PDA

View Full Version : I got a "You guys are hillbillies" treatment from a WVU fan today!.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/29/2007, 10:36 PM
I was in the post office with my OU skull cap on this aft, and a clerk I know saw me, and she said to a WVU guy (another post office employee)standing there behind her, something like " there's an OK fan who thinks his team will win." Amazing to me, the guy says somthing like "the Okla. fans won't be able to find the field". Some punk standing at the counter starts snickering, after hearing his comment. I was shocked by such talk coming from a guy from a one-tooth state.

All I could think of was saying "as long as the team can find it, that's good enough". The guy then leaves, and goes into the back room. I would like to think my next comment would have been to point out that his was a brave comment coming from such a famous backwoods state as West Virginia.

Perhaps it's best he left, because I was mailing some packages, and I didn't want to have to worry about their delivery.

dominationStation
12/29/2007, 10:42 PM
yeah hearing that from them is like us saying New Yorkers live in the woods.

12/29/2007, 10:45 PM
:confused:
yeah hearing that:confused: from them is like us :confused: saying New Yorkers live in the woods.:confused:

Crucifax Autumn
12/30/2007, 01:39 AM
Did ya throw a couch at them?

SoonerGirl06
12/30/2007, 01:45 AM
I'd like to think they'll get theirs when we beat WVA.

insuranceman_22
12/30/2007, 01:54 AM
Well he was a band wagon fan anyway, if he'd received a degree from WV he'd have never passed the postal exam for a job......

Crucifax Autumn
12/30/2007, 02:05 AM
If he had a degree from WV he'd have been walking in circles muttering "definitely, definitely gonna win, can't lose, gonna burn a couch, definitely"

PLaw
12/30/2007, 09:18 AM
I was in the post office with my OU skull cap on this aft, and a clerk I know saw me, and she said to a WVU guy (another post office employee)standing there behind her, something like " there's an OK fan who thinks his team will win." Amazing to me, the guy says somthing like "the Okla. fans won't be able to find the field". Some punk standing at the counter starts snickering, after hearing his comment. I was shocked by such talk coming from a guy from a one-tooth state.

All I could think of was saying "as long as the team can find it, that's good enough". The guy then leaves, and goes into the back room. I would like to think my next comment would have been to point out that his was a brave comment coming from such a famous backwoods state as West Virginia.

Perhaps it's best he left, because I was mailing some packages, and I didn't want to have to worry about their delivery.

Yeah, that's when you just have to show them what class is all about in the vein of the Bud Wilkinson OU era. Wish 'em well and tell 'em we expect a good , clean, hard fought game. It's easy to get into a juvenile rant. Well done, RLC.

BOOMER

OU Adonis
12/30/2007, 10:11 AM
Well we are no Pittsburgh thats for sure.

StoopTroup
12/30/2007, 10:25 AM
Real hillbillys live in the hills...not indian reservations.

Charla
12/30/2007, 10:31 AM
Reckon he saw any of that BasketBall game last night? And who really cares that much about BB.

SoonerLB
12/30/2007, 11:36 AM
Someone from WV callin someone from OK a f'n hillbilly? That's rich! :D

NYC Poke
12/30/2007, 12:08 PM
What a WV girl says after sex:

"Git off me, Pa, yer crushin' ma smokes!"

Flagstaffsooner
12/30/2007, 12:51 PM
What do West Verginians use to chrome plate their bumpers?

Duct tape.

StanOU
12/30/2007, 01:02 PM
So a West Virginian plays the hillbilly card on a Sooner. Time to call on the services of The Greaseman:

http://the-greaseman-west-virginia-mp3-download.kohit.net/_/366736

12/30/2007, 01:11 PM
How on earth did you find that Greasman thing?

StanOU
12/30/2007, 01:15 PM
A Greaseman fan can always locate his work when needed.

The Greaseman sums up the West Virginians better than any of us could possible ever do.

Also check out "The Devil went down to Georgetown."///
How on earth did you find that Greasman thing?

reevie
12/30/2007, 01:48 PM
Mr. Kettle, I'd like you to meet Mr. Pot.

Jacie
12/30/2007, 03:10 PM
yeah hearing that from them is like us saying New Yorkers live in the woods.

I live in New York and ummm . . . I live in woods, not sure if they are THE woods but definitely some woods.

SoonerRedHead
12/30/2007, 06:38 PM

:eek: I would have been outta there fast....someone postal & WVA??

