PDA

View Full Version : Ou plays of the year!

Collier11
12/27/2007, 02:11 PM
everyone nominate one, then if someone can make a poll if possible and we can decide the play of the year leading up to the game...

My nomination is pass to MK in Red River game to put it away!

close second is DM's amazing kickoff return!

bstuff1979
12/27/2007, 02:22 PM
I'll go with Murray's big run against saxeT (late in the game, sort of hurdled one guy and it pretty much put the game away). Others: Any one of English's hits on Philly McColt Applesimms; Curtis Lofton in general against Mizzou in the Big 12 title game

The Maestro
12/27/2007, 02:30 PM
Sorry, but no three plays impacted our season as much as Reggie's fumbled punt against Colorado, the field goal by Colorado on the last play and the first play on offense at Tech. Those three had more impact than any of the many, many positive one's.

Debbie Downer...sorry...but those plays give me much greater pain than the big plays against Texas, Miami or Missouri give me pleasure.

Collier11
12/27/2007, 02:33 PM
Sorry, but no three plays impacted our season as much as Reggie's fumbled punt against Colorado, the field goal by Colorado on the last play and the first play on offense at Tech. Those three had more impact than any of the many, many positive one's.

Debbie Downer...sorry...but those plays give me much greater pain than the big plays against Texas, Miami or Missouri give me pleasure.

the thread isnt 'Big plays that impacted OU's season negatively', it is OU's Plays of the Year!!!

Paperclip
12/27/2007, 02:33 PM
Hard for me to argue against Murray's 65 yarder vs. Texas, but just to add one I'll go with Lofton's fumble return against Missouri.

The Maestro
12/27/2007, 02:42 PM
the thread isnt 'Big plays that impacted OU's season negatively', it is OU's Plays of the Year!!!

I know...but just sick of seeing stuff about LSU in the title game. We should SO be there!

Okay...focusing back on the positive...must be that 1981 OU-USC show I watched earlier that has me funky...I'll take Lofton's two plays against Missouri and DeMarco against Texas.

zeke
12/27/2007, 02:51 PM
So many to choose from for me to pick one.

DM's run against Baylor where he knocks someones helmet off. His big run against Tx.

The goal line stands against OSU & Mizzori

Paperclip
12/27/2007, 02:53 PM
One more, Demarco for 90+ against Miami.

Lott's Bandana
12/27/2007, 02:55 PM
Jamaal Charles' fumble inside the 5 in Dallas and our subsequent recovery.

Collier11
12/27/2007, 02:56 PM
I know...but just sick of seeing stuff about LSU in the title game. We should SO be there!

Okay...focusing back on the positive...must be that 1981 OU-USC show I watched earlier that has me funky...I'll take Lofton's two plays against Missouri and DeMarco against Texas.

FORGIVEN!!! ;)

TahoeSOONER
12/27/2007, 02:58 PM
IT's gotta be Loftons strip of Charles on the goaline in the RRS. HUGE!

BOOMER !!!!!

illinisooner
12/27/2007, 02:58 PM
DM had a pretty sweet kickoff return for TD against Tulsa, and let's not forget Reggie's fumble recovery for a TD against Miami.

SouthFortySooner
12/27/2007, 03:04 PM
None gave me more pleasure than, "the linebacker takes the quarterback on the option", in the Big XII Championship. :D

Lott's Bandana
12/27/2007, 03:10 PM
None gave me more pleasure than, "the linebacker takes the quarterback on the option", in the Big XII Championship. :D

That was a good one, pwnd'dednesswise.

Then later in the game after #40 chases chase down from behind when they are jawing with each other and Mushberger says, "Mr. BigXII Offensive POY, meet the BigXII Defensive POY."

sooner n houston
12/27/2007, 03:36 PM
Curtis Lofton interception against Mizzou in the Big 12 title game! Game changing moment for sure!

Desert Sapper
12/27/2007, 03:41 PM
Curtis Lofton. Take your pick.

He is a man, that #40, and I hope like heck we get him back for next season.

picasso
12/27/2007, 03:42 PM
everyone nominate one, then if someone can make a poll if possible and we can decide the play of the year leading up to the game...

My nomination is pass to MK in Red River game to put it away!

close second is DM's amazing kickoff return!
Lofton's tackle/fumble in that game was bigga.

deweydw
12/27/2007, 03:43 PM
Every play against North Texas High.... :D

Seriosly though, Murray's run against Texas.

The_Red_Patriot
12/27/2007, 04:12 PM
Reggie's fumble recovery for a TD against Miami.

The stadium was shaking when that happened.

josh09
12/27/2007, 05:19 PM
Reggie's fumble recovery for a TD against Miami.

The stadium was shaking when that happened.

Ah yes, that was a great play, i nearly forgot it.

Other than that, Demarco's texass run, and Loftons int. in the Big 12 championship.

Paperclip
12/27/2007, 05:22 PM
I think the folks in the Curtis Lofton strip of J. Charles camp have won me over.

illinisooner
12/27/2007, 05:26 PM
Lofton's fumble return for TD after Daniel screwed up the WR handoff with Maclin was great; the loudest I've ever heard Owen Field. The stadium was shaking more than Reggie's return vs. Miami, which I didn't think was possible at the time.

batonrougesooner
12/27/2007, 05:26 PM
Bradford's attempted tackle against TT was the most significant play of the year.

As far as best, I like Murray's run against Texas and Lofton's fumble recovery and score against Missouri.

