PDA

View Full Version : Fiesta Bowl Details

North Dakota Sooner
12/30/2007, 04:51 PM
This is the first year I will be attending the Fiesta Bowl, and since I know a lot of you have been in years past I was wandering if anyone could give some info. Should we buy parking passes ahead of time, is the pre-game shindig worth going to, or do the fans just do their own tailgating? Any and all info would be greatly appreciated. Tips would be cool as well since we are driving up from Tucson the day of the game!!

clindsey14
12/30/2007, 04:57 PM
I was going to go but can't. I have 2 tickets on the 45 yard line. With a promise from a Sooner fan to not sell them to a WV fan, I will give them to the first person that e-mails me. You have to pay for the FedEx costs. Sec 444, row 18, seats 13 and 14. e-mail me at [email protected]

Boomer Sooner

OUsooner1
12/30/2007, 05:00 PM
Parking, don't know so much. We parked like a mile away last year for free I believe. It wasn't too bad except for the walk back after the loss. Got in and out fairly easily. There were a lot of things going on around the stadium and the complex near it last year so I'm sure you can find something interesting. Me being too young to drink or anything last year resorted in me just walking around taking in the sights and scenes. Overall it was just a great atmosphere. Now that I think about it, I think parking was $10. Well have fun and enjoy the game!

OUsooner1
12/30/2007, 05:02 PM
I was going to go but can't. I have 2 tickets on the 45 yard line. With a promise from a Sooner fan to not sell them to a WV fan, I will give them to the first person that e-mails me. You have to pay for the FedEx costs. Sec 444, row 18, seats 13 and 14. e-mail me at [email protected]

Boomer Sooner

Now that's a bad arse offer!!! Too bad I don't getta go back this year :(

Norman Sooner
12/30/2007, 05:46 PM

Boomer Sooner

We that sucks, we are leaving tomorrow morning, thus no time for the shipping...

proudsoonergal
12/30/2007, 07:42 PM
The Fiesta Bowl always has (their name) "College Football's Biggest Party." There is some stuff to do there, and you get a "plated meal" with the ticket, although the meal was just a hotdog and potato salad if I recall correctly. Since there aren't any other games on that day, I'm not sure if they'll have the big screen up again or not.

BTW, this may have been covered in another thread, so sorry if this is repetitious, but can someone tell me where the OU team hotel is this year? Are they staying at the Princess again?

TIA.

Horns 72
12/30/2007, 07:56 PM
Yep, Sooners are at the Fairmont Princess again. Parking at the game is 30.00 but you have to get your parking pass IN ADVANCE. Check the Fiesta bowl website for info about that.

New Year's Eve in Tempe...my kids (22- 26) go to the Block Party in Tempe, but you also need to check in advance for tickets (also on the Fiesta Bowl website)...I think they're 25.00 each. The kids all thought it was great fun and worth the trouble and cost, probably because I was paying for it. We got a driver/cab to take them from the Princess into Tempe.

It's a little cold out here, but was warmer today...low 60s at the highest. High 30s, low 40s at night.

The Maestro
12/30/2007, 10:28 PM
Get a parking pass in the orange lot if you can. Best spot next to the lawn. Don't go to that party thing. Lame. EIther tailgate yourself or walk around and offer beer to the Sooner fans who have great tailgates going.

melveaz
12/30/2007, 10:30 PM
What are the best clubs in the area?

OK2LA
12/30/2007, 11:36 PM
What are the best clubs in the area?

I hear that The Kiwanis are pretty cool

melveaz
12/30/2007, 11:42 PM
I hear that The Kiwanis are pretty cool
funny.

North Dakota Sooner
12/31/2007, 02:17 PM
Thanks for all the info, also I know its a collegiate game, but do they serve alcohol at the game?