PDA

View Full Version : Gun havng types.

rufnek05
12/27/2007, 02:43 AM
I have a question for you.

Rail mounted vs. Hand held lights for your respective handguns.

Tonight was a prime example that I am an advocate of the hand held light over the rail mounted light.

I am staying with my mom while back home for the break. She lives by her self after the divorce. She has been living by herself for several years now. She never gets spooked over pretty much anything. Well my room is in the basement and her room is upstairs near the front of the house. About 1am the house phone rings. It wakes me up, but I fall back asleep. Next thing I know my cell phone rings, I answer, it is my mom and I can tell she is freaked out about something. She tells me that someone called and was saying harassing things to her, she asks who it is an they hang up. Then she says she hears people outside. Now, I'm wide awake. She wants be to do a walk around real fast. So I grab my Glock G30 .45 APC and my mini Mag light. Go snooping around her outside window, see some footprints in whats left of the snow. Then I hear some people talking around the corner. Shine the light on them. Turns out to be the neighbor kids from a few houses down. High School kids drunk and being stupid and prank calling neighbors to scare them. It did the trick to my mom. Told them to go home and tell them they shouldn't do it because they came very close to getting shot. ( there have been some break ins on our street in the past few months). Now I'm glad I didn't get the rail mount for the flash light or I might have scared those kids to death.

So it has been a pretty exciting break now.

soonerboomer93
12/27/2007, 03:18 AM
scaring them to death might have been good for them

soonerboomer93
12/27/2007, 03:19 AM
oh, and get a surefire instead of the maglite

yermom
12/27/2007, 04:09 AM
i'm with sb93

the difference between the two is huge.

and you are much more likely to use the light than the gun, that extra 25-40 bucks is nothing compared to the ~$500 for the Glock...

they sell the P6 or the G2 at Bass Pro, that's what i would suggest. they are basically the same only one is polymer vs. aluminum

Streamlights are pretty cool as well. check out the Scorpion

GottaHavePride
12/27/2007, 12:45 PM
oh, and get a surefire instead of the maglite

Ditto on the Surefire. a 5 oz. flashlight that's brighter than a 4 D-cell maglite is the win. I just got PG a C2 for Christmas to go with her Glock.