NYC Poke
12/30/2007, 06:47 PM
I live in New York and ummm . . . I live in woods, not sure if they are THE woods but definitely some woods.

There's a tree on my block. I'm not sure that counts.

12/31/2007, 12:32 AM
If you're a WVU fan, you should consider going to the Grand Canyon in the morning on Gameday. There will be plenty of time to raft down the river, and get bach to PHX in time for the game in the afternoon.

Crucifax Autumn
12/31/2007, 01:16 AM
I'll be waiting at Hoover Dam to pick 'em off!

KingDavid
12/31/2007, 03:14 AM
There's a tree on my block. I'm not sure that counts.

I like trees. Trees are really just great. Period.

What were we talking about anyway?

Crucifax Autumn
12/31/2007, 03:46 AM
Yet you type west virginia redneck into google image search and you get this:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l278/italianbeauty1977/FUNNY%20IMAGES/you-might-be-a-redneck.jpg

MikeInNorman
12/31/2007, 01:21 PM
Let's get our fan sterotypes straight:

WE are rednecks.
THEY are hillbillies.

While there are many Redneck stereotype fan bases (not to be confused with AGGY, a vastly different base involving sheep, Swine Barns, and Dead Animal Incinerators), it may be fairly said that West Virginia is the ne plus ultra of Hillbilly fan bases. Indeed, their only close competition as the Hillbilliest of All are the Mountaineers' close cousins (don't even THINK about the implications of mixing hillbilly cousins) in the Ozarks of Arkansas. Even then, the Clampetts of Fayetteville are weak sauce compared to the coonskin-cap wearing moonshiners of Morgantown.

Let's keep our sterotypes straight, please!

bluedogok
12/31/2007, 01:28 PM
Let's get our fan sterotypes straight:

WE are rednecks.
THEY are hillbillies.

While there are many Redneck stereotype fan bases (not to be confused with AGGY, a vastly different base involving sheep, Swine Barns, and Dead Animal Incinerators), it may be fairly said that West Virginia is the ne plus ultra of Hillbilly fan bases. Indeed, their only close competition as the Hillbilliest of All are the Mountaineers' close cousins (don't even THINK about the implications of mixing hillbilly cousins) in the Ozarks of Arkansas. Even then, the Clampetts of Fayetteville are weak sauce compared to the coonskin-cap wearing moonshiners of Morgantown.

Let's keep our sterotypes straight, please!
So you're saying that Bill Callahan was wrong :eek:

SoonerObsession
12/31/2007, 01:37 PM
What does it mean when a West Virginian baby is drooling out both corners of his mouth?

The trailer is level. ;)

12/31/2007, 01:41 PM
So you're saying that Bill Callahan was wrong :eek:About so many things!...( BTW, I don't remember Sooners being called hillbillies before Callenberger did it. Rednecks, yes, but not hillbillies)

tfoolry
12/31/2007, 01:44 PM
West Virginia Medical Terms"

Benign
What you be after you be eight.

Bacteria
Back door to cafeteria.

Barium
What you do with dead folks.

Coma
A punctuation mark.

Dilate
To live longer than your kids do.

Enema
Not a friend.

Fester
Quicker than someone else.

Fibula
A small lie.

Impotent
Distinguished, well known.

Morbid
A higher offer than I bid.

Nitrates
Cheaper than day rates.

Node
I knew it.

Outpatient
A person who has fainted.

Tablet
A small table to change babies on.

Terminal Illness
Getting sick at the train station.

Tumor
More than one.

Urine
Opposite of mine.

Varicose
Near by.

bluedogok
12/31/2007, 02:08 PM
About so many things!...( BTW, I don't remember Sooners being called hillbillies before Callenberger did it. Rednecks, yes, but not hillbillies)
The F'in Hillbillies is an affectionate term now.....

I don't remember the term "Sooner Nation" existing before Smellsofbourbon but there are many who still use it. I dislike the use of that more than the FH comment.

12/31/2007, 02:24 PM
The F'in Hillbillies is an affectionate term now.....

I don't remember the term "Sooner Nation" existing before Smellsofbourbon but there are many who still use it. I dislike the use of that more than the FH comment. It's caught on to take a team's mascot name, and attach the word "nation" to it. Husker Nation, Buckeye nation, Sooner nation, etc.
It doesn't bother me any. The FH tag doesn't bother me, either, but to be called backwards by a REAL hillbilly from West Virginia was a shock, indeed!