PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Sutton Coaching Again!?!?!?!

OUsooner1
12/26/2007, 05:13 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/7604316?MSNHPHMA

Legendary coach Eddie Sutton will take over as interim coach at San Francisco once Jessie Evans resigns the position, as he is expected to do Wednesday night, two industry sources told FOXSports.com.

Sutton, the long-time coach of Oklahoma State, retired in June of 2006, months after a traffic accident in which Sutton was found to have a blood alcohol content of nearly three times the legal limit.

Evans was expected to resign in the wake of his team losing five of its last six games in addition to the NCAA suspension of one of its international players.

The coach had a meeting scheduled with athletic director Debra Gore-Mann earlier in the day. USF said a major announcement was planned for Wednesday night.

A West Coast Conference official familiar with the situation told The Associated Press that Evans planned to announce he was stepping down at that time. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because there was no formal announcement.

Evans is in his fourth season at USF, which is 4-8 this year. He was hired from Louisiana-Lafayette in April 2004 to replace fired coach Phil Mathews.

This month, the NCAA suspended Dons senior forward Vince Polakovic for 24 games stemming from his participation with a German national team in 2004.

The school said at the time that several members from the German national team received stipends deemed by the NCAA "above actual and necessary expenses." San Francisco contended that Polakovic wasn't among those players who received payments and said it would appeal the suspension.

Evans coached on Lute Olson's staff at Arizona from 1988-97 and also worked as an assistant at Minnesota, Texas, Wyoming, and San Diego State before joining the Arizona staff. He helped lead the Wildcats to a 25-9 record and a national title in his ninth and final season with Arizona.

OUSKINS
12/26/2007, 05:22 PM
Wow. Just wow.

birddog
12/26/2007, 05:27 PM
geez skins, who did you pizz off?

Animal Mother
12/26/2007, 05:41 PM
Is it easier to score forged scripts in South Florida???

OKC-SLC
12/26/2007, 05:57 PM
Is it easier to score forged scripts in South Florida???
Long way to drive from the Bay Area, though.

(sorry)
;)

Dio
12/26/2007, 08:19 PM
I guess the Dons will be taking lots of winery tours up in Napa now.

OUSKINS
12/26/2007, 08:25 PM
geez skins, who did you pizz off?

I got three negs for the following thread for some reason. Oh well. :)

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105388

Newbomb Turk
12/26/2007, 08:29 PM
Eddie must want that 800th win.

tulsaoilerfan
12/26/2007, 08:47 PM
WTF????????????????????????????

colleyvillesooner
12/26/2007, 08:48 PM
Weak.

critical_phil
12/26/2007, 08:53 PM
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/4126/eddiepassedoutux2.jpg

OKC-SLC
12/26/2007, 09:16 PM
Eddie must want that 800th win.
Exactly.

goingoneight
12/26/2007, 09:42 PM
800 wins... no national championships...

Tear.

Rhino
12/26/2007, 10:32 PM
I'm sure he'll be able to scrounge up two wins to get to 800.

Maybe he can pick up four additional wins to replace the four asterisk-worthy wins Sean picked up, post-aggravated DUI.

Soonerus
12/26/2007, 10:35 PM
unbelievable...

bri
12/26/2007, 11:06 PM
Hell, if he wants some BS "milestone" bad enough to do this, more power to him.

Now, if the subject of this thread had been "Eddie Sutton Driving Again", then I would have had a problem. :D

OUsooner1
12/26/2007, 11:19 PM
Now, if the subject of this thread had been "Eddie Sutton Driving Again", then I would have had a problem. :D

LOL nice...All my creative thinking power has been lost since my 21st. Oh wait I don't think I ever had any!

SteelClip49
12/27/2007, 02:23 AM
Long Live Eddie Sutton!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great to see a legend coaching again. Who knows, something miraculous could happen and Sutton can deliver them their 3rd national title. Sutton is a great coach and can do wonders for any program. He is not after just 800, he is doing what he does best and that is coaching basketball.

critical_phil
12/27/2007, 02:36 AM
he is doing what he does best and that is coaching basketball.

orly?

he's pretty good at ****ing stuff up.

and drinking.

in fact, i'll bet he's hella good at quarters and up and down the river.

