PDA

View Full Version : Dang, I owe AMEX $15K

TheHumanAlphabet
12/27/2007, 02:24 PM
Finishing my last expense report for the year. The 2.5 week trip to Doha and U.K. - its coming in right at $15,000. That's the biggest T&E report I can remember ever having. Got to get this in and approved so AMEX don't get mad.

Tiptonsooner
12/27/2007, 10:41 PM
Welcome to my world, I average a little over 12k a month with them.

TheHumanAlphabet
12/29/2007, 02:06 AM
That a heck of a bill. So are you a AMEX "Black" member? Some people really get into the status level. My friend is a platinum, and was "invited" for black membership, but turned it down due to the cost. I'd figure that you spend that kind of money on their card, you are generating a hell amount of commissions for them, they would comp the fee, but apparently not. I'll have to go back and see what my average is. I usually do T&E reports by the "trip", so while I have had several close to it, this has been thelargest I can remember in a long time.

OUAndy1807
12/29/2007, 03:01 AM
braggarts.

also, why use AMEX? They only seem to be accepted at about half as many places as Visa/MC around here.

1stTimeCaller
12/29/2007, 03:07 AM
It sucks balls if my T&E goes over $5k. My manager has approval up to that amount, anything over that has to be approved by the Ops Manager. My manager forgets that and my expenses make it to Houston to get kicked back to OKC for the Ops Manager's siggy.

Thanks for the delay in me getting my money due to your incompeence.

TheHumanAlphabet
12/29/2007, 03:47 AM
braggarts.

also, why use AMEX? They only seem to be accepted at about half as many places as Visa/MC around here.

The "smart-a$$" answer is because I have to. Company requirement. You are right, and where I travel, it is practically useless, so I end up taking cash advances. Visa or MC would be better, nice and well accepted. But look at "they-rule.com" and you'll see why. My company's board has links to AMEX.

Tiptonsooner
12/29/2007, 10:12 AM
That a heck of a bill. So are you a AMEX "Black" member? Some people really get into the status level. My friend is a platinum, and was "invited" for black membership, but turned it down due to the cost. I'd figure that you spend that kind of money on their card, you are generating a hell amount of commissions for them, they would comp the fee, but apparently not. I'll have to go back and see what my average is. I usually do T&E reports by the "trip", so while I have had several close to it, this has been thelargest I can remember in a long time.

Don't know anything about "black member"(that sounds bad). The amount sounds high, but I own an HVAC business. I have so many vendors it isn't feasible to have accounts at every one, to much to manage. So, I put all but my local vendors on the card.

I don't mind the high bill average, it means I'm moving parts.

The reason for using AMEX is no credit limit.