PDA

View Full Version : The other Hillbillies aint coming

Flagstaffsooner
12/29/2007, 02:38 AM
Friday, December 28, 2007
WVU may have to pay $1 million for unused Fiesta Bowl tickets
Associated Press

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- West Virginia University may have to eat $1 million worth of tickets to the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl.

WVU spokesman Matt Wells said fans bought about 8,500 of the 17,500 tickets allotted to the university. Another 1,500 were given to players' families, the marching band and other groups.

While WVU is saving some tickets for last-minute sales, Wells said the university returned about 7,000 tickets to the Fiesta Bowl before Christmas.

If no one purchases the 7,500 remaining tickets, he says the university will have to pay about $1 million for them.

Last year, the university sold about 15,000 tickets to see the Mountaineers play Georgia Tech in the Gator Bowl.

Wells said Florida is within driving distance for most West Virginians, while Arizona is not.

WVU President Mike Garrison said the university is not disappointed with the ticket sales.

"I think a lot of our fans drive to the game and we find that out whenever we play in a place that's not convenient to drive," Garrison said Friday. "But I think there'll be some last-minute arrivals as well."

The AZ Dept of Tourism should tell them that the Messicans leave couches all over the streets of PHX.:pop:

Leroy Lizard
12/29/2007, 03:11 AM
How many WV fans would have purchased tickets if they had received only a one weeks' notice? Something to think about.

Flagstaffsooner
12/29/2007, 03:24 AM
I think the departure of Richie Rich and all the termoil about that adds to it.

Crucifax Autumn
12/29/2007, 05:18 AM
I think they know it'd be a waste of money to go see their boys get their nads kicked in.

stoopified
12/29/2007, 10:07 AM
So the F'ing hillbillies will outnumber the WV hillbillies?

AverageJoe
12/29/2007, 12:04 PM
Like I said before stack and stacks of tickets.

We'll get in for $10 a ticket or less. In good seats as well.

Hate bowl games. Much better if we had a home playoff system.

AJ

OUMonster
12/29/2007, 12:59 PM
Hopefully their lame duck coach experience in Arizona will be just like our last lame duck coaching experience in Arizona.

mdklatt
12/29/2007, 02:16 PM
Are they gonna sue Rich Rodriguez for $5 million now?

SicEmBaylor
12/29/2007, 02:23 PM
Like I said before stack and stacks of tickets.

We'll get in for $10 a ticket or less. In good seats as well.

AJ

Respectfully, you are wrong. Bowl games are what make Div I football special. A playoff system would destroy it.

mdklatt
12/29/2007, 02:25 PM
Respectfully, you are wrong. Bowl games are what make Div I football special. A playoff system would destroy it.

:les: TAKE IT TO ONE OF THE BRAZILLION PLAYOFF THREADS!

birddog
12/29/2007, 02:29 PM
How many WV fans would have purchased tickets if they had received only a one weeks' notice? Something to think about.

or maybe they don't want to go because it doesn't mean as much as a playoff would.

Charla
12/29/2007, 03:27 PM
I guess if you are a Baylor fan it really doesn't matter anyway as the chances of ya'll makin' the playoffs would be bout the same as gettin' a Bowl bid.

OK2LA
12/29/2007, 03:30 PM
I guess if you are a Baylor fan it really doesn't matter anyway as the chances of ya'll makin' the playoffs would be bout the same as gettin' a Bowl bid.

It doesn't matter who is rooting interest is. Sic'em is right. edit: (I don't know about a Playoff System "destroying" it, but the Bowl System is the why college football is so special.)

Leroy Lizard
12/29/2007, 04:05 PM

So Aunt Nellie would be teamed against Uncle Roy in the first round, to play the winner of the Cousin Jimmy/Little Tyler match.

FlatheadSooner
12/29/2007, 06:07 PM
These folks don't travel well unless they're a movin.............:D

http://members.aol.com/pseisen/beverlyhillbillies/hilltruck002.gif

85sooners
12/29/2007, 06:16 PM
queers!

NorthernIowaSooner
12/29/2007, 08:22 PM
guess moonshinin and sitting on your porch in the mountains wearing overalls with no shirt underneath playing banjos all day doesnt pay well enough to buy tickets

PLaw
12/29/2007, 08:43 PM

Would it have mattered if the game was not at a neutral site?

BOOMER

insuranceman_22
12/30/2007, 02:05 AM

You might want to go a little easier on sic'em, you haven't been here long enough to know what's up and jumping on him "ain't to cool."

I see his point, I may disagree with it to an extent, but he does have a point....