PDA

View Full Version : McFadden may not play in Cottonbowl

RoaminSooner
12/28/2007, 05:09 AM
Word is Arkansas is investigating if he received a 73k Cadillac Escalade. Could be rumor but it's created quite a stir in the hog pen.

http://arkansasmatters.com/content/fulltext/?sid=30b09b8affa496b1337f65e0327100e9&cid=63635

fadada1
12/28/2007, 09:04 AM
well, that's not half as bad as putting your parents up in a mansion for 3 years and getting $300K or so.

$73K for a car... probably came from the petty cash box... which is immune from NCAA eyes.

OKLA21FAN
12/28/2007, 09:07 AM
well, that's not half as bad as putting your parents up in a mansion for 3 years and getting $300K or so.

$73K for a car... probably came from the petty cash box... which is immune from NCAA eyes.

or clocking in and then leaving your job and getting paid ;)

all three are pretty stupid if one is concerned about keeping eligibility

fadada1
12/28/2007, 09:08 AM

that really happened????

:D

fadada1
12/28/2007, 09:10 AM
"I'm not a certified football agent. I'm a certified basketball agent, so, yeah, I don't know what else to say."

well, heck... that makes it OK then. i can't believe we didn't think of that first.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/28/2007, 09:52 AM

all three are pretty stupid if one is concerned about keeping eligibility

They are both pretty stupid but Bomar was at least smart enough not to tape his time cards to the front of his shirt.

Mcfadden rolling in an Escalade right before the Cotton Bowl is about 15% brighter than rolling in a bag of catnip and then teasing a Tiger at the SF zoo.

The best that comes out of this for Arkansas is about 48 hours of fielding questions and dealing with the distraction. If he is ineligible I see MU taking the Hogs behind the woodshed.

PLaw
12/28/2007, 10:02 AM
They are both pretty stupid but Bomar was at least smart enough not to tape his time cards to the front of his shirt.

Mcfadden rolling in an Escalade right before the Cotton Bowl is about 15% brighter than rolling in a bag of catnip and then teasing a Tiger at the SF zoo.

The best that comes out of this for Arkansas is about 48 hours of fielding questions and dealing with the distraction. If he is ineligible I see MU taking the Hogs behind the woodshed.

There's nothing new under the sun, nothing new. Sounds like the old loan based on future earnings scheme perfected by Norman, Dallas, Austin, and Bryan bankers in the 80's. There's nothing new under the sun.

BOOMER

Rock Hard Corn Frog
12/28/2007, 10:27 AM
There's nothing new under the sun, nothing new. Sounds like the old loan based on future earnings scheme perfected by Norman, Dallas, Austin, and Bryan bankers in the 80's. There's nothing new under the sun.

BOOMER

I agree to a point...in the 1980's McFadden probably would have gotten away with it. With the speed information travels these days this will get investigated thoroughly. If it looks like anything is out of line I could see Arkansas sitting him to avoid any future NCAA penalties.

Hornlaw
12/28/2007, 10:40 AM

BOOMER

The "future earnings scheme" is certainly illegal under current NCAA rules. Fortunately for McFadden, there is a way around this. The new scheme is to declare that he (McFadden) is just test-driving the Escalade while his parents are working-out the financing details with the dealership. After he drives the Escalade around for a few months, he can then return the SUV to the dealership and declare that his parents decided they just could not afford the payments. The "test-driving / financing scheme" was perfected in Norman a couple of years ago, and it works! :D

Civicus_Sooner
12/28/2007, 10:44 AM
Well I guess a 10 year old Lexus, driven for two weeks and is worth about $7,500 is the same then. :rolleyes:

fadada1
12/28/2007, 10:45 AM
The "future earnings scheme" is certainly illegal under current NCAA rules. Fortunately for McFadden, there is a way around this. The new scheme is to declare that he (McFadden) is just test-driving the Escalade while his parents are working-out the financing details with the dealership. After he drives the Escalade around for a few months, he can then return the SUV to the dealership and declare that his parents decided they just could not afford the payments. The "test-driving / financing scheme" was perfected in Norman a couple of years ago, and it works! :D
and is still an NCAA violation. just sayin'.

yermom
12/28/2007, 01:54 PM
and is still an NCAA violation. just sayin'.

so AD was violating NCAA rules? :eek: ;)

Theskipster
12/28/2007, 02:18 PM
Darren's mom has released a statement.

"Mike Conley hasn't bought nothing, and it ain't in my name," Muhammad said. "It's his stepmom's, Ella McFadden's. Really, the truck is on loan. Darren drove that down [to Dallas ] to see how he'd like it, and maybe he'd get one later."

Sounds reasonable to me.

BigRedJed
12/28/2007, 02:24 PM
Word is Arkansas is investigating if he received a 73k Cadillac Escalade. Could be rumor but it's created quite a stir in the hog pen.

http://arkansasmatters.com/content/fulltext/?sid=30b09b8affa496b1337f65e0327100e9&cid=63635
Here's what I got from that link:

The content you are trying to access is not available.

BoulderSooner79
12/28/2007, 03:21 PM
I'm not saying McFadden did anything wrong, but this is another reason the head coaches get paid the big bucks. They have to take the heat for a situation like this where they have no control. McFadden made it clear he was declaring for next years draft months ago and most scout have him in the top 5 or even top 3. Does he really care if he plays in the Cotton bowl with a chance to get hurt? I think most players would at least care about getting their schools in trouble, but with so many short timers who are done with college play, their are bound to be some that can't wait for the good life.

Crucifax Autumn
12/29/2007, 06:20 AM
If he plays Missouri wins.

If he doesn't Missouri wins bigger.

Go Big 12!

Stitch Face
12/29/2007, 11:06 AM
A $73,000 Escalade?

Here I thought I was bigtime after saving up for this $43,000 Yukon.

auto
12/29/2007, 11:10 AM
A $73,000 Escalade?

Here I thought I was bigtime after saving up for this $43,000 Yukon.

Peasant:D

bluedogok
12/29/2007, 07:42 PM
If you actually pay $73,000 for an Escalade, you deserve your own stupid fate......

mikeb
12/29/2007, 09:10 PM
If he plays Missouri wins.

If he doesn't Missouri wins bigger.

Go Big 12!
I agree it does not matter because Missou is gonna have their way....