PDA

View Full Version : Where are the posts/analaysis of the Fiesta Bowl??

RoaminSooner
12/28/2007, 07:58 PM
I've been posting semi annually on this board since 2001 and I've never seen the board so seemingly disinterested in our opponent. This is what it looks like before Baylor or something. I'm sure it would be more interesting if there were some Mountaineer's around, but ****...

:pop:

JohnnyMack
12/28/2007, 08:04 PM
Curtis Lofton vs. the Read Option = Advantage Curtis

Sam Bradford & lots of weapons vs. an undersized WVU defense = Advantage Sam Bradford & lots of weapons

Bob Stoops vs. ??? = Advantage Bob Stoops

soonerboomer93
12/28/2007, 08:08 PM
really, I wish there were some atleast 1/2 assed attempts at trolling done by the 'eers fans but I think they're still too busy having a RR pity party

soonermeteor
12/28/2007, 08:25 PM
I'll get back to you say 10pm Jan first. :pop: :cool:

LetsGoMountaineers
12/29/2007, 12:11 AM
Hey! I'm not gonna come over here and start a bunch of crap..but i am looking forward to the game...kinda ready to put the RR drama behind and play some football. I think the game will be good on January 2nd and hope it is a good game with no injuries! I think our team will be ready to play ball and it should be interesting! They have some built up anger too get rid of...and if you watched the Lousiville WVU game when Pat White got spit on you will se how he plays when he is mad...so i am excited to see them play!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/29/2007, 12:25 AM
Hey! I'm not gonna come over here and start a bunch of crap..but i am looking forward to the game...kinda ready to put the RR drama behind and play some football. I think the game will be good on January 2nd and hope it is a good game with no injuries! I think our team will be ready to play ball and it should be interesting! They have some built up anger too get rid of...and if you watched the Lousiville WVU game when Pat White got spit on you will se how he plays when he is mad...so i am excited to see them play!The Sooners had 3 "WTF" games this yr, and lost 2 of them. We played pretty inspired and well coached the rest of the time. If we Bring the "A" game, I think we win.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/29/2007, 02:07 AM
To answer the original query.... I think nobody wants to jinx it.

Three out of our last four bowl experiences have not been a barrel of monkeys.

I think most of us are just hoping for a win. Why torture ourselves with breakdowns, analysis, etc. We just want a freakin' WIN!

TheHumanAlphabet
12/29/2007, 02:34 AM
really, I wish there were some atleast 1/2 assed attempts at trolling done by the 'eers fans but I think they're still too busy having a RR pity party

No, more likely they are out collecting sofas in preparation of the next "bonfire"...;)

Wonder if there will be any sofa - fire posters at the game?

KantoSooner
12/29/2007, 03:06 AM
I have a bet with a Mountaineer living in Bangkok. He has offered to finance a weekend from hell if OU wins.

You may rest assured that the only reason I am not writing more posts is that my fingers, toes and eyes are crossed for luck.

BOOMER.

Leroy Lizard
12/29/2007, 05:15 AM
WV loses coach -- mojo advantage to WV
WV cannot find interim coach -- mojo advantage to WV
Sooner fanbase overconfident -- bigtime mojo advantage to WV
UT wins their bowl game -- mojo advantage to WV

West Virginia 24, Oklahoma 21

The news media rants on and on about how gutty little Mountaineers with no coach came in and beat up on mighty Sooners.

Horn fans gloat over their bowl win. Call Stoops a "choker." Claim that UT was the better team at the end of the year.

That's how I see it playing out.

