PDA

View Full Version : WV to change tactics?

Little Al
12/29/2007, 05:39 PM
The Mountaineers may try to surprise the Sooners by throwing the ball more under interim coach Bill Stewart, who replaced Rodriguez for the bowl game.

"Coach Stewart told the receivers that we are going to open up the passing game in this bowl game," wide receiver Darius Reynaud said. "So be prepared."

Stewart isn't giving away any secrets.

"We have a few bullets in our gun," Stewart said. "I know this, the holsters will be empty when we leave the field."
-Andrew Bagnato, AP Sports

Our Defensive Backfield has been depleted.

Paperclip
12/29/2007, 05:49 PM
Pat White isn't known for his accuracy.

auto
12/29/2007, 06:06 PM
Sweet, I would like to see WHite throw.

SoonerShark
12/29/2007, 11:14 PM
With us starting defensive tackles in our secondary now since we lost so many defensive backs, I would do the same thing if I were WVU's coaches.

Youngsooner
12/29/2007, 11:35 PM
Sweet, I would like to see WHite throw.

To curtis lofton?

devOUt
12/29/2007, 11:37 PM
Bring it!

tommieharris91
12/30/2007, 12:18 AM
I hope this happens. Pat White throws like Garo Upremian.

BoulderSooner79
12/30/2007, 12:35 AM
It's a smart move for WVU to spread rumors they are going to pass more; it would be dumb to actually do it. White is pretty decent passer for a running QB, but their passing success it based on the element of surprise from what I've seen. If they throw 20 times or more, they are probably in trouble.

OKmanUbet
12/30/2007, 12:40 AM
WVU opening up there passing game is the equivalent of OU opening up its option game! They have had a whole month to prepare, I would hope they would give the Sooners a little bit of a different look and Vice-Versa!

Crucifax Autumn
12/30/2007, 01:37 AM
I'll love watching them go pass happy and run up their interception totals. I'm sure our defense would love to show that even the backups can run one back for a score.

insuranceman_22
12/30/2007, 01:51 AM
I have a sneaky suspicion that this is partly true. I see the game going down like this:
WV will probably score in the first quarter, perhaps before we do, but the Sooner D will lock down. As the margin (lead for OU) continues to grow, WV will be forced to go to the air in the 2nd half. I'm guessing 38-17 Sooners as the final score. Seriously though, they'll try some play action, they've done it all year, but running is there bread-&-butter.

stoopified
12/30/2007, 02:41 PM
Is it game time yet?

rubyspirit
12/30/2007, 02:45 PM
WV's game plan doesn't matter. The Sooners are there to win it. I believe they will bring the same heart to the Fiesta Bowl, that they bought to the Big 12 championship game. They had a chip because Mizzou was talking crap, and now they are ****ed because they SHOULD be in the NC game.

Prepare for another slaughter.

illinisooner
12/30/2007, 03:00 PM
This reminds me of when Miami was talking about their "secret offense" the week before we destroyed them in Norman. They threw deep on the first play, nearly got picked, and that was pretty much the only big play they tried all day. I doubt WVU throws as much as they say they will, alot of their passes are screens or whatever anyway.