PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else going to watch the Pokes in OU gear?

Huskernsooner71
12/27/2007, 11:36 AM
I am leaving tomorrow morning on flight toward Phoenix. I figured since its 20$ to get into the Tempe block party, but free with an insight bowl ticket, I figured I mise well go watch the pokes. Tickets are going for like 10$. I dont look at it as getting into the Tempe block party for free, but getting into the OSU game for free as I was already going to the block party! :D Anyone else going to go watch them play. Im going fully decked out in OU gear to the game. I might even cheer for the Hoosiers if my Fiancee, an OSU grad this year, will let me! I Figured I might ask who else might go out.

soonerloyal
12/27/2007, 11:50 AM
Im going fully decked out in OU gear to the game. I might even cheer for the Hoosiers if my Fiancee, an OSU grad this year, will let me!

I'm a chick, married for almost 3 decades and a Sooner fanatic, so I'll impart some wisdom for you in this early stage: In for a penny, in for a pound, dude. If you're attending the game in OU attire, don't let her decide if you should be cheering for the Pokes' opposition - do it. Otherwise, wear civilian clothes and keep quiet, or wear orange and cheer for her school. Decide now what you are willing to keep and what you want to give up, sportswise. If she can get you to dilute your football allegiance, you'll likely be easier to sway in other matters.
:P

But like I've said before, I'se a b*tch, so...

AZSOONER
12/27/2007, 01:38 PM
I was thinking about going also, I'll wear my OU Jersey, but probably end up rooting for osu. I get like that when it comes to bowl games, believe it or not I think I'm wanting texas to beat asu. I'll have to wait till the game tonight to see what my true emotions are, but I'm pro Big XII come bowl season. It's one of those things living in pac 10 country that is going to be weighed and measured to talk smack about weak conferences.

sooner n houston
12/27/2007, 01:41 PM
Hee hee I thought you were saying the pokes were gonna be wearing Sooner gear! That just ain't right!!! :D

MamaMia
12/27/2007, 01:46 PM
I thought this thread was about pokes dressing up in OU gear. :P

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/27/2007, 01:50 PM
I thought this thread was about pokes dressing up in OU gear. :PShirley Knot

Huskernsooner71
12/27/2007, 01:53 PM
I guess the title wasnt that clear. I am going in OU gear, wondering if anyone else is making the 20 minute drive to Tempe. How funny would it be for the Insight bowl, not being a sellout, to have about 5-10k OU fans dressed in maroon there.

NYC Poke
12/27/2007, 01:56 PM
I guess the title wasnt that clear. I am going in OU gear, wondering if anyone else is making the 20 minute drive to Tempe. How funny would it be for the Insight bowl, not being a sellout, to have about 5-10k OU fans dressed in maroon there.

Outnumbered at our own game again . . .

Bourbon St Sooner
12/27/2007, 02:17 PM
I may go to the Insight Bowl if I can get parking passes with the tickets. The block party and the parking passes are the real value.

Flagstaffsooner
12/27/2007, 02:47 PM
I thought this thread was about pokes dressing up in OU gear. :PNo, they will be wearing their usual stuff....
http://americas-best.com/graphics/pics_south-carolina-vice-agent.jpg
Black stockings, orange heels.

The Maestro
12/27/2007, 02:50 PM
the 20 minute drive to Tempe.

On New Year's Eve with the Tempe Block Party? Try 1:20 minute drive, park, freeze, deal with idiots, deal with idiots that drive cars with blue and red lights on them and pay top dollar for weak drinks.

I'll be watching OSU in the Insight Bowl while wearing OU gear...in my living room in Gilbert, AZ.

12/27/2007, 03:06 PM
No, they will be wearing their usual stuff....
http://americas-best.com/graphics/pics_south-carolina-vice-agent.jpg
Black stockings, orange heels.That absolutely CRACKS ME UP!
Is that lipstick and rouge I see?

sooneron
12/27/2007, 03:07 PM
Why would OU fans wear maroon OU gear? Someone **** up at Nike again?

OUMallen
12/27/2007, 03:13 PM
Maybe it's because I secretly deep down like OSU, but I wouldn't even bother wearing OU gear to an OSU game against a neutral party. It just gives them fuel to think we're actually concerned about their football team.

sooneron
12/27/2007, 03:17 PM
Sadly, I would probably go pull for the stepchildren sans OU garb. (maybe an OU hat ;) and if the ticket were practically free.) Although, the whole IU story of the past year is cool how they have gotten it together. I wouldn't really be pulling against them.

MichiganSooner
12/27/2007, 03:25 PM
If enough of us do it, we could help make it a sea of red. Which would please Mike Holder and T-Bone to no end.

Huskernsooner71
12/27/2007, 03:26 PM
On New Year's Eve with the Tempe Block Party? Try 1:20 minute drive, park, freeze, deal with idiots, deal with idiots that drive cars with blue and red lights on them and pay top dollar for weak drinks.

