PDA

View Full Version : Hell has frozen over

Rhino
12/26/2007, 05:31 PM
The Big XII has finally nutted up to Bob Knight. Although it doesn't say what his punishment is.

Knight reprimanded for comment (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/basketball/ncaa/12/26/knight.ap/index.html)

LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) -- Texas Tech coach Bob Knight was reprimanded by the Big 12 for comments he made about officiating after a loss to New Mexico earlier this month.

The reprimand, issued Monday, resulted from Knight's arguing about Lobos freshman Dairese Gary's one-handed 47-footer at the halftime buzzer in New Mexico's 80-63 victory Dec. 15. Knight didn't think Gary released the shot in time.

"I thought it was a horrendous call," Knight said after the game.

Knight's comment violated the Big 12's sportsmanship code, which prohibits public comments about officiating, the conference said in a statement.

Knight and his spokesman couldn't immediately be reached Wednesday.

The Big 12 reviews officials' performances, including the accuracy of judgment calls, and coaches are given the opportunity to provide input, the Big 12 said. The season-long evaluation determines whether officials get future assignments in the conference.

New Mexico's win was the second for Lobos coach Steve Alford against Knight, his coach at Indiana.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/26/2007, 05:54 PM
I think the public reprimand is the punishment...and they probably have already called to apologize for that

OKC-SLC
12/26/2007, 05:55 PM
Now, I'll admit I didn't watch the game. But given the source, I'm gonna assume the 3 point basket at the end of the half of which he complains did not directly lead to the 17 point loss.

Again, I didn't watch the game. But what a doosh.

stoopified
12/27/2007, 03:12 PM
Now, I'll admit I didn't watch the game. But given the source, I'm gonna assume the 3 point basket at the end of the half of which he complains did not directly lead to the 17 point loss.

Again, I didn't watch the game. But what a doosh.Exactlt.Personally I didn't think the ANTI-CHRIST could be punished without the use of Holy Water and a wooden stake.

47Wins
12/30/2007, 12:59 AM
The sooner that jerk retires the better. He is a complete waste of oxygen.

GrapevineSooner
12/30/2007, 01:54 AM
If Weiberg was still the commish, the ref that blew the call would be out of a job.

OK, I dunno how he would have handled it ;). But it is nice to see Beebe nut up to one Robert Montgomery Knight.

usmc-sooner
12/30/2007, 01:41 PM
count me as not a B. Knight fan.

rubyspirit
12/30/2007, 02:38 PM
Knight needs to stop coaching. He yells at the kids in a hateful way. Its terrible. Why does he have a job? Retire already.