PDA

View Full Version : SEC

CORNholio
12/27/2007, 04:37 AM
Listening to those hype mongers and their cult of brainwashed tards exaggerate a decent conference is equivalent to listening to fingernails screech slowly down a chalkboard while having some freaking christmas song stuck in your head. No matter how much sense you make to these tards everything comes right back to the fact that they are legit because they play in the SEC. They have "Paul Bunyonized" their conference. Everything is so out of proportion. And I used to like the SEC back before they became oblivious to reality.

They seem to know almost nothing about teams who aren't from SEC country. They inflate their own accomplishments because they believe playing in the SEC is nearly equivalent to playing in the NFL. And the leader of the pack=Arkie.
Die Arkie Die. Mizzou go ahead and do the world a favor and beat them so hard they have no excuse to flaunt.

Ahhhhhhhh.......

Crucifax Autumn
12/27/2007, 04:46 AM
Scew 'em...LEt's make the next level of superconference and have 'em play Big 12 teams as ALL their OOC games and see how they look then.

zeke
12/27/2007, 09:20 AM
Listening to those hype mongers and their cult of brainwashed tards exaggerate a decent conference is equivalent to listening to fingernails screech slowly down a chalkboard while having some freaking christmas song stuck in your head. No matter how much sense you make to these tards everything comes right back to the fact that they are legit because they play in the SEC. They have "Paul Bunyonized" their conference. Everything is so out of proportion. And I used to like the SEC back before they became oblivious to reality.

They seem to know almost nothing about teams who aren't from SEC country. They inflate their own accomplishments because they believe playing in the SEC is nearly equivalent to playing in the NFL. And the leader of the pack=Arkie.
Die Arkie Die. Mizzou go ahead and do the world a favor and beat them so hard they have no excuse to flaunt.

Ahhhhhhhh.......

EXACTLY RIGHT!

I hate Arkansas more than any other team because of that. Listen to them on the radio or see them slobber all over themselves about themselves on TV is sickening.

The day after they hired the new coach a National Championship was being discussed on Arkie radio, just like when they were slobbering about M. Mustain's definite Heisman he was going to win and all of the National Championships they would win with G. Malzon.

They live in our shadow and are so obviously jealous of OU it would be funny...if it didn't pizz me off so bad.

a little rant there...sorry

PLaw
12/27/2007, 09:58 AM
EXACTLY RIGHT!

I hate Arkansas more than any other team because of that. Listen to them on the radio or see them slobber all over themselves about themselves on TV is sickening.

They live in our shadow and are so obviously jealous of OU it would be funny...if it didn't pizz me off so bad.

Arkies are great fans and support their team despite the flaws.

When they bolted the SWC for the SEC, it was a precursor to the fall of the SWC and the subsequent forming of the Big 12. While I'm sure they would say that was a great move, they have never competed in the top tier of the SEC.

The thing that I don't understand, is why there hasn't ever been a rivalary with the hogs. Considering the geographical proximity; the similar economies; and passion for athletics in the two states, you would think this would be a great rivalary.

BOOMER

PLaw
12/27/2007, 09:58 AM
EXACTLY RIGHT!

When they bolted the SWC for the SEC, it was a precursor to the fall of the SWC and the subsequent forming of the Big 12. While I'm sure they would say that was a great move, they have never competed in the top tier of the SEC.

The thing that I don't understand, is why there hasn't ever been a rivalary with the hogs. Considering the geographical proximity; the similar economies; and passion for athletics in the two states, you would think this would be a great rivalary.

BOOMER

zeke
12/27/2007, 10:03 AM
According to those Arkie fans they have no flaws and they dont understand why they are not automatically on the list of the powerhouse programs like OU, Alabama, ND, USC etc.
No doubt they are loyal...but they are also stupid

SoonerLB
12/27/2007, 11:38 AM
Some talking head declared the SEC the toughest conference years ago, and they just ran with it. We all know that the talking heads will say anything to get an audience, even it is a dillusional audience. And we all know how dillusional SEC fans are! Granted, they have a couple good teams, but the conference as a whole would get sent home with their tails between their legs if they entered Big 12 territory.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/27/2007, 11:48 AM

BOOMERHeck, I don't want to personally give them that much attention. I would much rather establish a new rivalry that is out of our recruiting area.

