12/26/2007, 08:26 PM
1/18/08

Out or in?

What's da buzz?

:pop:

Sooner Mommy
12/26/2007, 09:53 PM
IN!!!

Can't wait! I'm trying to avoid most publicity about it - I don't want to risk seeing any spoilers.

swardboy
12/26/2007, 10:57 PM
JJ Abrams has really kept the lid on this one for months. It's rather amazing that the main attraction is the veil of secrecy around it.

JohnnyMack
12/26/2007, 11:02 PM
The Great Old One is coming for you.

Of course I'm in.

usmc-sooner
12/26/2007, 11:49 PM
it's Godzilla

colleyvillesooner
12/27/2007, 12:51 AM
I think you mean Godzirra.

jeremy885
12/27/2007, 10:44 AM
in, if I can remember it's playing.

soonerinabilene
12/27/2007, 10:50 AM
it's Godzilla
Thats what I thought at first, but Japan is the only country that can make a Godzilla movie right now, due to copyrights or something like that. I think Mike Rich said that a few months ago when this trailer first came out.

JohnnyMack
12/27/2007, 10:53 AM
It's The Great Old One.

JohnnyMack
12/27/2007, 11:20 AM
Thats what I thought at first, but Japan is the only country that can make a Godzilla movie right now, due to copyrights or something like that. I think Mike Rich said that a few months ago when this trailer first came out.

Since Japan ripped off H.P. Lovecraft in the first place...

http://www.summeroflovecraft.com/images/cthulhu-6.jpg

Cthulhu would pwn Godzilla in about 3 seconds.

SoonerBorn
12/27/2007, 07:25 PM
IN. Although I'm afraid the monster may look more like a giant turtle than anything. Not sure about that...

Hot Rod
12/27/2007, 08:02 PM
I'm in, just as long as he doesn't leave us hanging like he usually does with Lost.

SoonerBorn
1/13/2008, 10:35 AM
bump, cause it comes out on Friday... Harry Knowles at Aint It Cool News (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35236) sure seemed to like it, though, as has been pointed out elsewhere, he also gave glowing reviews to Godzilla (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120685/).

Frozen Sooner
1/13/2008, 01:26 PM

Nobody in the US owns rights to make a Godzilla movie right now. JJ Abrams has directly said that this is not a Godzilla movie.

StoopTroup
1/13/2008, 02:24 PM
I bet it's Godzilla.

FirstandGoal
1/13/2008, 02:27 PM
Cool, another Godzilla movie

StoopTroup
1/13/2008, 02:29 PM
I hope they keep it realistic.

http://www.thechestnut.com/godzilla/godzilla.jpg

JohnnyMack
1/13/2008, 03:57 PM
It's Cthulhu you ****nuts.

StoopTroup
1/13/2008, 03:59 PM
You mean chupacabra? :D

SicEmBaylor
1/13/2008, 04:00 PM
It's a ***** with teeth. Oh wait, wrong movie.

Mongo
1/13/2008, 04:11 PM
It's Cthulhu you ****nuts.

nerd

Mongo
1/13/2008, 04:37 PM
Cthulhu would pwn Godzilla in about 3 seconds.

what are your thoughts on an epic battle between Yoda vs. Gandalf the White?

sanantoniosooner
1/13/2008, 04:45 PM
Howzit would pwn Mongo in a dance off.

JohnnyMack
1/13/2008, 04:52 PM
what are your thoughts on an epic battle between Yoda vs. Gandalf the White?

Yoda did get his butt handed to him by Palpatine.

Now Gandalf the Grey got whooped by Sauraman, but Gandalf the White cam back and gave him a whoopin'. I think Gandalfs battle with the Balrog seasoned him to the point where he could take Yoda. I gotta go with Gandalf, but only a slight edge in this one.

