PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Wichita

Okla-homey
12/29/2007, 08:24 PM
...it be cold and icey up here wot!

Went to a joint last night w/baby bro while the wimmens did wimmen stuff.

Joint called Emerson Biggin's.

I forgot what a smokey bar smelled like. See kids, Tulsa don't got too many joints where folks can smoke.

Anyhoo, a couple of tables full of KU gals sat nearby. Got very crunk.

I am not impressed with KU gals.

StoopTroup
12/29/2007, 08:32 PM
I do miss hitting a few Bars every now and again but I don't miss having to shower myself with febreeze when I get Home.

Don't get me wrong...I still like to smoke a seegar with a nice scotch backer...but the crunk girls and their little ciggies...I don't miss them either.

bri
12/29/2007, 08:44 PM
You shoulda mocked the KU people for their chickensh*t AD buying Tulsa out of our game with them in Lawrence next season.

That's right, KU payed Tulsa to not play them 'cause now that they're "a BCS contender" they're skeered to play us. At home.

Weaksauce.

GottaHavePride
12/29/2007, 09:02 PM
You're in Wichita and didn't call me? For shame.

bri
12/29/2007, 09:04 PM
Dude, he's in Tulsa all the time and never calls me or haichbee. Kind of hurt our feelings for the first six months or so. :D

jk the sooner fan
12/29/2007, 09:36 PM
real men were in wichita last saturday

driving....

GottaHavePride
12/29/2007, 09:50 PM
True. Glad you made it back ok, JK!

jk the sooner fan
12/29/2007, 10:31 PM
True. Glad you made it back ok, JK!

i gotta say, i'm thinking "wichita" is indian for "poor visibility"

on the drive back we drove thru a blowing snow - nothing stuck to the ground so it wasnt too bad

here's a couple of pictures from last saturday

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f343/jksantee/100_0013.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f343/jksantee/100_0014.jpg

Hot Rod
12/29/2007, 10:47 PM
"Train don't run outta Wichita, unless your a hog or cattle. People train runs out of St-st-stubbeville."

OKLA21FAN
12/29/2007, 11:04 PM
if you see a 'lineman'

tell him thanks

Okla-homey
12/30/2007, 01:10 AM
Dude, he's in Tulsa all the time and never calls me or haichbee. Kind of hurt our feelings for the first six months or so. :D

Oh just STFU. We tried to get you to come to Norman this season for games and you had more important stuff to do.:rolleyes:

bri
12/30/2007, 01:27 AM
Heh, someone's a mean drunk. ;)

OU-HSV
12/30/2007, 01:28 AM
JK, your pics there kinda remind me of my drive to K.C. last year for the Big 12 Champ Game. That sucked!

KABOOKIE
12/30/2007, 01:32 AM
Shot down by some crunk KU girls in Wichita. That does suck!

Okla-homey
12/30/2007, 09:34 AM
Shot down by some crunk KU girls in Wichita. That does suck!

Nay, nay. No flyby's were executed. These were those "earthy," birkenstocks and roy orbison eyeglasses wearing, variety of Lawrence chick. Most definitely not attractive, even if we were'nt literally old enough to be their fathers.

OKC-SLC
12/30/2007, 10:10 AM
Homey, what were y'all in Wichita for? I didn't catch that.

Okla-homey
12/30/2007, 01:01 PM
Homey, what were y'all in Wichita for? I didn't catch that.

My baby bro and his family live in Wichita. He moved here after graduating from ECU b/c we were living here while I flew B-1's at McConnell and Wichita seemed to have greater opportunities than OKC or Tulsa back in the mid-to late eighties. Early on, he got on at BMAC.

He eventually met a Wichita girl, married and settled down. He left BMAC after he got married. For about the last 15 years or so, he has been a partner in a business selling, leasing and servicing grain and cattle semi trailers. They do quite well with it.

We're visiting until Monday.

KC//CRIMSON
12/30/2007, 01:08 PM

I forgot what a smokey bar smelled like. See kids, Tulsa don't got too many joints where folks can smoke.

I need to send you a "Girls of KU" calendar. You'd be beating your vienna sausage all the way back to Memorial.:D

bri
12/30/2007, 01:10 PM
Well jeez, I would certainly hope that a Division I public univeristy can manage to find 12 good-looking girls on campus. :D

Rhino
12/30/2007, 02:05 PM
Joint called Emerson Biggin's. There's one in OKC too...if it's still open anyway. It is/was like a really bad imitation of the Varsity.

Cam
12/30/2007, 03:11 PM
There's one in OKC too...if it's still open anyway. It is/was like a really bad imitation of the Varsity.
Yep, it's still open.

If you think it's cold in Wichita this weekend, you should've been there last week. Kids wanted to play in the snow every day, froze my *** off.

SoonerGirl06
12/30/2007, 03:29 PM
JK, your pics there kinda remind me of my drive to K.C. last year for the Big 12 Champ Game. That sucked!

