PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Jones + New Stadium + Cotton Bowl = BCS?

Lott's Bandana
12/29/2007, 02:51 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls07/news/story?id=3172508

We all saw this coming....

In!

BASSooner
12/29/2007, 02:51 PM
:confused: :confused:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls07/news/story?id=3172508

yermom
12/29/2007, 03:09 PM
merge ;)

i'd imagine this would then be the Big 12's tie-in game?

attendance would generally be pretty good... especially if a South team won

yur-out
12/29/2007, 03:11 PM
If the Cotton Bowl moves to Jerry's world (and Jerry's world is as nice as it's virtual images) this would be a great addition to the BCS.

GrapevineSooner
12/29/2007, 03:23 PM
Uhh, they've already announced that when JerryWorld opens, they're moving the game to Arlington.

Frozen Sooner
12/29/2007, 03:26 PM
Heavens to Mergeatroid!

Lott's Bandana
12/29/2007, 03:40 PM
Uhh, they've already announced that when JerryWorld opens, they're moving the game to Arlington.

True dat...but this is ze beginning of Jerry's play to be relevant again...in teh world of bowl traditions and importance. Seems teh wheels will get spinnin as early as '08, yet ze BCS is under a mandate to exist as is until '11.

The new BigXII Commish should get working on this to have JWorld become a regular CCG and BCS venue...I second those that have pointed out ze home game advantage we currently don't have like other conferences doo.

JohnnyMack
12/29/2007, 04:08 PM
I think I called this about a year ago. Somebody do a search.

sooneron
12/29/2007, 04:10 PM
I think I called this about a year ago. Somebody do a search.
no

soonermeteor
12/29/2007, 04:40 PM
Weather wreaks havoc on Texas in January? :rolleyes:

Guess teams are too sissy to settle for lower 60's. :texan:

Rocker
12/29/2007, 04:47 PM
Its already in the works

Rocker
12/29/2007, 04:50 PM
The thing I like the most about it is if we in the NC game it will be a home game for us. Like it is for lsu in the sugar, sc in the rose and miami in the orange.

auto
12/29/2007, 05:38 PM
I just don't get what the big deal is about indoor stadiums, it's football for the love of God. Play it outside, who cares if it's cold? People need to get rid of their VGG's.

85sooners
12/29/2007, 06:13 PM
i love it!!

bluedogok
12/29/2007, 07:20 PM

I remember a few icy Cotton Bowl games over the years. I would imagine if the weather is nice then the roof would be open. For fans the weather is marginal, for the bowl and the money people weather is very important in the same way that it is for the Superbowl. The high dollar suits don't like it too hot or cold and that is all that really matters anymore, the average fan doesn't figure into it anymore.

AlbqSooner
12/29/2007, 07:49 PM
If Misery had won the Big XII Championship, would we be reading this quote?:

Missouri athletic director Mike Alden believes that once the Cotton Bowl moves to the Cowboys new stadium, it "would be an ideal addition" to the BCS bowl lineup.

"People in this area and this state believe in that," Alden told The Star.

bri
12/29/2007, 10:25 PM
I remember a few icy Cotton Bowl games over the years. I would imagine if the weather is nice then the roof would be open. For fans the weather is marginal, for the bowl and the money people weather is very important in the same way that it is for the Superbowl. The high dollar suits don't like it too hot or cold and that is all that really matters anymore, the average fan doesn't figure into it anymore.

Exactly.

Remember the most recent Super Bowl, and how it had the audacity to rain on the very nice people who bought $5,000 tickets and all you heard for the next month was how they should never have the Super Bowl in an outdoor/open-air stadium ever again because it might rain? Gah.

r5TPsooner
12/30/2007, 12:00 AM
If the Cotton Bowl goes into the BCS, then the Rose Bowl can kiss my fat *** and have there pathetic Big/Pac Ten matchup.

I want a mini playoff damnit it and the Rose Bowl is a main hurdle in getting one.

bri
12/30/2007, 12:15 AM
I'm a traditionalist; I want a system that includes the Rose and the Cotton, and involves the Big Televen and Pac-10.

Sadly, the Rose Bowl is even MORE of a traditionalist, so f*ck 'em. I bet that whole "solidarity" thing that the B10 commish has with the Rose Bowl's archaiac outlook would fade away real quick once he realized it was keeping his teams from playing for the title.

yermom
12/30/2007, 12:17 AM

the 2002 Cotton Bowl was f'in cold!

r5TPsooner
12/30/2007, 12:21 AM
I'm a traditionalist; I want a system that includes the Rose and the Cotton, and involves the Big Televen and Pac-10.