Mongo
1/13/2008, 04:55 PM
See, that is where I think you are wrong. in the movie, all Gandalf did was point his staff and blind the people. Any strong LED flashlight can do that now.

yoda has the force, which anything around us is a weapon. And light saber > light making staff

HskrGrl
1/13/2008, 05:40 PM
So let me get this straight... people are dying to see this movie because they don't have a clue what it's about? It could be a giant ferret for all you know and you are ready to dish out $12 a ticket to go see it?

silverwheels
1/13/2008, 05:45 PM
So let me get this straight... people are dying to see this movie because they don't have a clue what it's about? It could be a giant ferret for all you know and you are ready to dish out $12 a ticket to go see it?

$12? Where do you watch movies?

This is going to cost me $5 at the electronic kiosk when I buy a child ticket. :D

bluedogok
1/13/2008, 06:02 PM
$12? Where do you watch movies?

This is going to cost me $5 at the electronic kiosk when I buy a child ticket. :D
Really, it is only $8.25 at The Alamo Drafthouse (http://www.originalalamo.com/), of course the beer and pizza could add up.

One thing that I noticed checking the Alamo site, they are having a Real Genius Quote-A-Long (http://www.originalalamo.com/Show.aspx?id=5025) this month with Laslo at one of the screenings last week.

NormanPride
1/13/2008, 06:24 PM
It's been too long since we've had a good giant monster-flick. With the special effects now I'm surprised they haven't made a comeback.

GottaHavePride
1/13/2008, 07:03 PM
One thing that I noticed checking the Alamo site, they are having a Real Genius Quote-A-Long (http://www.originalalamo.com/Show.aspx?id=5025) this month with Laslo at one of the screenings last week.

That is the most ****ing awesome thing I've seen all week.

Wait, check that. Since Tuesday.

Still, that's pretty ****ing awesome.

OU4LIFE
1/14/2008, 08:35 AM

ok, who wouldn't pay to see a giant ferret? That would be awesome...

Sooner_Bob
1/14/2008, 09:25 AM
It's that polar bear from Lost . . .

soonerinabilene
1/14/2008, 10:16 AM
It's been too long since we've had a good giant monster-flick. With the special effects now I'm surprised they haven't made a comeback.

I, for one, am glad that rosie odonell quit making movies.

Collier11
1/14/2008, 12:06 PM
IN! Looks wicked and it is shot from 1st person so it should be pretty interesting and vomity all at once

sanantoniosooner
1/14/2008, 12:07 PM
Looks like Godzilla meets Blaire Witch.

I'm interested.

dolemitesooner
1/14/2008, 12:09 PM
Its a monster

Czar Soonerov
1/14/2008, 12:48 PM
http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/real-cloverfield-monster-concept-art-revealed-maybe.php

Frozen Sooner
1/14/2008, 12:57 PM
ok, who wouldn't pay to see a giant ferret? That would be awesome...

Presented in smelloscope!

OU4LIFE
1/14/2008, 01:05 PM
http://www.badastronomy.com/pix/bablog/2007/smelloscope.jpg

picasso
1/14/2008, 01:45 PM
looks very ghey.

JohnnyMack
1/14/2008, 01:54 PM
looks very ghey.

Takes one to know one.

sooneron
1/14/2008, 02:05 PM
One thing that I noticed checking the Alamo site, they are having a Real Genius Quote-A-Long this month with Laslo at one of the screenings last week.
For this?

IN!

I may try to catch a first showing of it on Friday- I'm off. I shall post a non spoiled review 'twards.

JohnnyMack
1/14/2008, 02:08 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Call_of_Cthulhu

"The Call of Cthulhu" is one of H. P. Lovecraft's best-known short stories. Written in the summer of 1926, it was first published in Weird Tales, February 1928.[1] It is the only story written by Lovecraft in which the extraterrestrial entity Cthulhu himself makes a major appearance.

It is written in a documentary style, with three independent narratives linked together by the device of a narrator discovering notes left by a deceased relative. The narrator pieces together the whole truth and disturbing significance of the information he possesses, illustrating the story's first line: "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance amidst the black seas of infinity; and it was not meant that we should stray far."

