th, some dropped passed by his wideouts, and wideouts giving up on routes, especially by Crayton on that 3rd and 11 into the end zone. He doesn't let up and that's a touchdown.

Ardmore_Sooner
1/13/2008, 08:23 PM

If only Quincy Carter was still there. ;)

Widescreen
1/13/2008, 08:24 PM
Dallas' OL got abused in the 2nd half. Ballgame.

Curly Bill
1/13/2008, 08:24 PM
wideouts giving up on routes, especially by Crayton on that 3rd and 11 into the end zone. He doesn't let up and that's a touchdown.

OMG... I saw that too and couldn't believe the talking heads didn't see fit to mention it as well.

Ardmore_Sooner
1/13/2008, 08:25 PM
OMG... I saw that too and couldn't believe the talking heads didn't see fit to mention it as well.

Aikman = Big time homer

Curly Bill
1/13/2008, 08:26 PM
Aikman = Big time homer

Ya think so, I don't see that at all.

edit...seems sometimes he even goes out of his way to not be that.

sanantoniosooner
1/13/2008, 08:29 PM
I'm not a Dallas fan, and I don't think Aikman is a homer, during broadcasts anyway.

colinreturn
1/13/2008, 08:41 PM
ive been thinking the same thing. as a cowboys fans. im scared sh**less

yep.

badger
1/13/2008, 08:48 PM
The season's over. Regroup and come back and hope that TO doesn't make any "I'm not the one that got tired in the divisional playoff" comments.

You had a good season, one of Dallas' best without a Super Bowl. Can't win 'em all, not even in the playoffs and at home (unless you're Green Bay)

:D:D:D

tulsaoilerfan
1/13/2008, 09:03 PM
True.

That's about the only complaint that I have from Romo in this one. That and he forced the ball into double coverage to the post on Terry Glenn.

Other than that, he was the victim of poor O-line play in the 4th, some dropped passed by his wideouts, and wideouts giving up on routes, especially by Crayton on that 3rd and 11 into the end zone. He doesn't let up and that's a touchdown.
You are correct on the Crayton observation, and i also think that Jason Garrett did a poor job by keeping Tony in the pocket; don't they have any kind of roll outs or naked bootlegs?

tulsaoilerfan
1/13/2008, 09:04 PM
Dallas' OL got abused in the 2nd half. Ballgame.
Once again a bunch of big fat guys get abused by speed rushers and blitzers; when will teams learn that 350 pound offensive linemen are not the answer?

GrapevineSooner
1/13/2008, 09:07 PM
The season's over. Regroup and come back and hope that TO doesn't make any "I'm not the one that got tired in the divisional playoff" comments.

You had a good season, one of Dallas' best without a Super Bowl. Can't win 'em all, not even in the playoffs and at home (unless you're Green Bay)

:D:D:D

Actually, TO came out in defense of Romo and said that Dallas lost as a team today.

I'm not prepared to say that the old selfish and arrogant TO will never surface, again. But after this loss, this seemed like the perfect storm for a TO blow up and it didn't happen.

Desert Sapper
1/13/2008, 09:13 PM
I was pretty disappointed with the Cowboy WRs in this game. Romo placed the ball well on a number of occasions and his WRs dropped it (or decided not to run through to the ball - ****ing Crayton!). Yet again, it seemed like Witten was the only one making plays. Owens played better than I thought he would. The D played pretty well. That Crayton pathetic ****ing giving up on a route bull**** at the end of the game was totally inex****ingscusable. There, I said it.

Go Packers. Dismantle the Eli Mannings (oh, he of the pretentious will-not-play-for-the-Chargers bull**** thing at the NFL Draft in '04). Hope to see some heavy snow and ice.

Desert Sapper
1/13/2008, 09:14 PM
Once again a bunch of big fat guys get abused by speed rushers and blitzers; when will teams learn that 350 pound offensive linemen are not the answer?

When they don't win 11 and 13 games in a season, respectively.

tulsaoilerfan
1/13/2008, 09:19 PM
When they don't win 11 and 13 games in a season, respectively.
Regular season wins are nice, but i still think that both team's offensive lines are just too big and i've thought that for a long time; you would have thought that with the edge in TOP the Giants would have worn down but that wasn't the case today

JohnnyMack
1/13/2008, 09:32 PM
As someone who really didn't give a **** who won or lost this game, I'll offer the opinion that the Dallas O Line looked out of shape in the second half and were just getting outhustled by the front 4 of the Giants.

tulsaoilerfan
1/13/2008, 09:43 PM
As someone who really didn't give a **** who won or lost this game, I'll offer the opinion that the Dallas O Line looked out of shape in the second half and were just getting outhustled by the front 4 of the Giants.
Just looked it up and Dallas had an edge in TOP of 36 minutes and change to 23 minutes and change; guess it wore out the Dallas line instead of the Giants D

Sco
1/13/2008, 09:49 PM
Dallas fans know how it feels to be a Sooner fan today. Awesome in the regular season, absolutely nothing in the post season.