Flagstaffsooner
12/27/2007, 12:34 PM
Eddie and USF are a good fit with their storied pasts.

SteelClip49
12/27/2007, 05:40 PM
a red spek and a gray spek, hmmmm.

What do you neg spekkers have against him? I have always liked Sutton. He is a class guy, great coach, should already be in the Hall of Fame, wins whereever he goes. No one is perfect. So what if he has had alcohol problems in the past. Why hold that against him?

BTW, the fool who said I should stop posting on SF needs to back off; you need me to post stuff because you need some diversity on here whether it's good or bad. I will post whatever the hell I want and if you don't like it then tough luck.

birddog
12/27/2007, 05:55 PM
ociffer take me drunk, i'm home.:eddie:

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/27/2007, 06:16 PM
San Francisco is more prepared for Eddie than most places. They had a guy like a year ago, run over a bunch of kids and people. So at least the people are more aware of swerving cars. Plus maybe swerving over one of those hills will cause him to blow out the car before he gets a chance to run over any more innocent people!

tommieharris91
12/27/2007, 06:39 PM
The positive spin for OU fans on this situation should be that, since OU started the season by beating San Francisco, every win Eddie gets this season helps OU out by making our RPI and SOS better.

Thanks Eddie.

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/27/2007, 06:42 PM
I would rather our RPI suffer ;)

OSUAggie
12/27/2007, 07:10 PM
Hell, if he wants some BS "milestone" bad enough to do this, more power to him.

I think it's more about a personal goal than meeting some sort of milestone that could ensure his HOF status.

It's a bit of a shocker that it was at San Francisco, but whatever. Best of luck to all parties involved. I could see him staying there for a few seasons if he stays healthy (and/or sober).

walkoffsooner
12/27/2007, 08:38 PM
800 wins on the wall take one down and pass it around. I guess he thought would be more catchy than 798

crawfish
12/27/2007, 10:35 PM
You're all missing the obvious benefits of this situation.

For one, "a faceful of eddie" farks should come back into style, at least for a little while. :)

OUFAN29
12/27/2007, 11:11 PM
I'm sure he'll be able to scrounge up two wins to get to 800.

Maybe he can pick up four additional wins to replace the four asterisk-worthy wins Sean picked up, post-aggravated DUI.

He should get the two wins against my beloved Lions. Oh how I wish we were back in the days of Hank & Bo. RIP my friend.

Crimsontothecore
1/2/2008, 11:44 AM
There can't be any dignity in claiming two wins from a team you didn't recruit or coach. Maybe I can sit on the sidelines for a couple of OU games and claim I have two wins as a D1 coach:rolleyes:

Ash
1/2/2008, 12:11 PM
Any grown man that looses the lizard on a middle school wall while plastered in broad daylight and could have killed someone because he was driving an SUV while ****faced doesn't deserve the moniker of "class guy".

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/2/2008, 05:50 PM
There can't be any dignity in claiming two wins from a team you didn't recruit or coach. Maybe I can sit on the sidelines for a couple of OU games and claim I have two wins as a D1 coach:rolleyes:

Just do like most of the people on this board. There is about 100,000 fans that would be undefeated in football and basketball if they were coaches. I mean if Capel, Stoops, and Sampson were half as good at coaching as some of the people on this board...they would each have at least 8 National Titles ;)

stoopified
1/5/2008, 08:28 PM
The positive spin for OU fans on this situation should be that, since OU started the season by beating San Francisco, every win Eddie gets this season helps OU out by making our RPI and SOS better.

Thanks Eddie.Yeah but what if there are no wins?He is 0-2 at this point.

rubyspirit
1/6/2008, 02:00 PM
I wonder if he's paying them to let him coach.

Wouldn't it be crazy if the team doesn't win a game the rest of the year? Double LOL!