I may be off here, but I think this movie will be an homage to Lovecraft. Remember that the movie centers around videotapes found in Central Park after this whole "event" is over.

The Call of Cthulhu isn't being made here, but I'm leaning towards thinking they're going to take some big chunks of his works and running with it.

Mongo
1/14/2008, 02:11 PM
if Cthulhu had a nutsack, you'd be all up on it

sooneron
1/14/2008, 02:13 PM
heh:eek:

OU4LIFE
1/14/2008, 02:15 PM

I've got a nutsack...

just sayin

Mongo
1/14/2008, 02:18 PM
I've got a nutsack...

just sayin

they should make a movie about your nutsack

JohnnyMack
1/14/2008, 02:18 PM

The Great Old One doesn't appreciate you talking about his nether regions.

Czar Soonerov
1/14/2008, 04:06 PM
Every time somebody says "The Great Old One" I think of this guy.

http://www.uscho.com/images/uwire/2006/27697_sutton.jpg

:confused:

JohnnyMack
1/14/2008, 04:14 PM
He's The Tanked Old One.

SoonerBBall
1/14/2008, 06:02 PM
For all of you HP Lovecraft fans, this (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1118070/) is the movie you have been waiting for. Thank God for Guillermo and his wonderful Lovecraftian movie Hellboy.

usmc-sooner
1/14/2008, 06:05 PM
I hate to ruin this movie for anyone but the villain is global warming. Be afraid be very afraid.

Mongo
1/14/2008, 06:10 PM
I hope it turns out to be some cheesey monster just to anger people

Collier11
1/14/2008, 06:12 PM
I hate to ruin this movie for anyone but the villain is global warming. Be afraid be very afraid.

OUT!

silverwheels
1/16/2008, 10:43 PM
It's at 50% at rotten tomatoes right now. Not promising.

OUTromBoNado
1/16/2008, 11:38 PM
In.

I just moved out to the Texas Panhandle. I need something to do when I get off work Friday night.

Sooner_Havok
1/17/2008, 12:27 AM
THE MONSTER IS THE STAY PUFF MARSHMALLOW MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BudSooner
1/17/2008, 08:10 AM
Kaitei No Mitsu Approved for US Distribution "Members of Tagruato's elite corporate board were greeted with a rare surprise yesterday as founder Ganu Yoshida visited their emergency home screens in a simultaneous teleconferencing broadcast. After much discussion, Yoshida revealed that kaitei no mitsu, the special Slusho! ingredient lovingly known as "Seabed's Nectar", had been approved by the American Food Association.

"Those lost at Chuai would be smiling this day," commented a choked-up Ganu Yoshida, "Tagruato stands strong against the evil of ecologist terror."

Tagruato can now proceed with their extensive American campaign for bringing Slusho! to the western world. In addition to the creation of three Western-only flavors, Slusho! representatives claim that many other surprises are in store for their new audience.

"This has been a dream of ours for a long time," smiles Slusho! Administrative Coordinator Mika Srauy, "We've already secured relationships with several prominent American distributors and are compiling our own Western-oriented marketing team."

The board applauded the news, thanking their friends in foreign lands for such strong support in troubled times.

"Ordinarily there would be more happiness in our celebration but it has been a dark week," admitted Slusho! Administrative Head Ben Miyake, "I am proud to be part of such a brave company."

http://www.tagruato.jp/headlines.php?story=news_08_01_09_2

So, it's going to be a sea creature probably ****ed off and transported with the company during it's Slusho introduction?

Hell, I thought it was going to be Eli Manning tearing up NY. :D

StoopTroup
1/17/2008, 05:31 PM
Mothra?

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/5681/mothra9au.jpg

stoops the eternal pimp
1/17/2008, 06:11 PM
The first time I ever heard of Cthulhu, I saw an old guy wearing a t shirt that said "Cthulhu for President" and I asked why? Then I received a 20 minute explanation

silverwheels
1/17/2008, 06:12 PM
It's at 50% at rotten tomatoes right now. Not promising.