Crucifax Autumn
12/29/2007, 06:34 AM
We rule, they suck, we win, they lose!

devOUt
12/29/2007, 08:19 AM

OU has better players than WV -- Advantage OU
WV can't pass -- Advantage OU
WV plays in big east conference -- Advantage OU
texas wins Holiday Bowl and retains coaching staff -- huge mojo advantage to OU

rubyspirit
12/29/2007, 08:44 AM
This looks like some cute fun .... when it is on ... Send a question!

http://www.newsok.com/video/live
Upcoming LIVE broadcasts from Arizona at the OU bowl game:
E-mail your questions to Blake and Berry: [email protected], [email protected]

Sunday, Dec. 30: 3 p.m.: In the Zona Live with Berry Tramel, Blake Jackson and Mike Baldwin.
Wednesday, Jan. 2.: 6 p.m.: Pregame at the Fiesta Bowl.
Around 9:30 p.m.: Post-game press conferences with Bob Stoops and West Virginia coach.
Around Midnight: Postgame breakdown at the Fiesta Bowl with Blake Jackson, Jake Trotter and Berry Tramel.

Video of Coach Stoops after the first practice in Arizona
http://www.newsok.com/sports/inthezona/

yur-out
12/29/2007, 09:02 AM
LL, losing a coach is a mojo advantage? Lay off the hater-aid:rolleyes: . Teams that have lost their coach has been such a HUGE mojo advantage so far that they are 0-4. ;)

NS5
12/29/2007, 09:28 AM
Lizard needs a new rock

swardboy
12/29/2007, 09:50 AM
Note to Venables: Take out that defensive alignment that employs the spit to the qb's face

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/29/2007, 11:00 AM
To answer the original query.... I think nobody wants to jinx it.

Three out of our last four bowl experiences have not been a barrel of monkeys.

I think most of us are just hoping for a win. Why torture ourselves with breakdowns, analysis, etc. We just want a freakin' WIN!Our Holiday Bowl Victory from the '05 season is our best bowl memory from recent years...so, what he said.

dominationStation
12/29/2007, 10:46 PM
We's donts cares about no mountainqueers.

sooneron
12/29/2007, 11:27 PM

The news media rants on and on about how gutty little Mountaineers with no coach came in and beat up on mighty Sooners.

Horn fans gloat over their bowl win. Call Stoops a "choker." Claim that UT was the better team at the end of the year.

Well that's about as indepth as you can get. This game will be won soley on mojo and tingly special feelings.:rolleyes:

TUSooner
12/30/2007, 10:44 AM

That's pretty much my nightmare scenario - like last year's.
<pessimism alert>
I would be nauseated, but not stunned to see OU come out flat (again) and give up some big plays before finally getting into the game - and maybe too little too late, like TTech. If and OU gets sloppy and allows WVA to hang around or to get an early lead and momentum, it'll be "Goliath falls!" once again. I really am concerned about whether we will have to "manufacture" some intensity, since everyone seems to think it's a foregone conclusion that we win easily because WVA will be too dazed and confused and demoralized to play. That's a trap and a half, and we're like Maxwell Smart when it comes to traps. ("Ah, the old _______, and I fell for it!")

Naturally, if we play our A game, we win easily. But that's what people said last year. The "A game" is a big IF with this year's Sooners. I honestly do not feel with any degree of assurance that OUr guys will come out ready to kick azs, as they should. I'm especially concerned that our offense will sputter at the start and put our D in a hole that we struggle to get out of.
:(
<end pessimism alert>

meoveryouxinfinity
12/30/2007, 11:00 AM
Oh come on guys, kick this funk. Anyone watch WVU in their last game? They were just about as whiney as Chase Daniel. Yeah, they might be pizzed off seeking redemption, but so was Missouri. They lost to USF and Pitt. W,jw. But I'm not forgetting how spektacular their quarterback. The kid was a total doosh while losing to Pitt.. understandable.. but don't get caught on camera, geez. This game will come down to how we play in the first half. That seems to not be our forte in bowl games. We make a statment, the boys get fired up, game pretty much over. Offense comes out flat, defense gets demoralized on a few big plays in the first half, we will still probably win, it will just be a little bit more exciting in the second.

Juss' saying, if USF and Pitt can do it, the Sooners can do it better. Don't compare this to Boise State. They were unbeaten. They didn't trip up against sad BE teams.

Anyway, cheer up Sooners.

TUSooner
12/30/2007, 11:18 AM
Anybody else ever find that something (the server, your comoputer, the evil forces of the unoiverse) won't let you go to the next page on a thread?

I had to post this POS just to get to page 2