PDA

View Full Version : AD vs. Broncos Thread

Sooner5030
12/30/2007, 04:33 PM
0 yds on 0 carries through the first drive.

I don't think he's hurt. Just didn't get the start.

sooner518
12/30/2007, 04:40 PM
now hes in.

announcers said it was a "coach's decision" that he didnt play on the first series. not sure what that means really but he got about 6 yards on his first carry

Garrett Mills, ex TU tight-end has made 2 big 3rd down catches for the Vikings so far

Sooner5030
12/30/2007, 05:04 PM
AD with a 30 yd kick off return. WTF?

The TU kid is having a good game. He was cut by the Pats.

meoveryouxinfinity
12/30/2007, 05:06 PM
Dallas down 10-0

Sooner5030
12/30/2007, 05:24 PM
The Vikes are not fun to watch. It's like they are trying to limit the number of touches AD gets. I don't get it. Maybe they are trying to save money by keeping him from reaching milestones in his contract.

bluedogok
12/30/2007, 05:52 PM
I think they are trying to protect him some after the knee injury by limiting touches. There may be some nagging injury left over from that they aren't talking about.

Their offense is brutal if AD or Taylor don't do anything.

JohnnyMack
12/30/2007, 06:50 PM
9 carries. Wow.

sooner518
12/30/2007, 07:00 PM
Tarvaris Jackson is keeping the Vikes in this game. He's had some really nice throws (and Troy Williamson had a horrendous drop when he was wide open and 10 yards from the nearest Bronco) and just ran a 32 yard QB draw. He actually looks like hes improving alot from earlier in the season.

EDIT wow great play by Jackson again for the TD and now a QB keeper for the 2 pt conversion. 19-19

Sooner5030
12/30/2007, 07:03 PM
At least if it goes to OT maybe Chili will go conservative and get AD the ball more.

King Crimson
12/30/2007, 07:05 PM
it's been kinda funny to watch all my Bronco fan friends jump ship this year.

sooner518
12/30/2007, 07:19 PM
and now Jackson loses it in OT with a fumble at the 12

Sooner5030
12/30/2007, 07:21 PM
That was ugly.

Watching the Vikes is alot like watching the Lions in the early 90s.

You keep your eyes glued to the TV waiting for the home run.

tulsaoilerfan
12/30/2007, 07:54 PM
That was ugly.

Watching the Vikes is alot like watching the Lions in the early 90s.

You keep your eyes glued to the TV waiting for the home run.

You actually keep your eyes glued to see how Jackson will **** it up this week; the guy is a horrible QB that should be a 3rd stringer at best

mxATVracer10
12/31/2007, 10:47 AM
Here's why AD didn't start....

Peterson was late for bus
Tardiness cost rookie running back a start, fine
BY SEAN JENSEN
Pioneer Press
Article Last Updated: 12/30/2007 11:23:30 PM CST

DENVER - Heading into Sunday's game against the Denver Broncos on a three-game funk, Vikings rookie running back Adrian Peterson certainly didn't start the way he wanted.

Peterson watched the opening series from the sideline because he was late to a team bus Sunday, an infraction that costs a starter a fine as well as the opening series.

"I understand," Peterson said of the decision by coach Brad Childress. "That's one thing about Coach. Everybody is looked at the same way, no matter if it's a star or not. If you're late for something, that's the consequence, no matter if it's your first offense or you did it several times."

Peterson said his tardiness was "disappointing," and he also lamented that it happened in the season finale.

"It really wasn't too big of a deal," Peterson said. "Just put that behind me and learn from it."

Veteran Chester Taylor opened the game, and he paced the offense with 33 yards on five carries, including a 24-yarder, and one catch for 10 yards. Mewelde Moore also carried the ball once for 5 yards. But Taylor fumbled as he dived for the end zone. Initially, the play was ruled a touchdown, but after a challenge by the Broncos, was ruled a fumble out of the end zone, giving the Broncos the ball at their 20-yard line.

"Actually, it didn't get me out of the flow at all," Peterson said of not starting. "Actually, I was more excited when I went in. Those guys did a great job driving the ball down the field. It was just a fluke call, which gave those guys the ball on the 20-yard line." Peterson headed onto the field on the next series, carrying the ball six times for 22 yards. But with the Vikings falling behind early, Peterson was off the field for long stretches in the second and third quarters, with the coaches preferring the veteran experience of Taylor as a pass protector.

Peterson managed just 144 rushing yards in his last four games, but he insisted afterward that he was not upset.

"It hasn't been frustrating," he said. "As a running back, you want to go out and get over 100 yards. But, when it boils down to it, whatever it takes to win. Whether that's rushing for 20 yards and passing for however many yards, that's what's most important."

The Broncos again loaded the lanes, allocating eight defenders to stopping the run. But Peterson said he and the other running backs were resourceful, a point bolstered by their 172 yards rushing.

For the season, Peterson finished with 238 carries for 1,341 yards, second to LaDainian Tomlinson for the rushing title. Tomlinson rushed for 1,474 yards, and Pittsburgh's Willie Parker finished with 1,316 yards.

"I'm happy," Peterson said. "But the ultimate goal was to clinch the playoffs and give ourselves a chance to see how things unfold in the playoffs. With that being said, it was an all right season for me."

Peterson said he is going to spend the offseason looking at film and studying eight- and nine-man fronts.

"I definitely can improve on that," he said.

He also said he would work on pass protection and look to improve the "little things."

"Once I sit down and look over everything and everything settles down, I'll be able to set my goals again," he said.

Peterson said he was excited about returning kickoffs for the first time since Oct. 28, against Philadelphia. He averaged 29.3 yards on three kickoffs.

"It's something I wanted to do. That's one thing, I always said, any way I can contribute, I'm willing to do it," he said. "It was something I definitely wanted to do, and we did all right."

Sean Jensen can be reached at [email protected].

http://www.twincities.com/vikingsnow/ci_7845864?nclick_check=1