PDA

View Full Version : Does Colorado have any chance of beating SEC Powerhouse 'Bama?

TUSooner
12/30/2007, 10:58 AM
Of course, "SEC Powerhouse" is redundant; Every SEC team is a powerhouse, I heard on ESPN.
But here's 2 middle-of-the pack teams from the Big XII and SEC. I'd sure love to see the Big XII strike a blow for the forces of truth and justice, especially after last night's aggie joke vs the elderly ball coach.

Anybody got a decent football-based analysis of this one?
...besides the links I can find by myself :rolleyes:

ArkanSooner
12/30/2007, 11:23 AM
I think the major keys to the game will be which version of 'Bama QB John Parker Wilson shows up. He has a load of talent in the passing game to work with: TE Nick Walker, and WRs Keith Brown, Matt Caddell, and especially D.J. Hall, who is probably the best WR in the SEC. If Wilson has a good game, like he did against Arkansas and Tennessee (coincidentally, Bama's biggest two wins), the Tide should stay in it; but if he is terrible and/or inconsistent, as he so often has been lately, I think the Buffs should be able to pull it out. A big part of it will be if the Colorado pass rush can get past big Andre Smith and the rest of the veteran Tide o-line.

Bama's Terry Grant is a decent running back, but he's not good enough to beat a team of Colorado's quality without help from the passing game. Hugh Charles is a much, much better threat for CU than anyone UA has in the backfield; however, Bama's receiving corps would run circles around CU's, which is why I think it comes down to whether or not Wilson can deliver.

Overall, this is a good, evenly matched game that could come down to a key turnover or two (read: a Wilson pick-six).

King Crimson
12/30/2007, 11:27 AM
for what it's worth, Colorado has put a lot of emphasis on winning this game. they worked out straight through finals and the holiday break. i live about 500 yards from the CU practice fields.

CU gets a lotta love around here for beating Nebraska (short memories, the Broncos stink), but reality is they lost 4 of their last 5 games. Bama limped home losing their last 4 as well. we'll see.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/30/2007, 11:29 AM
Our loss to CU is still humiliating, and inexplicable, to me . They aren't very good.

King Crimson
12/30/2007, 11:30 AM
Our loss to CU is still humiliating, and inexplicable, to me . They aren't very good.

living in Colorado doesn't make it any better, brother.

SoonerLB
12/30/2007, 11:31 AM
Colorado in a romp! Well, I hope so anyway. :D

King Crimson
12/30/2007, 11:33 AM
if CU can run the ball, they win. this is pretty much their track record. they are salty on D most of the time to keep them in it. if Cody Hawkins has to try and win with his arm and CU one-dimensional, Bama wins.

illinisooner
12/30/2007, 12:48 PM
Of course they don't have a chance. They're playing a team from the SEC! Alabama's speed will kill them and Colorado probably won't gain a yard. Mark May told me so.

Octavian
12/30/2007, 03:19 PM
It would be nice for the Big XII to win this....but it's odd because I like Bama more than Colorado.

The Buffs' defensive front 7 is no joke....Alabama wont just line up and cram it down CU's throat. Not sure they can protect Hawkins though.

Also, the CU fanbase travels poorly....Bama should have an edge.

SoonerBOI
12/30/2007, 03:20 PM
The outcome of the game all depends on which of the two Alabama teams show up: Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hyde -- Dr. Jekyll being the Alabama football team we saw compete against LSU, Arkansas, and Tennessee. Mr. Hyde being the Alabama football team we saw compete against Auburn, Louisiana-Monroe, Houston, and Mississippi State.

meoveryouxinfinity
12/30/2007, 03:32 PM
'Bama has looked absolutely horrible. There is NO chemistry on offense at all. The Oline has looked pretty bad as well. The last game I watched I saw JPW forced out of the pocket on just about every passing play. The kid also has no "inner clock". I don't think CU has looked loads better, but I do believe Cody Hawkins plays pretty well in big games. I also think the chemistry on offense and defense and coaching is leagues better than Alabama's.

BoulderSooner79
12/30/2007, 03:45 PM
I pick CU in a tight one - depends on which CU team shows up. The one that beat TT handily and gave KU fits or the one that folded at KSU. It would be a good big12 win given all the hype around Saban and the SEC in general.

85sooners
12/30/2007, 04:12 PM
go buffs

TUSooner
12/30/2007, 05:07 PM
I guess if the good CU shows up against the bad Bama, CU will win, and vice versa.
The questions is, which CU or Bama will show?
I think the good Bama will show up and win, unless the good CU also shows up.
Then I dunno. :O

Go, Buffs.

AzianSooner
12/30/2007, 05:13 PM
OU can beat EVERY team in SEC conf. CU had beaten OU this year so CU should be SEC champ.

Crucifax Autumn
12/30/2007, 06:11 PM
Well, they do seem to be on a winning streak against teams wearing Crimson, so there's gotta be a chance.

And I'll personally go kick 'em all in the teeth if they make the conference4 look bad. They better at least put up a valiant effort and be in position to win at the end.

Kray
12/30/2007, 07:10 PM
Well, anything can happen (http://www.rolltide.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=37427&SPID=3011&DB_OEM_ID=8000&ATCLID=1321227)