You're not kidding! I-35 North to OKC was just gawd awful. The roads from OKC to KC weren't too bad, but man was it COLD!!!!!

Okla-homey
12/30/2007, 05:55 PM
So, I'm chatting with my s-i-l's sister's husband, a Wichita cop, today at lunch. According to him, there are great numbers of messicans who have recently arrived in their fair community sporting Oklahoma license tags.

Methinks that's HB 1804 at work.

The Kansas legislature hasn't yet tried a copycat bill, but pressure is mounting based on the Oklahoma messican diaspara.

Petro-Sooner
12/30/2007, 06:20 PM
Tell me more of the HB 1804.

KC//CRIMSON
12/30/2007, 07:51 PM
So, I'm chatting with my s-i-l's sister's husband, a Wichita cop, today at lunch. According to him, there are great numbers of messicans who have recently arrived in their fair community sporting Oklahoma license tags.

Methinks that's HB 1804 at work.

The Kansas legislature hasn't yet tried a copycat bill, but pressure is mounting based on the Oklahoma messican diaspara.

I don't think you're going to notice much of a difference in the number of mexicans you see in Tulsa because of HB1804. My dad who is retired works with several mexicans (just under a couple hundred) who aren't blinking an eye at this bill. These people have family, houses, and businesses and it's going to take a lot more than HB1804 to make them leave or see a mass exodus out of Oklahoma.

From my understanding, all this bill really means is that it's easier to get deported if you fail to prove citizenship. Which means you have to pretty much get pulled over for a traffic violation, committ a crime, etc..etc... The Po Po and the I.N.S aren't going around checking ID's or anything.

And all they (mexicans) have to produce is a valid SSN# and drivers license (legit or not) and they're on there way. And for most all employers in town, that's all you need as well to gain employment.

bri
12/30/2007, 08:46 PM
Yeah, but you're discounting the real driving force behind public policy: Appearances. As long as people think something is working, then it works. Real results are secondary to that warm feeling the populace gets when they think the system is working.

Okla-homey
12/31/2007, 09:07 AM
I don't think you're going to notice much of a difference in the number of mexicans you see in Tulsa because of HB1804. My dad who is retired works with several mexicans (just under a couple hundred) who aren't blinking an eye at this bill. These people have family, houses, and businesses and it's going to take a lot more than HB1804 to make them leave or see a mass exodus out of Oklahoma.

From my understanding, all this bill really means is that it's easier to get deported if you fail to prove citizenship. Which means you have to pretty much get pulled over for a traffic violation, committ a crime, etc..etc... The Po Po and the I.N.S aren't going around checking ID's or anything.

And all they (mexicans) have to produce is a valid SSN# and drivers license (legit or not) and they're on there way. And for most all employers in town, that's all you need as well to gain employment.

According to the Wichita cop i spoke with, here's how it works here in Wichita. Say they stop a messican motorist or he is involved in an accident. he's drunk. They see he lacks a valid DL, insurance and is very probably here illegally. They take him downtown and charge him with DUI and driving w/out a license and/or insurance. After he sobers up, he gets released. They don't report it to ICE b/c ICE has informed the WPD if it doesn't involve a violent crime, or grand theft, they don't have the resources to bother.

Meanwhile, said messican is back on the street, driving w/o a license/insurance and very probably while drinking the cerveza. He has no intention of paying any fines and wil not show up for any hearings, banking on the fact he won't get stopped again.

That makes KS more attractive than OK to your garden variety illegal because now, under HB 1804, local OK cops are empowered to investigate his immigration status and if he's illegal, hold the guy and process him for deportation. Thus, the bug-out for Kansas and other adjoining states that lack similar state laws.

Okla-homey
12/31/2007, 09:18 AM
Tell me more of the HB 1804.

SECTION 5. NEW LAW A new section of law to be codified in the Oklahoma Statutes as Section 171.2 of Title 22, unless there is created a duplication in numbering, reads as follows:

A. When a person charged with a felony or with driving under the influence pursuant to Section 11-902 of Title 47 of the Oklahoma Statutes is confined, for any period, in the jail of the county, any municipality or a jail operated by a regional jail authority, a reasonable effort shall be made to determine the citizenship status of the person so confined.

B. If the prisoner is a foreign national, the keeper of the jail or other officer shall make a reasonable effort to verify that the prisoner has been lawfully admitted to the United States and, if lawfully admitted, that such lawful status has not expired. If verification of lawful status cannot be made from documents in the possession of the prisoner, verification shall be made within forty-eight (48) hours through a query to the Law Enforcement Support Center of the United States Department of Homeland Security or other office or agency designated for that purpose by the United States Department of Homeland Security. If the lawful immigration status of the prisoner cannot be verified, the keeper of the jail or other officer shall notify the United States Department of Homeland Security.

C. For the purpose of determining the grant of or issuance of bond, it shall be a rebuttable presumption that a person whose citizenship status has been verified pursuant to subsection B of this section to be a foreign national who has not been lawfully admitted to the United States is at risk of flight. [thus, no bail. Held for pick-up by the federales and subsequent deportation.]

