JohnnyMack
12/25/2007, 11:16 PM
Merry Christmas, You're dead.

Sincerely,

The San Francisco Zoo

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/12/25/tiger.attack/index.html

SoonerObsession
12/25/2007, 11:40 PM
Why kill the tiger? Tranquilizer guns are made for this reason. It's not the tiger's fault that he is a wild animal and has been brought into a public place. I feel for the deceased person and their family, but killing the tiger is not the best option in my opinion.

Turd_Ferguson
12/25/2007, 11:47 PM
Why kill the tiger? Tranquilizer guns are made for this reason. It's not the tiger's fault that he is a wild animal and has been brought into a public place. I feel for the deceased person and their family, but killing the tiger is not the best option in my opinion.

Police arrived on the scene as the tiger attacked two other patrons, Talmadge said. I would hope the popo wouldn't wait on a tranquilizer whilst I'm being et:D

SoonerObsession
12/25/2007, 11:48 PM
That's true. Guess I should have read it more thoroughly. :0

proud gonzo
12/25/2007, 11:54 PM
the article doesn't list a LOT of detail, so I'm sure they did what they had to. I also think it's a shame.

my guess is that somebody was doing the closing routine who isn't used to it and got startled or flustered or forgot something.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/26/2007, 12:02 AM
This thread is worthless without video...

(shame on me... )

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/26/2007, 12:07 AM
Can you imagine the HORROR the people felt in that cafe, when all of a sudden a TIGER WALKS IN?!?!?...YEOW!

1stTimeCaller
12/26/2007, 08:01 AM
"I believe there was probably some blood loss at the zoo, but here they are talking, they are alert, their vital signs are stable at this time," Isaacs said, adding that both men could be released as early as Wednesday.

A tiger attacks someone and there was probably some blood loss? GTFOH!!!

It's a good thing none of the ligers got out.

VeeJay
12/26/2007, 08:08 AM
One of the main problems in keeping a Siberian tiger in an ordinary suburban...AIIIEEEE! Oh Christ! There's a wasp in here!

Okla-homey
12/26/2007, 08:09 AM
the article doesn't list a LOT of detail, so I'm sure they did what they had to. I also think it's a shame.

my guess is that somebody was doing the closing routine who isn't used to it and got startled or flustered or forgot something.

I agree. Because I care, I propose the following new step be added to the San Francisco Zoo closing checklist:

Tiger Enclosure: Make sure door is shut and it is locked.

Oldnslo
12/26/2007, 12:27 PM
A few years back, we were at one of those "habitat" zoos. All that kept the animals in was a fence.

The Princess was about 4 years old. Maybe 5.

There was a tiger who was being kept apart from the rest. She had been injured and was recovering. She must've been in a bad mood.

Anyway, this tiger sees my daughter walk up from where the rest of my family was to where I was, watching this tiger. The tiger had been in the back of the habitat until spying my little girl.

there are no words to describe the power, speed and fluidity of motion with which the tiger moved. But for that thin fence, my daughter would be tiger poop, and there wouldn't have been a damn thing I could have done about it.

I gave me a new... appreciation for big cats. They ain't just large kittehs.

Hamhock
12/26/2007, 12:51 PM
now you guys have some appreciation for the danger involved in harvesting one, with nothing but a bow and arrow.

just like they did thousands of years ago.

BigRedJed
12/26/2007, 12:58 PM
http://idiom.ucsd.edu/~dennis/roy_tiger.gif

fadada1
12/26/2007, 01:18 PM
http://idiom.ucsd.edu/~dennis/roy_tiger.gif
that's wrong.

damn funny... but wrong.:D

fadada1
12/26/2007, 01:22 PM
anyone see the monsterquest on history channel about finding black cougars/mountain lions/pumas/catamounts???

either way, seems as though jaguars are about as ferocious as they come. beautiful animals. tigers are incredible. you run into any of these big cats, you're a goner. you might even lose in a fight against the neighbor's calico. if you win, you're still going to look like you lost.

skycat
12/26/2007, 01:59 PM
A few years back, we were at one of those "habitat" zoos. All that kept the animals in was a fence.

The Princess was about 4 years old. Maybe 5.

There was a tiger who was being kept apart from the rest. She had been injured and was recovering. She must've been in a bad mood.

Anyway, this tiger sees my daughter walk up from where the rest of my family was to where I was, watching this tiger. The tiger had been in the back of the habitat until spying my little girl.

there are no words to describe the power, speed and fluidity of motion with which the tiger moved. But for that thin fence, my daughter would be tiger poop, and there wouldn't have been a damn thing I could have done about it.

I gave me a new... appreciation for big cats. They ain't just large kittehs.

I saw something similair at a large lion exhibit with a glass wall at one end. I watched the lioness stalk, and then pounce at a small girl. It was amazing to watch. No athletic accomplished I've ever witnessed could hold a candle to this probably clumsy effort by an animal that wasn't a practiced hunter.