Nevermind. It's gone up to 73% with more reviews.

Sooner_Bob
1/17/2008, 06:47 PM
I'm off tomorrow . . . I just might have to go to a matinée.

BudSooner
1/17/2008, 07:00 PM
Maybe a pic of the monster, from a camera phone of course...not sure if it's the real deal but if it is....Whoa!

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/showthread.php?t=605144

On second thought....it looks like Admiral Ackbar as somoene on the board pointed out.

SoonerBorn
1/17/2008, 07:50 PM
The first time I ever heard of Cthulhu, I saw an old guy wearing a t shirt that said "Cthulhu for President" and I asked why? Then I received a 20 minute explanation

How terrible!

How much SAN did you lose from the encounter? 1D10?

OUAndy1807
1/17/2008, 09:41 PM
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc130/Cyborginator/MGP001b.jpg
SPOILER!!!!

sanantoniosooner
1/17/2008, 09:46 PM
I didn't even know my MIL was in the film.

Mongo
1/17/2008, 09:49 PM
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc130/Cyborginator/MGP001b.jpg
SPOILER!!!!

Dr. Zoidberg?

stoops the eternal pimp
1/17/2008, 09:53 PM
How terrible!

How much SAN did you lose from the encounter? 1D10?

This guy was about 70 years old when I met him. Oddly enough, I ended up forming a friendship with this guy, mostly because he was all alone with no family of any kind. I went to his house once, and I walked in and his house looked like a library. Every wall and bookshelf was filled with sci fi and horror books from the early 1900's. Another person who saw his collection said it had to be worth a lot of money. a lot of the little paperbacks look like they had never been read.

OUTromBoNado
1/17/2008, 11:33 PM
THE MONSTER IS THE STAY PUFF MARSHMALLOW MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody steps on a church in my town!

KC//CRIMSON
1/18/2008, 01:07 AM
Why do monsters always have to go to New York? Why can't they go tear up some *hit in a city like Los Angeles or Austin?

Come on, seeing a couple hundred thousand texans soiling themselves? That's gold, people.

Sooner_Bob
1/18/2008, 07:45 PM
I went to see it this afternoon . . . the storyline wasn't too bad IMO, but the movie was way too short. Good thing though, since it was shot entirely in first person. That made it very hard for me to watch. If you get the least bit motion sick I wouldn't recommend this show on an empty stomach. Dramamine may have helped out though.

StoopTroup
1/18/2008, 07:54 PM
Looks like the Toxic Avenger to me.

http://thepiratesdilemma.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/toxic_avenger.jpg

soonerhubs
1/18/2008, 08:22 PM
Just got back from this Movie. I thought it was great, but the Mrs... not so much.

Melo
1/18/2008, 08:31 PM
The bf and I went to the midnight showing last night at Alamo drafthouse.

I loved it.
Especially when Ms. I-showed-up-at-the-party-for-no-real-apparent-reason explodisized all over the place.

I thought the entire thing was annoyingly predictable, but it wasnt bad enough to ruin the movie. Also, did anyone stick around for the credits? Had some static-y, radio transmission thing going on, but I didnt hear it fully, due to three middle-aged balding num-nuts reading weird names out loud from the credit list.

I also tried fried pickles last night for the first time, and they RMFO.

Sooner_Bob
1/18/2008, 08:40 PM
Especially when Ms. I-showed-up-at-the-party-for-no-real-apparent-reason explodisized all over the place.

Yep . . . that was a little freaky.

crawfish
1/18/2008, 08:47 PM
I enjoyed it. Not recommended for anybody with motion sickness.

silverwheels
1/18/2008, 09:33 PM
My pansy friends got motion sickness from it. It was different so I liked it.

Except for the stupid high school kids that wouldn't shut up in the theater.

