PDA

View Full Version : The After Christmas Grinch

StoopTroup
12/29/2007, 10:56 AM
...has struck at my house...:D

I woke up to my Son asking me where the DS is...

I told him "I don't know"...

His Sister is still asleep and had her BF sleep over last night, so I'm pretty sure they might know where it is...

Anyway...after being asked 7-8 more times I turned to him and said...listen..."Santa and your parents spent hundreds of dollars on toys, games and clothes for Christmas and you and your Sister have either broken or lost nearly everyone of them in the last few days. Here is your Gameboy Advance...go play it."

He says "It needs charging".

I say "Go find the Charger!"

He says "I don't know where it is".

I say "That's exactly why I'm a little upset with you two...I think I might write Santa a letter and tell him not to bother bringing anything but socks and underwear next year".

:mad: :O :(

OK...I'm breathing the bad air out now and maybe a cup of coffee will help settle my nerves. The Wifey had a flight this morning in the Helicopter and left me with the sleep over I didn't approve of....:P :rolleyes:

Not the best way to wake up for the day huh?

:pop:

OUDoc
12/29/2007, 10:59 AM
Sounds like my kids.
This is how I know I've gotten old, this spoiled adult is now convinced my kids are more spoiled than I was.

OCUDad
12/29/2007, 11:01 AM
Nut up, ST. It's gonna get worse before it gets better. Better, as in "when they finally leave home."

StoopTroup
12/29/2007, 11:20 AM
The girl just woke up. I showed her this thread and she is helping her brother now. :D

I have great Kids.

The Coffee seems to help too. :D

OzarkSooner
12/29/2007, 11:29 AM
You could always go all Buford Pusser...see what happens.

It would require an ax handle of course. ;)

StoopTroup
12/29/2007, 11:30 AM
It was getting close until the coffee and the cinnabon swirl bread slathered with butter hit my stomach.

BTW...have any of you had the pleasure of stepping on one of those Magnetix steel balls?

It's a wonderful experience. :D

GottaHavePride
12/29/2007, 11:32 AM
Wait, her boyfriend slept over? How old is she? Nevermind. I do NOT want involved. Forget I asked.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/29/2007, 11:35 AM
I started being cranky on Christmas Eve but am finally getting better. My kids have fought with each other everyday over each other's gifts. Presently they are both climbing me like i m a jungle gym and yelling "My daddy!"....

Frozen Sooner
12/29/2007, 11:37 AM
His Sister is still asleep and had her BF sleep over last night, so I'm pretty sure they might know where it is...

Wow, you're much cooler than the dads of the girls I used to date when I was a kid.

But I'm a bit concerned that they were playing with the DS...

StoopTroup
12/29/2007, 11:41 AM
Easy you dolts. ;)

She's 9 and her Best Friend is a Schoolmate and is a GIRL.

OK...that's my disclaimer...

OUDoc
12/29/2007, 11:45 AM
I thought "BF" was "boyfriend".

GottaHavePride
12/29/2007, 11:47 AM
Ditto on that here.

StoopTroup
12/29/2007, 11:50 AM
OK...no more acrostics.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
12/29/2007, 11:52 AM
I'm trying to figure out DS.

StoopTroup
12/29/2007, 11:53 AM
The Wife just walked in with an Apple Fritter and a large Cappucino for me. :D

Life is good....:D

All these coffee products are gonna either get me going or send me into some sort of jittering awake coma...

mdklatt
12/29/2007, 11:56 AM
She's 9 and her Best Friend is a Schoolmate and is a GIRL.

OK...that's my disclaimer...

You meant BFF, then. BF is something else altogether. :eek:

StoopTroup
12/29/2007, 12:00 PM
If I said DS Lite...

Would that help? :D

crawfish
12/29/2007, 12:02 PM
If I had a dime for every time my kids lost their DS charger...especially, as I'm ordering them out to the car...well, I'd have a lot of dimes. :)

FirstandGoal
12/29/2007, 12:17 PM
Still have no clue what a DS is, but I can totally feel your pain on that.

I've had this exact complaint about my kids and knew I needed a new strategy so my solution this year was to give them 1 special expensive gift and then about 5-7 cheap gifts (in the $20) range. With the fewer gifts, they know that they better take care of what they got, cause they didn't get so much.

