PDA

View Full Version : Dear toy makers...

SoonerObsession
12/25/2007, 11:30 PM
After helping my boys get their toys out of their boxes this Christmas, I throw up my white flag. You win! My butt is officially kicked. You fasten these things down so well that an f5 tornado couldn't get them loose. Seriously! Why you feel the need to fasten a ten dollar toy to a box with 20 twisty ties I'll never understand. I'm completely exhausted and you are the victor.

Sincerely,

Soonerobsession

Mongo
12/26/2007, 12:31 AM
no **** man, those twist ties are ridiculous.

what chaps my *** more than anything is the damn stickers you have to put on.

tbl
12/26/2007, 12:35 AM
I don't mind the stickers that much. The twist ties...

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2166083&postcount=24

However, I had a couple of toys that had a new method. It was a piece of plastic that you just turned 90 degrees and it popped out. Very nice... but the majority were still the twist ties. I had one present that had 17 on it, and the box wasn't any bigger than a large shoebox. Ridiculous.

85Sooner
12/26/2007, 08:53 AM
Garden shears make those twisties a breeze

stoops the eternal pimp
12/26/2007, 10:41 AM
I used linesman pliers on the kids toys...I already returned a gift that used 8 ag13 watch batteries that I gave to my daughter...90 bucks for the gift, 38 bucks for the batteries and it doesn't work..And why would you use those kind of batteries on a toy nursery set?

Sooner_Bob
12/26/2007, 10:43 AM
I hear ya . . . I wonder how much cheaper the toys would be if you they just came in a ziplock baggie. :D

Pricetag
12/26/2007, 03:28 PM
My son got a Diego doll that was actually sewn to the box. I had to snip a couple of threads to get it out.

SoonerObsession
12/26/2007, 03:47 PM
I'm sure the company makes the workers do this, but part of me pictures a little Chinese man with a evil smirk saying, "Stupid round eye Americans...take this!" :D

frankensooner
12/26/2007, 04:23 PM
I feel sorry for the poor folks that twist those ties. I guess they have some kind of machine to help them, but that would have to be the worst job evar. I use some super scissors on them. (The twistie ties not the chinese workers.)

85Sooner
12/26/2007, 04:29 PM
hOW ABOUT THE NEW STICKY MICROSCOPIC GOOEY PLASTIC STRINGY THINGS. tHAT WAS NEW.

frankensooner
12/26/2007, 04:36 PM
Barbies have had those for ages, they used them a lot in the boys stuff this year though.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/26/2007, 05:34 PM
hOW ABOUT THE NEW STICKY MICROSCOPIC GOOEY PLASTIC STRINGY THINGS. tHAT WAS NEW.

Yeah...I was taking my daughter's toys out and thinking what the heck is this? isn't the 15 tie downs on the 5 dollar toy enough?

r5TPsooner
12/26/2007, 05:48 PM
After helping my boys get their toys out of their boxes this Christmas, I throw up my white flag. You win! My butt is officially kicked. You fasten these things down so well that an f5 tornado couldn't get them loose. Seriously! Why you feel the need to fasten a ten dollar toy to a box with 20 twisty ties I'll never understand. I'm completely exhausted and you are the victor.

Sincerely,

Soonerobsession

WERD! I said F this and let my wife do it. We should let the toy companies handle airport security.