PDA

View Full Version : Aggies say I'm sorry about Paterno casket comment...

hgarmorer
12/28/2007, 09:17 AM
Good job guys, keep up the good work :rolleyes:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls07/news/story?id=3170814

SoonerTerry
12/28/2007, 09:50 AM
a real shocker... not

bri
12/28/2007, 10:08 AM
Apparently, hateful and classless comments during pep rallies is also a war memorial.

God bless aggie.

GrapevineSooner
12/28/2007, 11:53 AM
Totally classless in and of itself.

But somebody from the Penn State crowd should have made a bonfire joke in response.

yermom
12/28/2007, 01:52 PM
good for JoePa

he's not really gonna quit after next year is he?

BigRedJed
12/28/2007, 02:11 PM
Has anyone here ever BEEN to a yell practice? I've been to them both at dead collie station and in OKC. The JoePa comments are TAME compared to some of the things I've heard them throw out before, especially at Kyle. They are a truly classless bunch.

jwlynn64
12/28/2007, 02:27 PM
As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't really tell me anything about the young guy who made an error in judgment but it gives me a little more respect for Paterno who was about to blow it off and actually used to take a jab at himself.

Maybe there is something about that Paterno guy. He may have a career at that coaching thing! :D

BigRedJed
12/28/2007, 02:35 PM
Those young guys make "errors in judgment" at EVERY yell practice.

jwlynn64
12/28/2007, 02:36 PM
Same as when I go to a nudie bar! :eek:

oudivesherpa
12/28/2007, 03:01 PM
Totally classless in and of itself.

But somebody from the Penn State crowd should have made a bonfire joke in response.

As they say in Houston, "If you can't build a bonfire, how the Hell are you going to build a highway!" I-10 has taken only six years to rebuild, and only two more years until the they finish. Paterno may be old, but Aggies are brain dead.

mikeelikee
12/28/2007, 03:17 PM
I'd say every Penn State supporter has at least some right to be offended by that reference to Coach Paterno, with the exception of the idiot Penn State students who thought it would be cool to celebrate Halloween by dressing up as Virginia Tech shooting victims. Bastages!

mobilesteve
12/28/2007, 03:43 PM
Joe Paterno is still alive? That's news right there!

I kid! I kid!

SicEmBaylor
12/28/2007, 03:49 PM
Has anyone here ever BEEN to a yell practice? I've been to them both at dead collie station and in OKC. The JoePa comments are TAME compared to some of the things I've heard them throw out before, especially at Kyle. They are a truly classless bunch.

Exactly right.

TheHumanAlphabet
12/29/2007, 03:18 AM
At least he has a sense of humor about it...

"I think everybody has to take things with a grain of salt," Paterno said. "Some young guy went up there, trying to be funny. Maybe he's accurate, I don't know."

Living in Houston, par for the course for the milkmen. But had a PSU'er made a joke about the Bonfire, those corps guys would be running through the streets with sabers drawn looking for Nittany Blue clothing...

Crucifax Autumn
12/29/2007, 05:26 AM
Screw 'em...I hate those guys anyway but hope they win.

But screw Penn State too...I hope they lose.

Neither school is exactly known for its class, but only one plays in the Big 12.

And after that hilarious run to the restroom last year, the only real way to make fun of Paterno is to build a sideling outhouse, not a coffin.