I'll be watching OSU in the Insight Bowl while wearing OU gear...in my living room in Gilbert, AZ.

Gilbert is actually where I am going to be staying for the next week.

B1rd
12/27/2007, 05:05 PM
The last time I saw Indiana, their uniforms looked a lot like OU's unis. I wonder if that will affect the C'boys.

Harry Beanbag
12/27/2007, 05:13 PM
no

yermom
12/27/2007, 05:16 PM
i'm thinking about going to that and the block party thing

i'd be in some form of OU attire

i'm not sure i'd be pulling for either team really though

soonerboomer93
12/27/2007, 08:12 PM

you could atleast get the colors right

go put on some pink and cheer on your huskers

stoopified
12/28/2007, 10:28 AM
I would NEVER be got DEAD at an osu game unless they are playing the Sooners.

12/28/2007, 10:46 AM
I would NEVER be got DEAD at an osu game unless they are playing the Sooners.I can't imagine being so bored with things, that I would consider attending one of those either. You would have to drive, and park, and walk, and give some effort, just to SEE AGGY!!!! WTF!

jccouger
12/28/2007, 12:48 PM
Its still watching football. And I love football so much that I've actually made effort to atleast watch most of the bowl games this year...

I'd go to the OSU game if I was already in Arizona.

r5TPsooner
12/28/2007, 01:16 PM
Orange hurts my eyes so I will not watch the game. I'll probably play UNO with the family instead.

Harry Beanbag
12/28/2007, 03:39 PM
Its still watching football. And I love football so much that I've actually made effort to atleast watch most of the bowl games this year...

I'd go to the OSU game if I was already in Arizona.

I went with some buddies to the Insight Bowl last year due to free tickets, but it wasn't on New Year's Eve. I won't be anywhere near downtown Tempe on that night.

SoonerBacker
12/28/2007, 06:11 PM
I'm a chick, married for almost 3 decades and a Sooner fanatic, so I'll impart some wisdom for you in this early stage: In for a penny, in for a pound, dude. If you're attending the game in OU attire, don't let her decide if you should be cheering for the Pokes' opposition - do it. Otherwise, wear civilian clothes and keep quiet, or wear orange and cheer for her school. Decide now what you are willing to keep and what you want to give up, sportswise. If she can get you to dilute your football allegiance, you'll likely be easier to sway in other matters.
:P

But like I've said before, I'se a b*tch, so...

She's got a point. (About the game, not her personality!)
Go to the game in OU gear = pull for Indiana.
Go to the game in "civilian gear" or orange and pull for the pokes (YUK!)
But do what yOU want to do.

goingoneight
12/28/2007, 09:51 PM
I can't imagine being so bored with things, that I would consider attending one of those either. You would have to drive, and park, and walk, and give some effort, just to SEE AGGY!!!! WTF!

Hell, lifting the remote control to watch them on TV is just too much for the product. :D

12/28/2007, 10:40 PM
Hell, lifting the remote control to watch them on TV is just too much for the product. :DIf I hear aggy is behind, I might tune in to cheer on the Sooner uniformed Hoosiers.

NS5
12/28/2007, 11:05 PM
I'll be going to the insight bowl in my OU gear. I have too many friends who are OSU booster and are going to be at the game. I will root for OSU and
be damned if anyone cares. I have no loyality to Indiana. Besides by the time
I am inside, I hope I still can root.

I am going to the Fiesta Bowl with my girlfriend, who happens to be a WVU Grad. Since I paid for the tickets she is sitting on the OU side with me. She
will not be a problem, cause she already knows they have a poor chance. The good news is that her double die hard Grandfather, a WVU fans for 55 years has alredy thrown in the towel. That says a lot.

Go Sooners.

NS5 a/k/a/ OURuss

12/28/2007, 11:10 PM
I'll be going to the insight bowl in my OU gear. I have too many friends who are OSU booster and are going to be at the game. I will root for OSU and
be damned if anyone cares. I have no loyality to Indiana. Besides by the time
I am inside, I hope I still can root.

I am going to the Fiesta Bowl with my girlfriend, who happens to be a WVU Grad. Since I paid for the tickets she is sitting on the OU side with me. She
will not be a problem, cause she already knows they have a poor chance. The good news is that her double die hard Grandfather, a WVU fans for 55 years has alredy thrown in the towel. That says a lot.

Go Sooners.

NS5 a/k/a/ OURussHow do you sort it all out?

Cam
12/30/2007, 03:39 PM
I won't be anywhere near downtown Tempe on that night.
No way, no how. It's a complete and mess.

oklaclarinet
12/30/2007, 07:33 PM
My family (not me though :( ) is going to the Insight Bowl for the exact same reason. The game tickets are cheaper than the party tickets. That's either really smart thinking on someone's end or really stupid thinking on someone's end.

Soonerus
12/30/2007, 07:51 PM
going, will probably wear OU hat...

NS5
12/30/2007, 08:19 PM
No worse than downtown Scottsdale yesterday !!!