PDA

View Full Version : Am I The Only One Who Thinks Selmon Should Have the UCO Job?

stoopified
12/29/2007, 10:21 AM
Nothing against the guy from OCS but Coach Selmon has both pro and college coaching experience.Can't say I understand this hire.If I had a choice between hiring a guy with pro and college coaching on his resume and is a state icon over a HS coach,it is a no-brainer.In addition it would be a quality minority hire for UCO.Don't get me wrong I am not in favor of hiring someone just because he is a minority BUT when he is qualified as well,I think it is good for college football.

Monster Zero
12/29/2007, 12:13 PM
Nothing against the guy from OCS but Coach Selmon has both pro and college coaching experience.Can't say I understand this hire.If I had a choice between hiring a guy with pro and college coaching on his resume and is a state icon over a HS coach,it is a no-brainer.In addition it would be a quality minority hire for UCO.Don't get me wrong I am not in favor of hiring someone just because he is a minority BUT when he is qualified as well,I think it is good for college football.
No, you're not the only one who would have wanted Coach Selmon to have the UCO job, and it's unfortunate that he didn't get it.