PDA

View Full Version : WHAT STARTS HERE...CHANGES THE WORLD!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/27/2007, 10:13 PM
Yes, whorn-lovers, that is the slogan presented in the tv ad for the tu. It showed film of the Colorado river in downtown gayston, then boldly proclaimed that headline. I almost choked!

goingoneight
12/27/2007, 10:19 PM
Yeah... it's been that way for about ten years now. Ghey, but consistent.

12/27/2007, 11:17 PM
Yeah... it's been that way for about ten years now. Ghey, but consistent.Lucky for me I missed the first 9.99 years of such an arrogant commercial.

Crucifax Autumn
12/28/2007, 02:43 AM
Funny, they hype the very good looking city, the very fun city, and then just show the UT words. A kid can get the same hot babes, the same 6th street, the same world's largest urban bat colony, and all the other great stuff by going to Stephen F Austin or even ACC.

Dumbass commercial!

Harry Beanbag
12/28/2007, 06:57 AM
Funny, they hype the very good looking city, the very fun city, and then just show the UT words. A kid can get the same hot babes, the same 6th street, the same world's largest urban bat colony, and all the other great stuff by going to Stephen F Austin or even ACC.

Dumbass commercial!

Half the football team goes to ACC in the spring semester to stay academically eligible.

TexasLidig8r
12/28/2007, 09:14 AM
Half the football team goes to ACC in the spring semester to stay academically eligible.

And the other half transfers to OU to take paper bag folding classes to regain their eligibility. :rolleyes:

OklaPony
12/28/2007, 09:20 AM
Yes, whorn-lovers, that is the slogan presented in the tv ad for the tu. It showed film of the Colorado river in downtown gayston, then boldly proclaimed that headline. I almost choked!
Colorado River in Austin?

cheezyq
12/28/2007, 09:23 AM
And the other half transfers to OU to take paper bag folding classes to regain their eligibility. :rolleyes:

...so they can use them to put over their heads when they play in the RRS...

stoopified
12/28/2007, 09:54 AM
The clap?

12/28/2007, 10:18 AM
Colorado River in Austin?Do mapquest.

bluedogok
12/28/2007, 12:13 PM

Dumbass commercial!
SFA is in Nacogdoches in East Texas, that would be a long commute of almost 300 miles. SWT (now Texas State) in San Marcos is where many go who come up to Sixth Street for the night life but go to school somewhere else. The other schools in Austin are Concordia (Lutheran, next to UT but moving out near Lake Travis), St. Edwards (Catholic) and Southwestern (Methodist) in Georgetown but they are private.

Colorado River in Austin?
Yep, it flows into Lake Travis, Lake Austin and Town Lake (now Lady Bird Lake) next to downtown Austin, upstream it forms some of the Highland Lakes (Buchanan Lake, Inks Lake, Lake LBJ and Marble Falls Lake). It flows all the way to the Gulf into Matagorda Bay. It starts in Borden County northwest of Colorado City.

The city is more of the attraction than the campus, it is tight being land locked. They should have moved out to the Brackenridge tract a 100 years ago

Harry Beanbag
12/28/2007, 03:35 PM

Now you're just making **** up. At least my post has some basis in truth. :texan:

SoonersEnFuego
12/28/2007, 03:41 PM
Texas this, Texas that, I love Texas! Blah blah blah blech.:texan:Read the red print below.

TexasLidig8r
12/28/2007, 03:55 PM
Now you're just making **** up. At least my post has some basis in truth. :texan:

It's the innerweb... of course I'm making **** up!!!

OklaPony
12/28/2007, 04:45 PM
Yep, it flows into Lake Travis, Lake Austin and Town Lake (now Lady Bird Lake) next to downtown Austin, upstream it forms some of the Highland Lakes (Buchanan Lake, Inks Lake, Lake LBJ and Marble Falls Lake). It flows all the way to the Gulf into Matagorda Bay. It starts in Borden County northwest of Colorado City.
Cool, thanks for the info. I only knew of the "real" Colorado... you know, the one that starts in Colorado.

bluedogok
12/28/2007, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by bluedogok
Texas this, Texas that, I love Texas! Blah blah blah blech.
:texan:Read the red print below.
Nope, I just live down here. Austin is a nice place but I spent 37 of my almost 44 years in Oklahoma, lived in Dallas for two and Austin now for 4.5 years, had no desire to move back to Dallas a few years ago and have never had a desire to live in Houston. If we do move it will be more out into the Hill Country or the real mountains in Colorado. I would still prefer to live there or Boston but my wife has a good job here so we may be here for awhile.

One thing for sure, no matter how long I live down here I will never be a damned Texan.

Cool, thanks for the info. I only knew of the "real" Colorado... you know, the one that starts in Colorado.
I have no idea why it was named that but I guess it was related to Colorado City.

12/28/2007, 10:54 PM
And OU keeps showing that damn ballerina for the last decade........wtf is that all about?Are you also Sooner-n-ga?

Leroy Lizard
12/28/2007, 11:00 PM
The ballerina/football player statue is downright embarrassing. Who's brilliant idea was that?

GottaHavePride
12/28/2007, 11:13 PM
The ballerina/football player pose is a re-make of what was (theoretically) a very well-recieved ad back in the mid-70s, or something, but with a slightly different slogan.

GottaHavePride
12/28/2007, 11:14 PM
The ballerina/football player pose is a re-make of what was (theoretically) a very well-recieved ad back in the mid-70s, or something, but with a slightly different slogan.

I'm wanting to say it was one of the Selmon brothers holding the ballerina in the old ad.

GottaHavePride
12/28/2007, 11:14 PM
I'm wanting to say it was one of the Selmon brothers holding the ballerina in the old ad.

and I meant to hit the edit button that time. Now I'm just...

GottaHavePride
12/28/2007, 11:15 PM
post....

GottaHavePride
12/28/2007, 11:15 PM
padding.

12/28/2007, 11:16 PM
Haa

AzianSooner
12/29/2007, 02:28 AM
Austinne has a section at Lake Travis for n.ud.es people.

Leroy Lizard
12/29/2007, 05:22 AM
No, Rush..........so you like the ballerina?

I like the ballerina. Having her held by a football player makes it look like the university is all about football. It's comical and pathetic.

Crucifax Autumn
12/29/2007, 06:32 AM
Austinne has a section at Lake Travis for n.ud.es people.

Hippy Hollow? Funny thing is that that's a poular destination for those manly UT frat boys on barges and in speedboats. They somehow get a thrill out of 45 year old women who haven't worn a bra since they were a cups and now sit on coolers full of Lone Star naked with their tits resting on the rocks while their tweaker husbands cliff dive while taking a chot of Canadian Club.

101sooner
12/29/2007, 09:48 AM

Tony Casillas

http://www.oufoundation.org/sm/summer2005/images/post/p1.jpg

101sooner
12/29/2007, 09:52 AM
http://www.oufoundation.org/sm/summer2005/images/post/p1.jpg