PDA

View Full Version : I will NOT be yelling h ook'em horns..

Jason White's Third Knee
12/27/2007, 05:59 PM
...but since I am cheering for Big XII teams, I will yell "TACO MEAT" instead.

I did consider "insane deer".

MelloYello
12/27/2007, 06:26 PM
Yeah, as much as I want Big XII teams to win and make our conference look good, it's pretty hard for me to pull for Texas.

sendbaht
12/27/2007, 06:55 PM
I have only pulled for them once and that's when they played USC.

That was the worst college football day of my life.

MamaMia
12/27/2007, 07:27 PM
I want Texas to win because the ESPN guys keep saying that our conference is weak.

SOONER STEAKER
12/27/2007, 07:46 PM
I want Texas to win because the ESPN guys keep saying that our conference is weak.

ESPN can say our conference is weak all they want just as long as UT gets beat. Another UT loss can sway a recruit or two our way.

A BOOMER SOONER HOLIDAY TO ALL

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/27/2007, 07:51 PM
I want Texas to win because the ESPN guys keep saying that our conference is weak.That gnaws at me, as well as thinking a loss by Mack might actually start to put pressure on his job. I sure don't want him to get fired.

soonerwalt
12/27/2007, 08:30 PM
Personally I can't believe ANYONE that wears CRIMSON AND CREAM would dare pull for utERUS

soonerwalt
12/27/2007, 08:35 PM
WOW a pac-10 team cant play power football. Now theres a revelation

soonermeteor
12/27/2007, 09:34 PM
Texas win today makes us look better when we beat them next year. :D

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/28/2007, 12:22 AM
MACK IN GOOD GRACES! The silver lining on the cloud.

goingoneight
12/28/2007, 01:22 AM
I don't buy the whole "Texas loss is good for OU." If anything, it helps SOS and conference rep-- which we'll need in the near future since the stupid BCS computer governs things. Like we have trouble getting top-flite athletes with Bob Stoops at the helm. Who has Texas had in recent years that we just couldn't live without? Vince Young? Yeah... we recruited him as a wide receiver, and lightly recruited him at that. Good for him, he won it all in a place where someone gave him a chance to play where he wanted to play.

For the one or two players folks think we'd kill to have away from UT, we have Adrian Peterson, Tommie Harris, Malcom Kelly, Mark Clayton and many more away from them. They'll get theirs because... duhrrr... they're the University of TEXAS, recruiting TEXAS-born players. Now if they had a coach regularly challenging Stoops for BIG 12 supremacy, or we need them to lose, I'm all for it. "Rivalry" doesn't mean 'stay glued to the TV set and go into cardiac arrest if Texas does something right.'

Holiday Bowl!!! Whoopee!!! Tell you what... go there for the next 30 years or so, let us do the BCS'n... I'll be fine with that.

King Crimson
12/28/2007, 01:33 AM
i never cry when Denny Erickson loses.

Crucifax Autumn
12/28/2007, 01:38 AM
I was cheering "kick their asses you pansies" while puking a little. But, anything that shuts the media the hell up about our conference is cool with me, so I cheered.

RoaminSooner
12/28/2007, 01:57 AM
what he said

soonerwalt
12/28/2007, 08:05 AM
NOPE!....Sorry, still can't do it. cheering for orange (of any kind) is just WRONG!!!!

Jason White's Third Knee
12/29/2007, 12:44 PM
NOPE!....Sorry, still can't do it. cheering for orange (of any kind) is just WRONG!!!!

I would hope that you cheer for the Illini in their orange jumpsuits. The alternative is far worse.

But I did it. I yelled Taco Meat instead of H ook'emhorns. It worked out well. I root for almost all big xii teams... except for colorado. Their fans suck.

Nice win tejas. Keep winning and hopefully we'll keep kicking your ***! My god, we are loaded next year.

Hublah
12/29/2007, 12:47 PM
I have never been able to cheer for texas...I always cheer against the other team...if they are playing outside the big12

StoopTroup
12/29/2007, 12:53 PM
Mack's Stepson Chris is enough to sway a few recruits our way.

Jason White's Third Knee
12/29/2007, 01:00 PM
I root for big XII teams for a few reasons. Primarily so the BIG XII is the conference that scares the **** out of everyone. THE ONLY reason that LSU is in the NC game is because of the mystique of the SEC.

If LSU gets blown out, I will laugh my *** off... then I will bitch that OU should have been in the NC game and that the year was a sham.

TACO MEAT!!!

soonerloyal
12/29/2007, 04:15 PM
I have only pulled for them once and that's when they played USC.

That was the worst college football day of my life.

Word.

I don't mind at all seeing the Big 12 teams dominate their bowl games. But I seldom actively hope certain teams win. 2005 was a necessary evil. And CFB should never have to live through a day of wrongness such as that ever again.