PDA

View Full Version : How About a Little "Did You Know"...

tru2ou
12/27/2007, 11:37 AM
Everyone talks about the huge upset last year in the Fiesta Bowl and how it was David bringing down Goliath...

Did you know...based on the oddsmakers lines for the two games, if West Virginia beats OU this year, it will be a bigger upset than Boise State beating OU last year?

2007 Fiesta Bowl OU -7 over Boise State
2008 Fiesta Bowl OU - 7 1/2 over West Virginia

It's amazing how quickly people forget...

- Tru

Collier11
12/27/2007, 12:16 PM
or that BSU was undefeated and was higher ranked than us, but still a mega upset I suppose???

Earickson
12/27/2007, 12:18 PM
.........lost to East Carolina in this year's bowl game.

Hey, Pontiac, put that in a commercial and run it nonstop for the next 12 months.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/27/2007, 12:21 PM
Now that those mighty Broncos lost to a directional school in a lower tier bowl, are we allowed to laugh at them and their retarded smurf turf again?

Here, have a potato you two bit rinky-dinks.

stoopified
12/27/2007, 04:05 PM
Now that those mighty Broncos lost to a directional school in a lower tier bowl, are we allowed to laugh at them and their retarded smurf turf again?

Here, have a potato you two bit rinky-dinks.Are we still a tad bitter? Thats OK,me too.

swardboy
12/27/2007, 07:01 PM
It's amazing how people never get it...

- Tru

my take

SOONER STEAKER
12/27/2007, 07:50 PM

Best post I've rad today!! :pop:

Flying Scotsman
12/27/2007, 11:20 PM
Are we still a tad better? Thats OK,me too.

I think I fixed it.....:D

insuranceman_22
12/28/2007, 01:26 AM
Nice post, I hadn't even thought about that. Also, just imho - this years edition of the Sooners is quite a bit better than last years edition (as a team)... Boise was fortunate to catch us last year.

BoulderSooner79
12/28/2007, 01:57 AM
or that BSU was undefeated and was higher ranked than us, but still a mega upset I suppose???

I guess that's the burden of having tradition (I'll take that burden, thank-you). I thought the game was a mild upset at best. Yes, OU had more talent, but BSU was a darn good team and much more experienced. Most their starters were seniors and many were 5th year. OU was so young last year that they are still pretty young this year.

yermom
12/28/2007, 02:02 AM

i took some solace in the way they came back from a big deficit only to lose at the last second with a nice heart breaking FG

the stakes weren't as high, but they still got a taste of their heart being ripped out at the last minute ;)

Crucifax Autumn
12/28/2007, 02:08 AM
None of this matters...We're gonna embarrass WV and the rest of the Big 12 will pound their opponents as well.