Collier11
12/27/2007, 05:30 PM
It seems like so far we have Loftons fumble recovery against mizzou, forced fumble against texas, and murrays run against texas... if someone who has the capability could make a poll for us and maybe add one or two others that would be pretty cool! Pwweeeeaasseeee!!

Lott's Bandana
12/27/2007, 05:35 PM
The memory of seeing that rotten orange clad lineman with his hands in the air and a look of bewilderment clearly visible through his helmet when he realized JChuck had fallen into the endzone empty-handed...

The Sooners D celebration going on behind him.

That it occured at the OTHER end of the field.

The way we completely dominated the rest of the game. When it happens, there always seems to be a point where the Sooners players realize they are going to win...like when :mack: ran the clock out in the first half a few years ago, instead of trying to score...

...this was one of those moments.

TripleOption14
12/27/2007, 05:42 PM
I gotta go w/ the Reggie fumble return against Miami. When that happened I think thats when the D started to look around and say "maybe we can play a little bit" which is HUGE. Gotta have a little confidence about yourself.

soonermeteor
12/27/2007, 05:58 PM
Demarco's return against Baylor was very exciting. I was sitting there at the 5 yard line and got to watch him twist and turn as we all held our breath till he broke threw and ran it in.

I also will throw in my nod's for the (2) charles strip: I didn't even know it happened cause i turned away from the tv nashing my teeth when I thought texas scored.

(3) The Lofton interception during the big 12 championship. Definitely the most exciting crowd moment during the games I went to.

(4) Demarco's leap and run against Texas. I still remember jumping up and down for a minute after that.

(5) and as the dark horse, Sam's 50 or so yarder to Malcom during the big 12 championship. It seemed like things were spuddering on the offense until that moment. It was awesome watching the ball sail right to him as the crowd roared; it was like they knew that malcom was going to catch it.

Also, if you're going most significant plays, you have to add Reggie's muff and Sam's tackle.... both horribly unfortunate and costly to our title hopes.

Lott's Bandana
12/27/2007, 06:11 PM
Also, if you're going most significant plays, you have to add Reggie's muff and Sam's tackle.... both horribly unfortunate and costly to our title hopes.

Historically, Sam's "tackle" will be right up there with Roger's return, Billy's fumble, Jason's overthrow, an onside kick, statue of liberty...

soonerboy_odanorth
12/27/2007, 06:21 PM
I think when DeMarco made that run against Texas about 20 people (me included) in our section simultaneouly shouted "HE'S LOOSE!"... and yeah there was some jumpin' up and down for sure.

But my favorite play of the year was Lofton smackin' that Mizzou loud-mouth punk right in the kisser when he tried to run the option. He about broke him in half. I said to my bud that the game was over right then and there, that we were going to eat those guys alive. Even when they came back to tie it up before halftime I was not worried even one little bit.

I think if someone just put that hit on and endless .mpg loop for me I could sit and watch it for hours.

goingoneight
12/27/2007, 09:14 PM
Joey Halzle's TD pass to Adron Tennell against Miami is pushing Mossis Madu's TD dive against North Texas. ;)

Without a doubt, never was I more nervous than when Garrett Hartley needed to hit that FG at ISU. That game was flat-out ugly enough to ruin OUr season right then and there. You can't lose to someone Kent State beat.

BoomerSooner07
12/27/2007, 09:33 PM
my vote is DM leaping over JJF for the TD against texass. i went absolutely nuts in the cotton bowl.

BoomerSooner07
12/27/2007, 09:33 PM
my vote is DM leaping over JJF for the TD against texass. i went absolutely nuts in the cotton bowl.

BoomerSooner07
12/27/2007, 09:34 PM
double post, my bad

A Sooner in Texas
12/27/2007, 09:43 PM
Too many to choose from! Somebody needs to make a highlight video of all these plays.

Pretty please?:D

Leroy Lizard
12/28/2007, 12:01 AM
I thought the third-down conversion in the first quarter against Utah State was a pretty big one.

insuranceman_22
12/28/2007, 01:19 AM

I'll vote for this one, OUr defense went into feeding frenzy mode about then and stuck it up the collective tiger poop shoot for the rest of the game.

King Crimson
12/28/2007, 01:22 AM
I could live with Murray's run against Texas.

Crucifax Autumn
12/28/2007, 01:25 AM
Vegas guy here: Demarco's jump, Demarco's return, and Demarco's knocking off the helmet.

The Lofton hit was fantastic as well. I can't pick a fave.

BoulderSooner79
12/28/2007, 01:43 AM
If you have started the poll, my vote goes to the Lofton strip of Jamaal Charles in the RRS. Absolute game changer in the toughest, hardest fought game of the year.

Honorable mention to DJ's interception in the endzone up in Ames. Things were not going well at that point in the game.

King Crimson
12/28/2007, 01:56 AM
If you have started the poll, my vote goes to the Lofton strip of Jamaal Charles in the RRS. Absolute game changer in the toughest, hardest fought game of the year.

Honorable mention to DJ's interception in the endzone up in Ames. Things were not going well at that point in the game.

both excellent choices, IMO.

SbOrOiNaEnR
12/28/2007, 02:09 AM
I wouldn't necessarily call this play of the year, but the one I talked about for the longest time after the game was DeMarco's front flip into the end zone from about 5 yards out against Mizzou.

Also, Bradford's performance against North Texas, which FINALLY made me a believer. I'd been a Nichol Guy up until then.

Crucifax Autumn
12/28/2007, 02:11 AM
This season was full of great plays...way to hard to narrow it down to one!