OKLA21FAN
12/31/2007, 09:22 AM
Homey?

Did you get a bad Burrito or sumtim once? :pop:

All joking aside, there are many states 'watching' to see the effects of HB1804. I just hope it works out for all.

Okla-homey
12/31/2007, 09:52 AM
Homey?

Did you get a bad Burrito or sumtim once? :pop:

All joking aside, there are many states 'watching' to see the effects of HB1804. I just hope it works out for all.

Nope. In fact, I'm on record as believing we need these people. They do work people here won't do. Further, I have no problem with a guy trying to provide for his family any way he can that doesn't involve hurting other people in the process.

The part I do NOT like is when a minority of the folks who come up here to work choose to act like a$$-clowns and drink and drive, commit crimes and/or get in wrecks while lacking insurance. Those guys need to be locked up to do their time, then, put on a bus and hauled back across the border muey pronto.

OKLA21FAN
12/31/2007, 09:53 AM
Nope. In fact, I'm on record as believing we need these people. They do work people here won't do. Further, I have no problem with a guy trying to provide for his family any way he can that doesn't involve hurting other people in the process.

The part I do NOT like is when a minority of the folks who come up here to work choose to act like a$$-clowns and drink and drive, commit crimes and/or get in wrecks while lacking insurance. Those guys need to be locked up to do their time, then, put on a bus and hauled back across the border muey pronto.

now that makes much sense (you usually do anyway)

carry on!

Cam
12/31/2007, 12:42 PM
If you have a couple of hours to kill, head West on Hwy 54 and take a look at Greensburg. We drove thru it last week and it sent goose bumps up both of our arms. For those that don't remember, Greensburg was leveled by a Tornado last Spring. It was very strange to look down streets that had huge trees, and houses everywhere and see nothing but the occasional tree trunk with no leaves or bark. The High School is nothing more than a few trailers strung together and the regional hospital is housed in tents. But the do still have millions of dollars worth of John Deere equipment for sale...

sooner n houston
12/31/2007, 12:57 PM
According to my son who lives in Tulsa, and is friends with some construction people, the messicans is leaving in droves. Seems his contractor buddies are suddenly finding themselves in high demand and wages are on the upswing! Which is what will happen in almost every non-skilled job if this continues.

This is the biggest lie that imigration supporters tell. It is not that American workers won't do the low pay jobs, they won't do them for the low wages the illegals will.

KC//CRIMSON
12/31/2007, 01:49 PM
According to the Wichita cop i spoke with, here's how it works here in Wichita. Say they stop a messican motorist or he is involved in an accident. he's drunk. They see he lacks a valid DL, insurance and is very probably here illegally. They take him downtown and charge him with DUI and driving w/out a license and/or insurance. After he sobers up, he gets released. They don't report it to ICE b/c ICE has informed the WPD if it doesn't involve a violent crime, or grand theft, they don't have the resources to bother.

Meanwhile, said messican is back on the street, driving w/o a license/insurance and very probably while drinking the cerveza. He has no intention of paying any fines and wil not show up for any hearings, banking on the fact he won't get stopped again.

That makes KS more attractive than OK to your garden variety illegal because now, under HB 1804, local OK cops are empowered to investigate his immigration status and if he's illegal, hold the guy and process him for deportation. Thus, the bug-out for Kansas and other adjoining states that lack similar state laws.

This ties into what I just explained. The bill isn't tough on illegals, it's tough on corrupt illegals. Or, it's only tough on corrupt illegals who don't have false documentation.;)

PrideTrombone
12/31/2007, 02:08 PM
Well jeez, I would certainly hope that a Division I public univeristy can manage to find 12 good-looking girls on campus. :D

Ask hurricane'bone about our experience with the Pittsburgh fans.

Okla-homey
12/31/2007, 07:10 PM
According to my son who lives in Tulsa, and is friends with some construction people, the messicans is leaving in droves. Seems his contractor buddies are suddenly finding themselves in high demand and wages are on the upswing! Which is what will happen in almost every non-skilled job if this continues.

This is the biggest lie that imigration supporters tell. It is not that American workers won't do the low pay jobs, they won't do them for the low wages the illegals will.

I feel ya, but lookey here. John McCain has an offer on the table to pay any American citizen $10,000 cash (in addition to the pay) if he/she would work an entire lettuce season in the Arizona lettuce fields. That place is the source of most of North America's iceberg lettuce. The stuff has to be picked and processed by hand. It's back breaking labor, and mind-numbingly boring. In 105 degree heat.

To date, no one has taken him up on it.

As far as the building trades go, the question is not whether AMCITS will fill the void. The question is, are we as a people willing to pay the difference in price for the finished product?

Also, please identify an US natives, who have stone mason skillz who are also young enough to still get out there and build the ornamental walls and stone facings on high end residential properties.