OUWxGuesser
1/19/2008, 02:30 AM
Two thumbs up from me. It's a monster movie so I'm not expecting A grade plot. In my opinion, the party scene was the most jittery. Once it got to the action, the camera motion wasn't a problem for me.

OUTromBoNado
1/19/2008, 03:13 AM
The bf and I went to the midnight showing last night at Alamo drafthouse.

I loved it.

I thought the entire thing was annoyingly predictable, but it wasnt bad enough to ruin the movie. Also, did anyone stick around for the credits? Had some static-y, radio transmission thing going on, but I didnt hear it fully, due to three middle-aged balding num-nuts reading weird names out loud from the credit list.

I also tried fried pickles last night for the first time, and they RMFO.

Yeah, I'm wondering what exactly caused that to happen to her. I fully expect a sequel to be made...probably within the year...that goes into a full-on investigation into the creature.

At the end of the credits, the sound was someone saying "Help us" and if played backwards, you can clearly hear Rob saying, "It's still alive!"

Also, did anyone happen to notice the object fall from the sky into the ocean in the final scene at Coney Island?" I didn't see it, but read about it later.

And the sound effects were mind-blowing.:eek:

Frozen Sooner
1/19/2008, 04:01 AM
I was assuming that model chick exploded all over because something was hatching out of her. When they first got to the triage, they wheeled someone by with an exploded chest and said "another bite victim coming through."

I liked very much that they stayed true to the conceit. We don't find out jack **** about why the monster is there or what it's doing or whatever. Which is exactly the way it would be for someone on the ground.

Solid 2.75-3 out of four. Watchable, enjoyable.

JohnnyMack
1/19/2008, 10:27 AM
You can't give 2.75 stars.

It only goes in halves.

SeattleOUstudent
1/19/2008, 10:34 AM
Very good flick. I mean, if you are looking for a Lassie ending, this is the wrong movie for you. This was more of an old Yeller kinda movie. You could kinda see it comin, but still gripping none-the-less.

Glad they showed the monster. I was affraid it was going to be one of those where they dont show the monster and let your imagination fill in the rest.

There HAS to be a sequel. I mean, they barely touched on the spawn that was casting off the big monster.

****1/2 for me.

SeattleOUstudent
1/19/2008, 10:35 AM
Also....Beth is HAWT. She MUST be in the sequel :)

Boomer.....
1/19/2008, 11:37 AM
Crazy movie! Type of movie that you cannot predict what will happen next. The filming was brilliant.

On the other hand, I wish they would have told more about the monster.

silverwheels
1/19/2008, 03:32 PM
Also....Beth is HAWT. She MUST be in the sequel :)

Yes, she is gorgeous. :hot:

StoopTroup
1/19/2008, 03:55 PM
We're gonna go to the movies tonight.

Cloverfield came in 5th place on our list.

If it had been a Godzilla movie...it would have been #1. :D

silverwheels
1/19/2008, 04:01 PM
This monster beats the **** out of Godzilla.

SoonerBorn
1/19/2008, 07:29 PM
Just saw it - it was a fun movie. For me, I think the scariest part was parting with $6.50 a ticket for a freakin matinee at the POS that is now the Hollywood 14 in Norman. I personally think it should be ground zero in the next target in the Cloverfield sequel. Maybe they could hire the idiot with the camera for minimum wage to come in once a week and show a mop to the restrooms.

BTW: It's not really worth staying until the credits finish rolling. The payoff is really small.

soonermeteor
1/19/2008, 09:46 PM
My pansy friends got motion sickness from it. It was different so I liked it.

Except for the stupid high school kids that wouldn't shut up in the theater.

Yeah, the problem about going opening night is you'll get the obnoxious middle and high school kids in there.