OKC-SLC
1/13/2008, 09:49 PM
I'm glad the Giants won so that Favre gets to play them in GB. I didn't want to see him go down to Dallas for chance at Super Bowl.

I'd love for GB and NE to make it.

BoulderSooner79
1/13/2008, 09:52 PM

I actually don't think Crayton gave up on that play. He didn't let up - he did a little stutter step as if he was cutting the route off. I wonder if he thought it was a stop and go and Romo thought is was a straight flag route. Regardless of who was wrong, it messed up the timing.

trwxxa
1/13/2008, 10:18 PM
The curse of Wade strikes again. I hope Jerry does not catch on for a few more years. :D

Breadburner
1/13/2008, 10:28 PM
Fire Wade Phillips......

TUSooner
1/13/2008, 10:34 PM
I blame Venables.

Curly Bill
1/13/2008, 10:37 PM
I actually don't think Crayton gave up on that play. He didn't let up - he did a little stutter step as if he was cutting the route off. I wonder if he thought it was a stop and go and Romo thought is was a straight flag route. Regardless of who was wrong, it messed up the timing.

You don't stop and go that deep into the route, and he was near the endzone so there wasn't going to be much more "go" to it. Pure and simple, he did give up on the route.

Curly Bill
1/13/2008, 10:39 PM
I blame Venables.

Do you think there's a chance we could pin this one on him? I got more faith in Jerry firing him then I do in Bob doing it. ;)

tbl
1/13/2008, 10:58 PM
I don't know where to begin on that one. Defense... Penalties... Romo... Crayton... O Line... The only link in the chain that wasn't weak at all was Barber. That guy is a stud. A BEAST.

I just don't get it... 11 flippin years dude. Will the glory days ever return??? I can't believe that happened... however, I had a STRONG feeling before the game started and especially once it got going that we were going to lose. You could just kind of see it. For whatever reason, they just can't pull it together in big games.

Hopefully they can put it together and get a shot at redemption next year. Same thing for the Sooners. Yet again, I'm left high and dry for both of my teams. For whatever reason, this loss hurt much more than the OU loss, and I'm a more rabid Sooner fan than Cowboy fan. I guess its because I wasn't totally shocked by the OU loss considering it has been the norm in recent history, plus I was let down by that and hoping the Boys would redeem my sports world. Not to be...

I just hope the Pats don't win it all. I'm also pulling for the Packers. I really like Fav-ra. For him to go out with a ring would be awesome. Perfect scenario would be Norv going up against the Packers. I like Norm and its about time the guy pulled it together as a head Coach. I just hope he can get through the Pats. Not likely, but you never know.

As far as Troy being a homer, that is definitely not the case. I think the post was right that he goes out of his way at times to not be a homer. The only thing Troy is a homer for is Norv Turner. Any time Norv is brought up Troy defends him to the death. Looks like he might get a shot at redemption this year.

sanantoniosooner
1/14/2008, 09:08 AM
I disagree.

I don't like repeating this fact, but I want people to realize this isn't a homer talking. I don't like the Cowboys.

Crayton let up and then had to pick it back up. If he would have kept running it would have most likely been a TD.

tulsaoilerfan
1/14/2008, 10:35 AM
I disagree.

I don't like repeating this fact, but I want people to realize this isn't a homer talking. I don't like the Cowboys.

Crayton let up and then had to pick it back up. If he would have kept running it would have most likely been a TD.
As a Cowboys fan i have to agree with you SAS; Crayton should have run to the end zone and it's probably a TD; to blame Romo for that pass is wrong

sanantoniosooner
1/14/2008, 11:05 AM
To add to that it was Crayton that dropped that first down pass that hit him right in the hands.

tulsaoilerfan
1/14/2008, 01:19 PM
To add to that it was Crayton that dropped that first down pass that hit him right in the hands.
And that play would have been a huge gainer; he had 1 guy to beat and he might have scored; Crayton was not very good yesterday but he wasn't alone in that

Sco
1/14/2008, 01:21 PM
Dallas fans know how it feels to be a Sooner fan today. Awesome in the regular season, absolutely nothing in the post season.

I knew I would get negged for this post, but you know what? It doesn't change the fact that it's true. I hate it as much as you do, person-who-negged-me, but you can't deny it's true over the last 5 years.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/14/2008, 06:41 PM
Good thing they ve already signed Crayton to a new contract to be the number 2 receiver

r5TPsooner
1/14/2008, 09:32 PM
I disagree.

I agree. He pulled a Kelly on us.

tulsaoilerfan
1/14/2008, 10:05 PM
Good thing they ve already signed Crayton to a new contract to be the number 2 receiver
He's a number 3 at best, and i hope the Cowboys realize that;i have no problems with him staying in Dallas but he's not starter material and probably never will be

stoops the eternal pimp
1/14/2008, 10:07 PM
I don't believe he s a legit 2 guy but evidentally JJ does...signed him to number 2 money