Desert Sapper
12/27/2007, 12:33 PM
I agree. This is one of the singularly most annoying things about SEC fans (be they fans of Kentucky, South Carolina, Vandy, Ole Miss, Arky, etc...). No matter the state of their team, they always hype the SEC.

This goes back to the discussion about supporting the conference vs. not supporting the conference. SEC fans are just that. Fans of the SEC. I have yet to meet a fan of any SEC team that is not a fan of the conference, as well. And I have lived in the Southeast quite a bit. Much as Bama hates Allbarn, they will cheer for them in OOC and Bowl games, because it makes the conference look good, which in turn makes them look good. The SEC has had a great deal of success, and the littler teams have to cling to something, so when nothing else works, they can always lean back and say, 'Well, we play in the nation's toughest conference, so it isn't easy to win'. Most of us will pull for UTerus and osu to lose this bowl season. But when those teams lose, our conference takes a prestige hit, and when that happens, OU can be seen as playing inferior opponents, etc, etc...

The SEC has been around longer than the Big XII (in its current state), so I can see why they would support their conference so fervently.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/27/2007, 12:39 PM
I think every team from every other conference is darn sick of hearing about it too.

How humorous would an SEC bowling 0-fer be?....

GeorgiaTider
12/27/2007, 12:54 PM
Much as Bama hates Allbarn, they will cheer for them in OOC and Bowl games, because it makes the conference look good, which in turn makes them look good.

Ahhh, no. I do not root for the Barn ever against any team. If they were playing for a MNC, I would root for the other team unless it was the Golden Dommers. Then I would root for the stadium to sink into the ground days before that game is played. Do I love SEC football? Yes, but not enough to ever root for the Barn.

CtheB
12/27/2007, 01:04 PM
If LSU loses to Ohio State, don't be surprised if the SEC starts to take a little bit of the backlash that has plagued the Big 12 and Big 10 the past few years. It is also setting up perfectly because the national media is starting to build LSU up into something bigger and better than they really are....a team which by a few turns of the screw has as good a chance of being 7-5 as they do 13-0.

Sooner_Havok
12/27/2007, 01:10 PM
Hey, I have said it before, and I'll say it again. I hope sexaT goes 12-1 every year, with that one loss being to OU. I hope lOSUr goes 0-12 every year, but that has more to do with the jack-*ss poke fans than anything else.

Maybe I am to young, but I have ran into very few complete *sshole UT fans. They hate OU, but then we hate UT. The good thing about UT, they don't suffer from penis envy like lOSUr does.

GeorgiaTider
12/27/2007, 01:12 PM
If LSU loses to Ohio State, don't be surprised if the SEC starts to take a little bit of the backlash that has plagued the Big 12 and Big 10 the past few years. It is also setting up perfectly because the national media is starting to build LSU up into something bigger and better than they really are....a team which by a few turns of the screw has as good a chance of being 7-5 as they do 13-0.

Good point here. I am worried about this year's MNC game. LSU has one of the most talented teams this year, but they have played terrible compared to their talent level. After watching a few LSU and Sooner games I thought it would be the Sooners and LSU this year. I can't understand how it wasn't. I have been cheated of an opportunity to wear my Sooner hat and stomp on the Purple and Gold.

captain_surly
12/27/2007, 01:22 PM
And the leader of the pack=Arkie.

I couldn't agree more. I seem to remember them chanting "SEC, SEC" the last time we played them in the Cotton Bowl. What in the wide world of sports did that have to do with the fact thay couldn't have made a first down if we would have given them 10 tries?

I've lived amongst them for many years and every one of them deep down inside want us to lose every game we play. I feel it's my moral duty to return the favor.

As for having a rivalry with them, no thanks. It would be Okie state and the potato aggies all over again. If we beat them 9 in a row they would still talk about the game 10 years ago. Kinda like they remember the 78 orange bowl but not 87.

NYC Poke
12/27/2007, 01:23 PM
The SEC is a tough conference and I respect the football they play. The annoying thing about their fans is their refusal to recognize that there are other tough conferences as well.

