PDA

View Full Version : Thanks NFL!

OUsooner1
12/26/2007, 05:55 PM
So much for the NFL Network, now we all can see and enjoy the Patriots lose on Saturday. :D

CBS and NBC to Simulcast Patriots' Big Game

In a shocking move, the NFL has announced that this Saturday's big game between the New England Patriots and the New York Giants — in which the Pats will attempt to become the first NFL team to complete a 16-0 regular season — will be simulcast on the NFL Network, CBS and NBC (Dec. 29, 8 pm/ET). Originally the game was slated to air only on the NFL Net, but given that channel's limited reach (roughly 44 million homes), the league decided to make the much-hyped game available to the entire country. CBS and NBC will simulcast the NFL Net's feed, with Bryant Gumbel and Cris Collinsworth calling the game.

This is the first time ever an NFL game will be shown on three networks, and the first simulcast of any kind since the first Super Bowl in 1967 (on CBS and NBC).

“We have taken this extraordinary step because it is in the best interest of our fans,” NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said in a statement. “What we have seen for the past year is a very strong consumer demand for NFL Network. We appreciate CBS and NBC delivering the NFL Network telecast on Saturday night to the broad audience that deserves to see this potentially historic game. Our commitment to the NFL Network is stronger than ever.”
:pop:

soonermeteor
12/26/2007, 06:30 PM
I'm shocked they did it. Now I'm going to get suckered into watching hoping the giants do something they definitely won't and see the patri******s go 16-0. :rolleyes:

boomersooner28
12/26/2007, 09:05 PM
The NFL Network broadcast sucks major ***. I can barely stand to watch football on that network, and seriously doubt if I ever will again.

sooner59
12/26/2007, 09:28 PM
I was shocked as well when I heard of this. Its about time Goodell Castro loosened the reigns on the NFL network. And I agree, NFL network is hard to watch. The entire broadcast of games is horrible. Its almost as exciting to watch as a high school game broadcast-wise. The only thing I watched that was cool was the NFL combine. I got to see AD do his thing.

Leroy Lizard
12/26/2007, 10:07 PM
Whatever makes most of the NFL fans happy, I'm against. Go Patriots!

r5TPsooner
12/26/2007, 10:18 PM
Bryant Gumbell is just plain awful.

bluedogok
12/27/2007, 09:29 AM
For the Cowboysgame last weekend they had Deion on the game broadcast and between he and Collinsworth it was the least that I had heard Gumbel. Much better than usual. I will listen to the Patriots broadcast on Sirius and mute the Gumbel-ized audio anyway.

Go Pats....

C&CDean
12/27/2007, 09:34 AM
I care more about the pustule on my dog's *** than I care about this game.

SoonerStormchaser
12/27/2007, 09:36 AM
Can I watch :dean:??

perculator
12/27/2007, 10:34 AM
get ready for mucho commercials about calling your cable company and telling them to carry the freaking nfl network.
i have directv so i get it anyway. i actually watch quite a bit of the nfl network........bryant sucks bad.......BAD. but their superbowl champions series is GREAT!

soonerboy_odanorth
12/27/2007, 12:43 PM
"that channel's limited reach (roughly 44 million homes)"

Yeah, and uh, how many of those homes that the NFL Network is capable of reaching actually subscribe? A baker's dozen?... I'm probably overshooting the mark...

TheHumanAlphabet
12/27/2007, 01:06 PM
I could care less. All I know is that I don't want to be charged for the NFL Network. Don't mind if it is tiered, I most likely would not subscribe unless it is bundled with a college package. I mostly don't like the NFL strong-arm tactics.

Civicus_Sooner
12/27/2007, 02:24 PM
I like the NFL network's set crew way better than that group of misfits on CBS.

I wonder why NBC is broadcasting the game instead of FOX though.

Civicus_Sooner
12/27/2007, 02:26 PM
I could care less. All I know is that I don't want to be charged for the NFL Network. Don't mind if it is tiered, I most likely would not subscribe unless it is bundled with a college package. I mostly don't like the NFL strong-arm tactics.It's free on dish network and it's pretty darn cool during the long summer of (Bleh) baseball and XGames.

fadada1
12/27/2007, 02:50 PM
...with Bryant Gumbel and Cris Collinsworth calling the game.

ugh!!! maybe BBS will have the radio call, completing the trifecta.

stoopified
12/27/2007, 03:16 PM
IMHO it is the NFL,who cares?It is just football.OU football on the other hand is NOT a matter of life and death,it is more important than that.

AZSOONER
12/27/2007, 03:25 PM
Pats will win and shula can put his bottle of bubbly on the shelf for 1 more week.

Desert Sapper
12/27/2007, 03:46 PM
It's free on dish network and it's pretty darn cool during the long summer of (Bleh) baseball and XGames.

It's free on DirecTV, too, and I much agree. Any kind of football is better than most of the crap on over the late spring and early summer. Plus, they give you some college ball every now and again. I can't really complain, but I have the network, so I can see some of the **** and vinegar associated with not having it.