For example, each kid got an ipod, and then they got inexpensive, yet cool stuff like Fiesta Bowl t-shirts, pajamas, books, and scarves, gloves, etc....

I didn't break my budget and hopefully they have learned the value of what they get a bit better.

PhxSooner
12/29/2007, 12:27 PM
My daughter had, had to have a dinosaur for Christmas. Santa brings one, and one leg disappears within the first few hours. Crisis averted when we found the leg on Thursday, but Santa is considering cutting back on some stuff next year. I've already decided to purge the toy boxes, but I'm waiting until I calm down so I don't throw out too much stuff.

OCUDad
12/29/2007, 12:32 PM
I didn't break my budget and hopefully they have learned the value of what they get a bit better.OK, I'm calling BS on this one. You didn't spend as much on the kids because you blew the budget on vibrators. Admit it. :P

FirstandGoal
One great holiday thing to do with the kids (and they can participate at almost any age) is to do a pre-holiday purge of the toybox by boxing up things that are in relatively good condition and giving them to goodwill, or even having a garage sale or something before the big day. Not only does this help to de-crapify your house, but it lets the kids know that there are other kids out there who don't have as awesome parents as they have to put up with them all year, and still spend a lot of money buying them stuff . :D

StoopTroup
Good idea PHX...

FirstandGoal
12/29/2007, 12:33 PM
OK, I'm calling BS on this one. You didn't spend as much on the kids because you blew the budget on vibrators. Admit it. :P

:D :D :D

:O

PhxSooner
12/29/2007, 12:39 PM
One great holiday thing to do with the kids (and they can participate at almost any age) is to do a pre-holiday purge of the toybox by boxing up things that are in relatively good condition and giving them to goodwill, or even having a garage sale or something before the big day. Not only does this help to de-crapify your house, but it lets the kids know that there are other kids out there who don't have as awesome parents as they have to put up with them all year, and still spend a lot of money buying them stuff . :D
We are very fortunate to live in a nice part of town, but I think it sometimes shelters them a little too much. My kids really need to understand that there are children out here who would love to have anything for Christmas, much less a Wii.:rolleyes: When our youngest (she's 4) is a little older, we will be trecking down to one of the shelters to offer some help and some perspective to our kids. There's nothing wrong with receiving nice gifts, but they need to be appreciative of what they have.

Petro-Sooner
12/29/2007, 01:32 PM
My daughter had, had to have a dinosaur for Christmas. Santa brings one, and one leg disappears within the first few hours. Crisis averted when we found the leg on Thursday, but Santa is considering cutting back on some stuff next year. I've already decided to purge the toy boxes, but I'm waiting until I calm down so I don't throw out too much stuff.

I'm calling BS. The dinosaurs went extinct 65 million years ago. I'm sorry but what you bought is an imposter.

Viking Kitten
12/29/2007, 01:46 PM
It appears what she in fact purchased was an amputee in a dinosaur suit. That has happened to me before, amputees are crafty. When they start hitting on mom, raiding the fridge, saying, "Growwl! I'm a dinosaur with one leg! Somebody bring me a beer!"... Well, that's how you know you've been fooled. Again.

OUDoc
12/29/2007, 01:48 PM
It appears what she in fact purchased was an amputee in a dinosaur suit. That has happened to me before, amputees are crafty. When they start hitting on mom, raiding the fridge, saying, "Growwl! I'm a dinosaur with one leg! Somebody bring me a beer!"... Well, that's how you know you've been fooled. Again.
If you see one with 3 legs, well, I'll try not to growl at you as much. :)

Viking Kitten
12/29/2007, 01:51 PM
Stay out of my beer and we'll be fine.

ChickSoonerFan
12/29/2007, 03:12 PM

Now this is the kind of post I would expect to see in the wee hours of the morning after the poster has been drinking.

Seeing this mid-day on a Saturday...now THAT is some funny ****.

:)

PhxSooner
12/29/2007, 03:27 PM
That's what I get for dino shopping at Target.

Lott's Bandana
12/29/2007, 03:33 PM
I scrolled all the way down here and still don't know what the hell a DS is?