Desert Sapper
12/27/2007, 01:34 PM
Ahhh, no. I do not root for the Barn ever against any team. If they were playing for a MNC, I would root for the other team unless it was the Golden Dommers. Then I would root for the stadium to sink into the ground days before that game is played. Do I love SEC football? Yes, but not enough to ever root for the Barn.

I don't know you from Adam, but if you are being totally honest in all respects, then my example was a ****ty one and your rivalry may transcend the SEC (unlike just about every other rivalry in the SEC). But, truth be told, every Tide fan I know was screaming and hollering about Allbarn not getting a 'fair shot' in 2004. So you'd be the lone outlier of all the Bama fans I've ever known in that respect...if we were to ever meet.

BTW, I have a ton of respect for Bama (Saban notwithstanding) and the Iron Bowl.

CORNholio
12/28/2007, 01:22 AM
No doubt the SEC is a top notch conference but the complete brainwashing that goes on in SEC country has these Jed Clampets taking it to levels of shear stupidity. I was recently talking with some Arkie fans and was told:

"OU would be middle of the pack in the SEC"
"there are 5 teams better than OU in the SEC"
"Mizzou would be 5-7 in the SEC"
"The big 12 has never seen a running back like D-Mac, (ahem AD)"

Some outcast fans running their mouth? Nope. I too spent a few years living in SEC country and found this to be the overall general consensus among the SEC faithful. Not the first time I have been told this. Complete baffoonery. I guess if you spend all of your life in booger county, Arkansas listening to 40/29 stroke themselves over the SEC for a couple decades then fiction becomes reality atleast in your mind.

CORNholio
12/28/2007, 01:27 AM
I think every team from every other conference is darn sick of hearing about it too.

They would break out the spin monster on this one. I'm sure they could find some excuse that not only boosted their own ego but somehow cleverly found fault in the alignments of their bowl games thus giving them a huge disadvantage. I think it would take atleast 3 years of the SEC dropping a goose egg in the post season in order for the media to drop the insanity. As for the SEC faithful they have their blinders on for life nothing will ever change their sheer ignorance. They seem content on being left in the dark.

goingoneight
12/28/2007, 01:47 AM
Big, fat spek for this thread.

Crucifax Autumn
12/28/2007, 02:19 AM
Well, let's hope for 3 years then!

OUstud
12/28/2007, 02:34 AM

"But, uh..........see, it's so different, playing SEC teams. You have no idea what it's like, coming into a deafening, drunken stadium of 80,000 fans yelling at you. Yeah, I know OU, A&M, Nebraska, and Texas all hold that, but it's different down here. How are we supposed to get up for playing in some boring bowl game? Our conference play was the national championship tournament! WE ARE THE SEC!" -SEC explanation of an 0-fer

Crucifax Autumn
12/28/2007, 02:45 AM
That's probably exactly what they'd say, but they can still suck my ***.

soonerboomer93
12/28/2007, 02:46 AM
hmmm, I just saw some OU fans bashing ASU for being PAC-10 c-champions after getting their *** handed to them but UT.

Who cares if Arkansas thinks they're better then OU, really. If you need another team/conference fans to respect us, then **** off. The only ****ing thing that matters when dealing with a fan from else where is that on Saturday, is they sing the wrong ****ing fight song*. If they don't respect us, who cares. You carry your Sooner pride inside you. No one can take it away, and it goes above all else when it comes to college atheltics. If someone talking trash can take it away, then hop off the bandwagon ****tard.

*credit to Stewart Mandel

Crucifax Autumn
12/28/2007, 02:48 AM
I don't want them to respect us...I want them to FEAR us!

CORNholio
12/28/2007, 02:53 AM
EXACTLY RIGHT!

The day after they hired the new coach a National Championship was being discussed on Arkie radio, just like when they were slobbering about M. Mustain's definite Heisman he was going to win and all of the National Championships they would win with G. Malzon.

The funny thing is I remember when Houston Nutt came to Arkie. The same discussions were floating around. They blamed their failure on Danny Ford and now that they had "Nutt the eternal optimist" then they would rightfully take their place right behind Notre Dame and right ahead of Alabama. Now history is repeating itself. If Bobby P sucks after a few years then they will say it was him and conspire to get him fired never remembering that they have sucked since holtz and they were never 5star.