I really enjoyed it. I was glad that you got to see the monster too so it wasn't another blair witch disaster. I didn't mind the camera movement, in fact the only time I felt sick was when the girl exploded . I wasn't too thrilled about some of the break ins from the original tape or the lead up and party, but that added the whole realism aspect to the movie. The whole thing was done incredibly well special affects wise. I know a lot of people were ****ed at the ending in the theater I was in, but I didn't know what else they expected? It was abrupt... but wasn't that the point?

Frozen Sooner
1/19/2008, 09:56 PM
You can't give 2.75 stars.

It only goes in halves.

Fine. I give it twenty-seven and a half stars out of forty.

OUTromBoNado
1/19/2008, 11:15 PM
I wasn't too thrilled about some of the break ins from the original tape or the lead up and party, but that added the whole realism aspect to the movie.

Yeah, but the break ins from the original tape served a purpose. During the final scene from the Coney Island footage apparently some objected falls from the sky and lands in the ocean.

I didn't see it, but I've read about online.

GottaHavePride
1/19/2008, 11:33 PM
Just saw it - it was a fun movie. For me, I think the scariest part was parting with $6.50 a ticket for a freakin matinee at the POS that is now the Hollywood 14 in Norman. I personally think it should be ground zero in the next target in the Cloverfield sequel. Maybe they could hire the idiot with the camera for minimum wage to come in once a week and show a mop to the restrooms.

BTW: It's not really worth staying until the credits finish rolling. The payoff is really small.

Patience, Grasshopper. Bill Warren's theater in Moore will be done in a few months and run that dump in Norman out of business. And not a second too soon.

royalfan5
1/20/2008, 06:22 PM
I enjoyed it. It definitely is different though. I would be in for a sequel that showed what was happening from the military angle or gave more explanation. Also, I thought that chick that played Marlena was smoking.

StoopTroup
1/20/2008, 07:15 PM
We saw lots of folks exiting the theatre after seeing Clobberfeld.

Some looked kind blue around the gills...some looked like they'd like to kill something, of course they may have looked that way when they went in.

I didn't see anyone high fiving each other or giving the "Live Long & Prosper" gang signs.

They had signs up at the theatre entrance and the door of each theatre cautioning watchers of a roller coaster like filming of the movie.

royalfan5
1/20/2008, 07:22 PM
We saw lots of folks exiting the theatre after seeing Clobberfeld.

Some looked kind blue around the gills...some looked like they'd like to kill something, of course they may have looked that way when they went in.

I didn't see anyone high fiving each other or giving the "Live Long & Prosper" gang signs.

They had signs up at the theatre entrance and the door of each theatre cautioning watchers of a roller coaster like filming of the movie.
I probably saw 10 to 15 people have to leave because of motion sickness in an afternoon matinee. It's not for people susceptible to motion sickness.

Sooner_Bob
1/20/2008, 10:58 PM
During the final scene from the Coney Island footage apparently some objected falls from the sky and lands in the ocean.

I totally missed that if it really happened.

SeattleOUstudent
1/21/2008, 01:37 AM

What surprises me is that you guys werent expecting to see something in that shot. It was a 5 second shot of the ocean from the ferris wheel. How did you miss the thing splashing into the water right behind the cruise ship thingie?? :)

I guess you guys dont like lost. :cool:

(oh, and ive been trying to find the clip on youtube, to no avail)

Melo
1/21/2008, 04:59 PM
Clickie (http://www.1-18-08.com/)
Look at those. You can drag the pictures around. Notice any pictures that WERENT in the movie?

Now watch this! (http://www.break.com/index/leaked-scene-from-cloverfield.html)

Sooner_Havok
1/21/2008, 08:38 PM

I saw something fall into the ocean during that clip, but my GF and basically everyone else missed it. But, here is the thing, I was totally into the viral marketing and read everything at the Slusho and Tagruato websites.

