PDA

View Full Version : Question about Burning DVD's

oupride
12/26/2007, 06:35 PM
I want to burn a dvd of an OU game onto a dvd. Is it possible to get more than 2 hours recorded onto a DVD+R, 4.7 GB, 2 Hrs, SP mode? I have deleted all commercials and half time, but there is still 2 Hrs and 22 mins left after I started with over 3 hours of game. I really would prefer one game on one disc. I am thinking about going back thru the process again and deleting field injuries, game-breaks, emily jones and post game comments of Coach Stoops! Any suggestions? BOOMER!

stoops the eternal pimp
12/26/2007, 06:54 PM
do you have dvd shrink? you can do it

oupride
12/26/2007, 07:13 PM
No, I guess not. I don't know what that is. Where can I get one?

Jmorales22
12/26/2007, 07:18 PM
You could always re-encode with DIVX and then burn the avi file onto a dvd-r. Then you can play it with a divx-certified DVD player. You could fit three games on one disc easily.

soonerboomer93
12/26/2007, 07:41 PM
what software are you editing/burning with. Some will change the quality to fit the whole game on a disc

Leroy Lizard
12/26/2007, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the title of this thread. Makes us all look real good. :rolleyes:

jwlynn64
12/26/2007, 11:12 PM
Just change the quality of the DVD. You should be able to change it to a 3 or 4 hour quality.

FirstandGoal
12/26/2007, 11:30 PM
I've heard that shrinkage occurs if you put it in really cold water.

Maybe try that. ;)

Flying Scotsman
12/26/2007, 11:42 PM
Wise guy........:D

soonerboy_odanorth
12/26/2007, 11:56 PM
Hey!

Yo!

Monkey-on-a-stick!

You ain't no eeg-no-ray-moose 'caus'in' yur a SOONER!!!

It's 'caus'in' yur a 'EFFIN HILLBILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get it right! der der dt-d-der!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/27/2007, 12:13 AM
Dear oupride; Kindly change the title of this thread. Yes, it gets people's attention, but it's objectionably demeaning, IMHO. Thanks for your indulgence, here.

AllAboutThe'O'
12/27/2007, 04:00 AM
I'm a college football junkie and this is the first year I've taped games on DVD. I always use extended-play DVDs, so I can tape up to eight hours on each one. Mostly, including the OU games, I usually tape them off the replays, especially if they're on FSN and ESPN because I know they'll show it again and I don't have to worry about going over recording time. I also taped the Florida-LSU and LSU-Alabama games from this year off the live CBS broadcasts but both games ran very long and went over the time I stopped recording each. Luckily, we have Cox Sports Television on our cable systems that show the full LSU replays so I was able to record the remainder of the games I had missed when taping it live. I did get smart and taped the Arkansas-LSU game off the Cox replay.
I'm really fired up about taping some bowl games once I get back to my house from Christmas vacation.

12/27/2007, 05:50 AM
I have about 450 games on disc and most games are 3 to 3 and 1/2 hours. I put them on 2 discs and never use 2 hours for each half. Even though it is tempting to try to cram that on one disc the quality really stinks when you use one disc and use the 3 hour, 4 hour or 6 hour setting. If you desire to put one game on one disc try using a dual layer disc, for you can put up to 4 hours of excellent quality on one of those. If not do not use anything more then the 2 hour mode, for each dvd+r for you will see a huge reduction in quality after that. Email me if you have any other questions for I have being doing these for close to 3 years now. Please try to preserve the entire game and use 2 regualr discs or 1 dual layer disc.

David Earl
12/27/2007, 08:51 AM
Sorry if I was outa line here but I fixed the thread title.

badnation
12/27/2007, 11:35 AM
I want to burn a dvd of an OU game onto a dvd. Is it possible to get more than 2 hours recorded onto a DVD+R, 4.7 GB, 2 Hrs, SP mode? I have deleted all commercials and half time, but there is still 2 Hrs and 22 mins left after I started with over 3 hours of game. I really would prefer one game on one disc. I am thinking about going back thru the process again and deleting field injuries, game-breaks, emily jones and post game comments of Coach Stoops! Any suggestions? BOOMER!

Have you tried a cloning program?

deweydw
12/27/2007, 03:56 PM
I'm a college football junkie and this is the first year I've taped games on DVD. I always use extended-play DVDs, so I can tape up to eight hours on each one. Mostly, including the OU games, I usually tape them off the replays, especially if they're on FSN and ESPN because I know they'll show it again and I don't have to worry about going over recording time. I also taped the Florida-LSU and LSU-Alabama games from this year off the live CBS broadcasts but both games ran very long and went over the time I stopped recording each. Luckily, we have Cox Sports Television on our cable systems that show the full LSU replays so I was able to record the remainder of the games I had missed when taping it live. I did get smart and taped the Arkansas-LSU game off the Cox replay.
I'm really fired up about taping some bowl games once I get back to my house from Christmas vacation.

Soooo, do you record to vhs and then tape it to a dvd? :confused:

I keed, I keed... Couldn't stop myself.