Seems a boyfriend likes buns and your son can't find your daughter's vibrator charger...coffees got you buzzin and there is a 9 year-old dinosaur drinking beer somewhere.

Still...no DS getty.

Flagstaffsooner
12/29/2007, 03:57 PM
I'm lost on this DS thinie as well. Damn soap opera. As The South Oval Turns.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
12/29/2007, 04:21 PM
Dear Sister?

Dear Son?

Dog Sweater?

(Hot) Damn Shots?

FirstandGoal
12/29/2007, 04:28 PM
I scrolled all the way down here and still don't know what the hell a DS is?

Seems a boyfriend likes buns and your son can't find your daughter's vibrator charger...coffees got you buzzin and there is a 9 year-old dinosaur drinking beer somewhere.

Still...no DS getty.

This pretty much sums up the SO

Lott's Bandana
12/29/2007, 04:29 PM
Dip Stick?

Dancin Shoes?

Detour Sign?

Dihydroxide Solution?

Lott's Bandana
12/29/2007, 04:33 PM
...has struck at my house...:D

I woke up to my Son asking me where the DS is...

I told him "I don't know"...

Anyway...after being asked 7-8 more times I turned to him and said...listen..."Santa and your parents spent hundreds of dollars on toys, games and clothes for Christmas and you and your Sister have either broken or lost nearly everyone of them in the last few days. Here is your Gameboy Advance...go play it."

He says "It needs charging".

I say "Go find the Charger!"

He says "I don't know where it is".

I say "That's exactly why I'm a little upset with you two...I think I might write Santa a letter and tell him not to bother bringing anything but socks and underwear next year".

:mad: :O :(

OK...I'm breathing the bad air out now and maybe a cup of coffee will help settle my nerves. The Wifey had a flight this morning in the Helicopter and left me with the sleep over I didn't approve of....:P :rolleyes:

Not the best way to wake up for the day huh?

:pop:

Oh, and it's fun to imagine that avvie dude saying all that in a pirate's ARRRRRRrrrrmatttie accent.

Newbomb Turk
12/29/2007, 05:03 PM
dip s**t.

birddog
12/29/2007, 05:18 PM
**** off

GottaHavePride
12/29/2007, 05:39 PM
The Nintendo DS. I believe DS stands for Dual Screen. It's like a GameBoy, but has two touch-sensitive screens.

Flagstaffsooner
12/29/2007, 06:10 PM
The Nintendo DS. I believe DS stands for Dual Screen. It's like a GameBoy, but has two touch-sensitive screens.TY, we finally learn.

Tailwind
12/29/2007, 06:11 PM
I gave my kid a sketch pad and mechanical pencils. Nothing to charge there folks.

OUinFLA
12/29/2007, 06:50 PM
I gave my kid a $100 in a Christmas package.

He needed to borrow $20 the next day.

Seems about the same as y'all's kids to me.

StoopTroup
12/29/2007, 08:42 PM
After I threatened to keep the Nintendo DS if I found it...the kids amazingly found that some beach in about 2 minutes. :D

I like being a Father. :D

OUinFLA
12/29/2007, 08:52 PM
After I threatened to keep the Nintendo DS if I found it...the kids amazingly found that some beach in about 2 minutes. :D

I like being a Father. :D

would you lend me $20?

bluedogok
12/29/2007, 09:14 PM
NintendoDS (http://www.nintendo.com/ds)
http://www.nintendo.com/images/ds/what/main-img.jpg

StoopTroup
12/29/2007, 09:20 PM
Sweet. I wish I had one.
:D :pop:

Lott's Bandana
12/29/2007, 11:38 PM
Sweet. I wish I had one.
:D :pop:

Borrie your daughter's boyfriend's wun. Aaarrrrrr.

SoonerGirl06
12/30/2007, 12:32 AM
I'm trying to figure out DS.

Mee too!

And I thought BF stood for boyfriend too. :O

SoonerGirl06
12/30/2007, 12:38 AM
I am sooooo out of the loop. It's pathetic I tell ya.

Just pathetic.

frankensooner
12/30/2007, 10:22 AM
I have three kids and 4 dses, you have to think ahead.