BigRedJed
12/26/2007, 02:02 PM
Polar bears (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsVD37IQM94) are scary too....

12/26/2007, 02:17 PM
Long ago, I heard that polar bears and bengal tigers are the two animals most likely to attack you in the wild. It was surmised that they view people as food, just as much as they do any other creature in their environment. They apparently don't fear people to the same degree as most animals.

VeeJay
12/26/2007, 04:29 PM
Unlike some animals, I reckon they haven't learned to run the other way when someone's pointing a gun at them.

C&CDean
12/26/2007, 04:56 PM
What cracks me up is the link on that article to another article where a dude in India stuck his arm into the tiger cage to get a better picture - and the tigers ripped it off at the shoulder causing the dumbass to bleed to death.

And y'all wonder why I despise cats.

12/26/2007, 05:04 PM
What cracks me up is the link on that article to another article where a dude in India stuck his arm into the tiger cage to get a better picture - and the tigers ripped it off at the shoulder causing the dumbass to bleed to death.

And y'all wonder why I despise cats. If dogs were as big and agile as tigers, you'de hate dogs, too.

IB4OU2
12/26/2007, 05:06 PM
If dogs were as big and agile as tigers, you'de hate dogs, too.

I love dogs because they hate cats.

C&CDean
12/26/2007, 05:07 PM

Huh?

There are dogs that are very big and very agile. They don't arbitrarily attack you as food.

Don't kid yourself for a second, your sweet little siamese FiFi La Stink would rip your lungs out and feast on them for dinner if she thought she was big enough to get away with it.

Cats are untrustworthy, deceitful, unloyal, and cruel creatures.

When I have to put a dog down I am sad. When I have to put a cat down I am much less sad.

12/26/2007, 05:09 PM
I love dogs because they hate cats. So, it's pus*y envy for you, Dean, and the dogs of the world?

C&CDean
12/26/2007, 05:12 PM
So, it's pus*y envy for you, Dean, and the dogs of the world?

"Cats are living proof that not everything in nature serves a function."

Gerrison Keillor.

VeeJay
12/26/2007, 05:15 PM
I do believe with all my heart that "Tatiana" was not the right name for this beast.

12/26/2007, 05:16 PM
"If it wasn't for guns, cats would rule the world"
-Mayra Veronica

C&CDean
12/26/2007, 05:19 PM
I ate mountain lion up in Colorado last year. Tasted like *****.

JohnnyMack
12/26/2007, 05:19 PM
Show me one dog on the planet that could hang with a tiger.

Werewolfs don't count, seein' as I've never seen one.

IB4OU2
12/26/2007, 05:21 PM
So, it's pus*y envy for you, Dean, and the dogs of the world?

No envy. If any dog were the size of a tiger, it'd kick the tigers arse.

C&CDean
12/26/2007, 05:23 PM
Show me one dog on the planet that could hang with a tiger.

Werewolfs don't count, seein' as I've never seen one.

And WTF is your point Old Bastard breath?

No doubt a tiger is a mad killing machine. This ain't about who could kick who's ***. It's about disloyal animals that will eat your *** in a heartbeat. Keep up.

JohnnyMack
12/26/2007, 05:25 PM
It's Arrogant Bastard, and I had some a few days ago. Still tasty. :D

We should start a pole who would win between a Siberian Tiger and a Werewolf.

My money is on the tiger.

IB4OU2
12/26/2007, 05:29 PM
When I was just a young kid about 5 in Norman I was standing in the driveway of a neighbor down on Timberdale and this fricking Siamese cat came out of no where clawing and biting the **** out of me for no reason. I did'nt know the cat was even around. I've hated cats ever since that day.

12/26/2007, 05:31 PM
No doubt a tiger is a mad killing machine. This ain't about who could kick who's ***. It's about disloyal animals that will eat your *** in a heartbeat. Wrong, it's about who's in charge. Dogs think it's man, and cats think NOT.

birddog
12/26/2007, 05:33 PM
It's Arrogant Bastard, and I had some a few days ago. Still tasty. :D

We should start a pole who would win between a Siberian Tiger and a Werewolf.

My money is on the tiger.

how about three mini ditkas v. a siberian tiger?

12/26/2007, 05:33 PM
When I was just a young kid about 5 in Norman I was standing in the driveway of a neighbor down on Timberdale and this fricking Siamese cat came out of no where clawing and biting the **** out of me for no reason. I did'nt know the cat was even around. I've hated cats ever since that day.Dude, you've had rabies all these years. No wonder the pi*s poor attitude!

C&CDean
12/26/2007, 05:36 PM
My "I hate cats" dealio started when I was about 5 too.

A little sparrow had made a nest too low in a peach tree. The neighbor's cat knocked all the babies out of the nest and just batted them around like toys. It bit some of them, but not to death or anything. Didn't eat a single one. It just played with/tortured the babies, and then left them when I yelled at it.