CORNholio
12/28/2007, 02:56 AM
hmmm, I just saw some OU fans bashing ASU for being PAC-10 c-champions after getting their *** handed to them but UT.

Who cares if Arkansas thinks they're better then OU, really. If you need another team/conference fans to respect us, then **** off. The only ****ing thing that matters when dealing with a fan from else where is that on Saturday, is they sing the wrong ****ing fight song*. If they don't respect us, who cares. You carry your Sooner pride inside you. No one can take it away, and it goes above all else when it comes to college atheltics. If someone talking trash can take it away, then hop off the bandwagon ****tard.

*credit to Stewart Mandel

Go spend a decade in Georgia or Arkansas. It's not a passing comment here or there. It is full on propaganda from every angle and it will drive a man mad. Of course fans of any conference will talk their trash but the SEC fans are plain ignorant and brainwashed exponentially above all other fans.

CORNholio
12/28/2007, 03:02 AM
Its like playing a conference of Okie States that have tasted a little success. No matter how you beat them they will always spin it some crazy way to where they will come out thinking they won. Mizzou could beat arkie 55-10 and I garauntee that arkie will still say Mizzou would go sub500 in the SEC.

Crucifax Autumn
12/28/2007, 03:02 AM
Must be something in the kool-aid

soonerboomer93
12/28/2007, 03:28 AM
Go spend a decade in Georgia or Arkansas. It's not a passing comment here or there. It is full on propaganda from every angle and it will drive a man mad. Of course fans of any conference will talk their trash but the SEC fans are plain ignorant and brainwashed exponentially above all other fans.

Learn to shrug and move on. It doesn't matter what they think, it only matters if you let it matter. Period. The head of the clients HSE division is a big LSU fan, sent me a LSU shirt from Houston to me. Then he left his safety glasses here, and the onsite HSE man gave them to me. They're LSU ones. So what, they're trying to give me a dig, but I don't care. I can have some banter with him, he can't say anything to get to me, because at the end of the day, I'm a Sooner and that's not going to change.

You know it's propaganda then don't even worry about it. If they're sorry enough to follow that propaganda, then let them. Choose for yourself.

Crucifax Autumn
12/28/2007, 03:41 AM
I say mail 'em a feces sculpture of Lester.

CORNholio
12/28/2007, 07:39 PM
Learn to shrug and move on. It doesn't matter what they think, it only matters if you let it matter. Period. The head of the clients HSE division is a big LSU fan, sent me a LSU shirt from Houston to me. Then he left his safety glasses here, and the onsite HSE man gave them to me. They're LSU ones. So what, they're trying to give me a dig, but I don't care. I can have some banter with him, he can't say anything to get to me, because at the end of the day, I'm a Sooner and that's not going to change.

You know it's propaganda then don't even worry about it. If they're sorry enough to follow that propaganda, then let them. Choose for yourself.

I started this thread to rip on the SEC and thats what I intend to do.

SoonerBOI
12/28/2007, 09:10 PM
In the last 26 years the SEC has played one game in Norman. Two games total. Bama lost both. The Pac 10 has played 16 games vs the Sooners, 9 of them in Norman. They split, 8-8.

This year the SEC played 9 games vs. I-AA teams.

The standard SEC response, when you can keep them on the topic of non conf schedules, is: “But we have to play each other!” That is one of many SEC myths. The “Haves” almost always have a bye or two vs. each other. And adding another game vs. West Carolina et al instead of a conference game doesn’t really support the “But we have to play each other” whine.

And then there’s the “playing bye”, which happens somewhere during weeks 9-11. Blast La-Tech 58-10! Pummel Fla-Atl 59-20!! Obliterate Fla-Intl 58-10!!! Pound Tenn Tech 35-3!!! Get by Troy 44-34!!! Destroy La-Monroe…uh, well..it doesn’t ALWAYS work. But it’s a great way to rest starters at a critical time of the season and also, of course, impress the poll voters, while the Big 12 and other majors are deep in the conf schedule, playing key games.

