PDA

View Full Version : the Iceman dominated the ax murderer

usmc-sooner
12/30/2007, 01:49 AM
I was wrong again I thought Wandy would own Chuck,
I also thought Hughes would take out Rush.

KC//CRIMSON
12/30/2007, 01:01 PM
I wouldn't call it a domination, he didn't really take the lead over until the last two or three minutes of the fight. What I saw were two warriors past their prime who put it all out there. It could have gone either way imo, both of those guys were wasted in the last round. Now, both of them should just retire. They would both get pwned by the new 205lb depth chart.

For the record, I dislike the UFC announcers.

usmc-sooner
12/30/2007, 01:18 PM
I wouldn't call it a domination, he didn't really take the lead over until the last two or three minutes of the fight. What I saw were two warriors past their prime who put it all out there. It could have gone either way imo, both of those guys were wasted in the last round. Now, both of them should just retire. They would both get pwned by the new 205lb depth chart.

For the record, I dislike the UFC announcers.

I thought Chuck won each round pretty easy. He landed big shots in each round. Wandy has a heck of chin. Both looked in really good shape but they were definitely gassed in the last round. I scored a 3 round decision in favor of Chuck like the judges. I can see Chuck being past his prime at 38 but Cotoure was still fighting great at 44 but isn't Wandy just 32. This is a crazy game to try to pick. I haven't picked the winner of a big fight since Rampage vs Chuck. I still think Chuck is better (when he is in shape) than 90% of the fighters. I don't think he can beat Rampage but I'd give him a punchers chance against just about all others.
That Machida looked really good but I don't know how good that Sokaju (sp) was. I know he was hyped but he didn't look very good or maybe Machida was really that good. The Australian Soa looked horrible.
I still think a lot of Pride guys were juicing like Rampage had said. I think the ones that weren't are doing great in the UFC and the ones that were don't look the same and we have seen a huge dropoff in their performance.
And yes the UFC announcers are brutal. Joe Rogan jumps out of his seat for jabs and missed punches. I like Cotoure when he would announce fights. Anyways it was an enjoyable fight for me, it wasn't one of those deals where I'm thinking that's money and time I'll never get back. I was a little dissapointed that Hughes didn't put up a better fight but GSP is really starting to come into his own.

KC//CRIMSON
12/30/2007, 01:35 PM
I had it scored 10-9 Chuck/10-8 Silva/10-8 Chuck.

Machida looked good. He's kind of boring to watch but he's certainly got game. He would be a handful for anyone in the 205lb division. Soko on the other hand is really young and has only had like four or five fights total. The only problem in seeing how good he really was, is that his fights have never lasted past ninty seconds. He normally just knocks people out. Hence the hype. He looked lost on the ground, he needs to work on that to be a real contender, which eventually I think he will be.

Rush is just a terrific specimen. That guy is awesome. I don't know if Serra is that much better or Rush just had an off night when they fought. They will be seeing each other again soon.

usmc-sooner
12/30/2007, 01:38 PM
Oh btw did that black guy in the first fight Guillard (I think) not look stupid as hell after tapping out then getting up and acting tough like he wanted to fight. I know the other guy stood over him and taunted him but to me he looked like a straight *** for getting up and trying to act like he wanted to fight.

hey I'm not really familiar with a lot of the knew 205lbers give me a list of some the new ones that you think are really good if you got the time.