The Tagruato website is down, but before it went down if you clicked on headlines there was one about one of Tagruato's subsidies named Bold Futura. Well, a few day before the release of the movie they said they tracked something falling into the Atlantic Ocean with their new imaging satellite. They said they thought it was a piece off a Japanese satellite, but that was about it. I will look for mirror sites to see if I can't find that headline for you, but yeah, I saw i as well

MR2-Sooner86
1/22/2008, 12:24 AM
Saw this movie last Friday and loved it. Everybody complains about "typical Hollywood trash" and yet when something new comes out they bitch? Oh well. The camera didn't bother me and I thought it was fine. My only complaint is that it was too short. They could have fit more into it.

Frozen Sooner
1/22/2008, 12:55 AM
Saw this movie last Friday and loved it. Everybody complains about "typical Hollywood trash" and yet when something new comes out they bitch? Oh well. The camera didn't bother me and I thought it was fine. My only complaint is that it was too short. They could have fit more into it.

There's a reason why it's the length it is. If you think about it, you'll figure out why.

Sooner_Havok
1/22/2008, 01:54 AM
You know, I really like the movie, but the critics saying that it was a cheap shot to take advantage of 9/11 need to pull their heads out of their asses! They didn't think flight 19, or the Nicholas Cage movie, 9/11, took advantage of it, but having one character ask if they are being attacked again is. I guess you can't have a movie allude to a REAL event. Or is it the fact that the movie took place in NYC that makes the movie a "horrible and tacky reminder of 9/11"

Let's run down possible US cities available for a sea monster attck.

NYC: 9/11, Off limits, only romantic comedies may be set in NYC

NOLA: Hurricane Katrina, Off limits, only movies with themes of rebuilding can be take place here.

LA: Riots, earthquakes, come on, you can't show LA get leveled, it may happen again for real some day.

San Diego: Is this really considered a big city, I mean I know it is big, but come on.

Houston: Same as San Diego, but can get Hurricanes, nope

Miami: Hurricanes

Seattle: The Super Sonics

I am left with one conclusion. If they do a sequel, the monster must attack Las Vegas. (But it must stay within 5,00ft of the New York New York hotel)

OUTromBoNado
1/22/2008, 04:14 AM
I saw something fall into the ocean during that clip, but my GF and basically everyone else missed it. But, here is the thing, I was totally into the viral marketing and read everything at the Slusho and Tagruato websites.

The Tagruato website is down, but before it went down if you clicked on headlines there was one about one of Tagruato's subsidies named Bold Futura. Well, a few day before the release of the movie they said they tracked something falling into the Atlantic Ocean with their new imaging satellite. They said they thought it was a piece off a Japanese satellite, but that was about it. I will look for mirror sites to see if I can't find that headline for you, but yeah, I saw i as well

I somewhat followed the viral marketing for the movie. That was one of the big draws for me. They did a really good job immersing the audience and making it seam "real."

dolemitesooner
1/22/2008, 02:21 PM
There's a reason why it's the length it is. If you think about it, you'll figure out why.
Could you peem me and tell me what this is. Or what you think the reason is./

Boomerbrad
1/22/2008, 02:29 PM
the average length of a camcorder tape is...

Great movie. It was pretty funny listening to folks gripe on the way out of the theater.

Sooner_Havok
1/22/2008, 06:22 PM
Tagruato's web site is back up find the one titled "Hatsui Satellite Works for the Futura (http://www.tagruato.jp/headlines.php)"

Sooner_Bob
1/22/2008, 06:42 PM
What surprises me is that you guys werent expecting to see something in that shot. It was a 5 second shot of the ocean from the ferris wheel. How did you miss the thing splashing into the water right behind the cruise ship thingie?? :)

I was so out of it by the time that scene came around I wasn't paying attention anyway.:O

soonerhubs
1/24/2008, 09:13 AM
OKC made the national news for this? (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,324850,00.html)

Harry Beanbag
1/24/2008, 05:01 PM

I was totally expecting to see something and I still missed it. :O

royalfan5
1/24/2008, 05:02 PM
OKC made the national news for this? (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,324850,00.html)
apparently OKC must have been the only place that posted warnings.