I guess the SEC is overrated.

goingoneight
12/28/2007, 10:18 PM
I say mail 'em a feces sculpture of Lester.

Nobody wants a pile of sh!t. And the feces would suck, too.

DeaconBlues
12/28/2007, 11:24 PM
I don't know you from Adam, but if you are being totally honest in all respects, then my example was a ****ty one and your rivalry may transcend the SEC (unlike just about every other rivalry in the SEC). But, truth be told, every Tide fan I know was screaming and hollering about Allbarn not getting a 'fair shot' in 2004. So you'd be the lone outlier of all the Bama fans I've ever known in that respect...if we were to ever meet.

BTW, I have a ton of respect for Bama (Saban notwithstanding) and the Iron Bowl.

Dear Sapper,

I'm afraid that you've either been knowing the wrong (slim minority of) Bama Fans, or just plain sheer imposters.
None of us would show near the respect for Barners (and their plight, 2004 or otherwise) that we show for the Sooners or the like. 'Lone Outliers' are outcasts and unwanted in the Tide family.

Attached is for you folks enjoyment and enlightenment, from the most respected and reverent of all Tide Fans boards......
BTW, you Sooner folks are most welcome to join! Just be advised that it is a 'PG Rated' atmosphere, and Mods will do their duty rather swiftly to those who aren't civil in tongue and the like!

Roll Tide and Boomer Sooner!!!!

DeaconBlues :D

http://tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67512

http://tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67479

soonerboy_odanorth
12/28/2007, 11:42 PM
I gotta back DeaconBlues on this.

Sorry, Dezzy. I don't know whom you've been running into from the Bama camp, but that doesn't jibe with my own experiences.

After hosting Bama twice during my four at Vandy*, I can tell you that, honestly, there are well-heeled, well-educated Tiders that would cut their tongues out before uttering the word "Auburn".

I strongly suspect, that for as many Bama folk that may have been supporting Allbarn getting a shot in '04, there were 20 times that number sitting back and just chuckling at them. That old ESPN commercial where the old Allbarn guy on the intraveinous bag falls and the Bama guy on the walker just saunters on with a sly grin on his face is not off the mark, at all.

*Dear lil' Bama darlin'. Still don't know your name, but thank you. Oh dear Lord, thank you. I still get misty about that one.**

**Hope none of you think that is actually coloring my argument. Though, I would be in the right if it were.

DeaconBlues
12/29/2007, 12:13 AM
Thanks SoonerBoy....

(you perhaps played at Vandy I take it??? Man, I love living in Nashville 14 years up until this January......)

Hopefully this link to the old ESPN commercial sheds a little more light on our *love* for the Barners.....unfortunately, it seems that a bit was cut out of the original commercial, but maybe you guys will get the point if you've never seen it before.

Do I, or any self-respecting Tide Fan, sympathize with, or have anything to do with taking up for or otherwise defending an Aubie's honor?!?! HAAAA!!!! Not!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_p4FqoqnT9E

DeaconBlues :D

soonermeteor
12/29/2007, 01:44 AM
A lot of commentators this year used the argument that because there were a lot of "upsets" in the SEC this year, the conference was deep with talented teams. By this logic, Oklahoma getting beat by Colorado and Tech, Texas by A&M and K State, Kansas by Missouri, ect., the big 12 is just as deep and the conference champion should be in the title game. :D

....or it could be that the SEC just blows altogether. :rolleyes:

soonerboomer93
12/29/2007, 01:49 AM
I started this thread to rip on the SEC and thats what I intend to do.

Hey, you may choose to do so. I just might choose to tell you to stfu and grow a pair.

CORNholio
12/29/2007, 02:25 AM
Hey, you may choose to do so. I just might choose to tell you to stfu and grow a pair.

Don't hate the hate sir.

CORNholio
12/29/2007, 02:30 AM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Your hostility baffles me. If the continuous SEC propaganda does not bother you then congratulations sir. You sir are a role model and should be looked to for examples of "emotional stability" and "having a pair". For the rest of us scum who can't seem to let things go and who are annoyed by the SEC like it is college football's version of the socialist party then let the thread continue.