Sadly, the Rose Bowl is even MORE of a traditionalist, so f*ck 'em. I bet that whole "solidarity" thing that the B10 commish has with the Rose Bowl's archaiac outlook would fade away real quick once he realized it was keeping his teams from playing for the title.

I agree with you about the Rose Bowl but as a fan, I'm tired of them ****ing everything up for the rest of us. I could understand if they were getting two awesome teams from two awesome conferences, but neither the Pac or Big Ten is a great conference anymore, so why not get the two best teams that you can get for your bowl from ANY conference?

They just seem very obtuse and arrogant about the whole situation IMO.

r5TPsooner
12/30/2007, 12:22 AM
the 2002 Cotton Bowl was f'in cold!

I got chills just watching from my warm and cozy living room. Plus the game was kind of a snoozer too with little offense.

SoonerGirl06
12/30/2007, 12:26 AM
I hate supporting anything that has to do with Jerry Jones.

The fact that he's going to get a BCS game in his stadium makes me want to puke.

The fact that OU will be playing a BCS game in his stadium makes me want to seriously vomit.

r5TPsooner
12/30/2007, 12:30 AM
I hate supporting anything that has to do with Jerry Jones.

The fact that he's going to get a BCS game in his stadium makes me want to puke.

The fact that OU will be playing a BCS game in his stadium makes me want to seriously vomit.

Yeah, but think of the home field advantage for OU if they ever make it to the BCS title game in Dallas.

tommieharris91
12/30/2007, 12:30 AM
Will OU/texass be moved to JerryWorld? I think all the Big XII want to use JerryWorld for games.

bri
12/30/2007, 12:35 AM
I agree with you about the Rose Bowl but as a fan, I'm tired of them ****ing everything up for the rest of us. I could understand if they were getting two awesome teams from two awesome conferences, but neither the Pac or Big Ten is a great conference anymore, so why not get the two best teams that you can get for your bowl from ANY conference?

They just seem very obtuse and arrogant about the whole situation IMO.

You know, as long as people talk about conferences, good or bad, the whole misconception of conference strength will continue. I don't give two sh*ts about conferences, even ours. I care about OU; everyone else can go suck it. :D

SoonerGirl06
12/30/2007, 12:41 AM
Yeah, but think of the home field advantage for OU if they ever make it to the BCS title game in Dallas.

We're OU... we have plenty of other advantages.

Seriously. I despise Jerry Jones. And the thought of OU playing in his stadium really bothers me.

I'm going to have a hard time paying for a ticket to see OU play there knowing that JJ is going to gain some profit off of it.

GrapevineSooner
12/30/2007, 01:03 AM
We're OU... we have plenty of other advantages.

Seriously. I despise Jerry Jones. And the thought of OU playing in his stadium really bothers me.

I'm going to have a hard time paying for a ticket to see OU play there knowing that JJ is going to gain some profit off of it.

Maybe it's because I've been a lifelong Cowboys fan (being from Dallas and all)...

But this is nothing more than a shrewd business move. And Jerry's going to make his millions whether you contribute to that bottom line or not. ;)

SoonerGirl06
12/30/2007, 01:41 AM
Maybe it's because I've been a lifelong Cowboys fan (being from Dallas and all)...

But this is nothing more than a shrewd business move. And Jerry's going to make his millions whether you contribute to that bottom line or not. ;)

Oh, I have no doubt that JJ will continue to make his millions. I'll just be happier knowing that I'm not making a contribution to his bottom line.

FWIW I used to be a HUGE Cowboys fan. JJ changed that for me. I just don't like him for my own personal reasons, so I can't support something that he's a part of.

SoonerGirl06
12/30/2007, 01:42 AM
Correction: I have a difficult time supporting something that he's a part of. A very difficult time.

GrapevineSooner
12/30/2007, 01:48 AM
Fair enough. :)

TUSooner
12/30/2007, 11:24 AM
2011 - just in time for the first D-1A playoffs!

:rolleyes:

KingDavid
12/30/2007, 11:49 AM
"Decisions will be made probably in 2008," Gadd told the paper, "about the next generation of the BCS."

1) The Cotton Bowl will be included in the BCS bowls.
2) There will be at least a "plus one" mini-playoff.