Sooner_Havok
1/24/2008, 07:59 PM
apparently OKC must have been the only place that posted warnings.

Guess people in the rest of the country new what "Shot in a style similar to a hand-held camera" meant. Got to give it to the average Okie, they aren't the brightest bunch.

OUAndy1807
1/24/2008, 08:09 PM
the viral marketing for this thing was amazing.

what is the scale of the monster?

Sooner_Havok
1/24/2008, 08:12 PM

Big

Frozen Sooner
1/24/2008, 08:12 PM

It's the green thing that flakes off when he scratches his back.

Sooner_Bob
1/24/2008, 09:25 PM
Heh scale . . . get it.

:)

Sooner_Havok
1/24/2008, 09:27 PM
It's the green thing that flakes off when he scratches his back.

You f'n hillbilly, them ain't scales, thems little critters! :D :D

Harry Beanbag
1/24/2008, 11:41 PM

I would say 300 to 400 feet tall.

Pricetag
2/4/2008, 01:27 PM
Yeah, but the break ins from the original tape served a purpose.
Not only that, but I loved the peek back at normality when everything had come undone. It makes the sense of loss that much more sickening.

Animal Mother
2/4/2008, 01:50 PM

"If " implies you having knowledge that Chug-a-lug or whatever has no nut sack. Did you ask it to turn it's head and cough and there was nothing for you to "handle" ???? To quote Count Floyd "Scary. Very scary!!!!"

Pricetag
2/4/2008, 02:42 PM
Also, I thought that chick that played Marlena was smoking.
I thought she looked kinda like Frodo.

stoopified
2/4/2008, 02:46 PM
3Stooges Meet Godzilla

bri
2/13/2008, 09:23 PM
My God, that movie couldn't have sucked more if they'd shot it in the inky vacuum of space. :mad:

KC//CRIMSON
2/13/2008, 09:49 PM
My God, that movie couldn't have sucked more if they'd shot it in the inky vacuum of space. :mad:

I actually thought it was pretty good minus the annoying camera man and gumby looking monster.

bri
2/13/2008, 10:14 PM
I guess I would have thought it was an alright movie...if I hadn't already seen The Blair Witch Project before.

And Dawson's Creek/The O.C. or any of those other "angsty" young adult shows where people really, really love each other but don't have the courage to tell them.

And the "Zeppo" episode of Buffy.

And any of the other dozens of things they ripped off for this abortion of a "film" and then congratulated themselves for being "innovative" and "original" for.

Oh well, at least the two hours I wasted on this dreck today will remind me to stay far away from The Poughkeepsie Tapes and Romero's Diary Of The Dead. The ONLY point-of-view, shot-on-camcorder movie I've ever seen that didn't suck out loud is still the first one, The Last Broadcast.

Gah.

sanantoniosooner
2/13/2008, 10:31 PM
I guess I would have thought it was an alright movie...if I hadn't already seen The Blair Witch Project before.

And Dawson's Creek/The O.C. or any of those other "angsty" young adult shows where people really, really love each other but don't have the courage to tell them.

And the "Zeppo" episode of Buffy.

And any of the other dozens of things they ripped off for this abortion of a "film" and then congratulated themselves for being "innovative" and "original" for.

Oh well, at least the two hours I wasted on this dreck today will remind me to stay far away from The Poughkeepsie Tapes and Romero's Diary Of The Dead. The ONLY point-of-view, shot-on-camcorder movie I've ever seen that didn't suck out loud is still the first one, The Last Broadcast.

Gah.
I would question the taste of someone with that resume anyway;)

KC//CRIMSON
2/13/2008, 10:35 PM
And the first company that can make a camcorder that puts out quality video after getting chewed by a monster, crashed in a helicopter, and blown to pieces and buried by a stealth fighter is going to make a fortune.:D

bri
2/13/2008, 10:38 PM
Yeah, that was one wicked resilient SD card.