PDA

View Full Version : Need webcam help please

Soonerbabeinbama
12/26/2007, 07:32 PM
Got my BF a webcam for Christmas. NOOOO, not for internet pron! He has three daughters that live out of state and they like to IM. Thought this would be nice so they could see and hear him. AIM 5.9 does not accomodate video. I can't get on AIM 6.5 because of a firewall thingy. I dissabled the firewall and still nada. Tried Windows Messenger and when we invited them to a video conference, message said they couldn't because they didn't have a webcam or audio. Now I know for a fact that both parties involved don't have to have a webcam for it to work. So wtf? The webcam works fine, just can't find an instant messaging site. Any suggestions? After we tackle this, we still have the MP3 player and digital picture frame to go. Can't get them to work either - sigh........this electronic klutz appreciates any help you can give!!:confused:

OCUDad
12/26/2007, 07:44 PM
Yahoo! Messenger. Trust me.

AOL has issues all over itself - among which are its constant attempts to take over your machine. AIM 6.5 has trouble with firewalls, proxies, and video exchanges whether or not both parties have a webcam.

I don't use MSN Messenger any more; never tried video with it. But Yahoo! Messenger is easy to use and doesn't require both parties to have webcams.

Tailwind
12/26/2007, 07:49 PM
Second that.

Soonerbabeinbama
12/26/2007, 07:55 PM
Okay, I'll try that. I'll just take AIM and Windows Messenger off. I appreciate your advice.:)

OKLA21FAN
12/26/2007, 07:56 PM
this thread is worthless without Yahoo IM invites!
:pop:

Soonerbabeinbama
12/26/2007, 07:58 PM
this thread is worthless without Yahoo IM invites!
:pop:
now just hold your tater there pardner, let me get this camera up and running first!!:cool:

Tailwind
12/26/2007, 08:07 PM
Lol! try getting anything AOL off your computer!

GrapevineSooner
12/26/2007, 08:09 PM
What OCU said.

Soonerbabeinbama
12/26/2007, 08:17 PM
got AIM off my computer fine. Now I can't get on Yahoo Messenger. Same old story - firewall BS.