Needless to say, it warmed the cockles of my heart to see that same cat get his feline *** handed to him by a couple mocking birds a few weeks later. And finally, my dad's Norwegian Elkhound killed the cat the following year.

The dog hated that damn cat and the cat would sit up on the brick wall teasing the dog - just out of reach. One day my pop got tired of it and went out there and goes "here kitty, kitty, kitty..." The cat came to him, he picked it up, and threw it over the wall where Roscoe was waiting. It kinda went like "chomp, yeow, yeow, chomp chomp chomp" and the dog was shaking that POS cat like a rag. After Roscoe was done, my pop threw him over the fence into the neighbor's yard.

The moral of the story? Cats kill for fun. Dogs kill because something needs killing.

IB4OU2
12/26/2007, 05:39 PM
Dude, you've had rabies all these years. No wonder the pi*s poor attitude!

The cat was the neighbors pet and definately not rabid... just mean and you can't trust 'em.

12/26/2007, 05:48 PM
My "I hate cats" dealio started when I was about 5 too.

A little sparrow had made a nest too low in a peach tree. The neighbor's cat knocked all the babies out of the nest and just batted them around like toys. It bit some of them, but not to death or anything. Didn't eat a single one. It just played with/tortured the babies, and then left them when I yelled at it.

Needless to say, it warmed the cockles of my heart to see that same cat get his feline *** handed to him by a couple mocking birds a few weeks later. And finally, my dad's Norwegian Elkhound killed the cat the following year.

The dog hated that damn cat and the cat would sit up on the brick wall teasing the dog - just out of reach. One day my pop got tired of it and went out there and goes "here kitty, kitty, kitty..." The cat came to him, he picked it up, and threw it over the wall where Roscoe was waiting. It kinda went like "chomp, yeow, yeow, chomp chomp chomp" and the dog was shaking that POS cat like a rag. After Roscoe was done, my pop threw him over the fence into the neighbor's yard.

The moral of the story? Cats kill for fun. Dogs kill because something needs killing.I've seen dogs kill for fun, too. For example, I doubt your dog would have eaten the cat your dad had Roscoe kill. But, pound for pound, the cat is a superior animal. Dogs aren't nearly as agile or capable of fending for themselves as a cat is. Nobody's arguing that dogs suck up to people more than (most)cats do.

Hey, you can take all the tigers in the world, and put 'em down, or put them in zoos, or somehow remove them from people, since people and tigers don't mix.

12/26/2007, 05:50 PM
The cat was the neighbors pet and definately not rabid... just mean and you can't trust 'em.I suggest you get a rabies test.

IB4OU2
12/26/2007, 05:56 PM
I suggest you get a rabies test.

This reminds me of the last episode of "The Office". Are you Dwight?

12/26/2007, 06:00 PM
This reminds me of the last episode of "The Office". Are you Dwight?Yeah, you got 'em, alright.

BigRedJed
12/26/2007, 08:22 PM
Huh?

There are dogs that are very big and very agile. They don't arbitrarily attack you as food.

Don't kid yourself for a second, your sweet little siamese FiFi La Stink would rip your lungs out and feast on them for dinner if she thought she was big enough to get away with it...
While I have grown to like cats as an adult, I cannot disagree with that statement. Even when I've been around cats that I really like, it's always been in the back of my mind that the cat was sizing me up to figure out if it could kill me at some point.

KC//CRIMSON
12/26/2007, 09:32 PM
First the tiger, and now Sutton. SF must be bumm'n.

olevetonahill
12/26/2007, 09:41 PM
Whats all this Hating on Cats ?
MY weinie Likes ***** :D

VeeJay
12/27/2007, 08:17 AM
Whats all this Hating on Cats ?
MY weinie Likes ***** :D

They's a difference in the four legged and the two legged variety.

Just sayin.'

Hamhock
12/27/2007, 09:56 AM
They's a difference in the four legged and the two legged variety.

Just sayin.'

not much.

Miko
12/27/2007, 01:04 PM
I have never cared for cats. What's worse is that Mrs. Miko got a kitty. She no longer cares for the kitty, and as she's incubating a future Sooner linebacker right now, can't be around him. So I am stuck with feeding the lil' bastd. I still don't care for cats, but this one will act like he likes me when its feeding time and he thinks its always feeding time.

12/27/2007, 01:12 PM
I have never cared for cats. What's worse is that Mrs. Miko got a kitty. She no longer cares for the kitty, and as she's incubating a future Sooner linebacker right now, can't be around him. So I am stuck with feeding the lil' bastd. I still don't care for cats, but this one will act like he likes me when its feeding time and he thinks its always feeding time.So, you got yourself a friendly one. I bet your animosity will diminish.

TheHumanAlphabet
12/27/2007, 01:20 PM
The news is reporting that the three people in question may have been taunting the tiger. I wonder what will happen if this is confirmed. I would lose any and all sympathy for the victims if true.

Miko
12/27/2007, 01:38 PM
AND, are lsu, auburn, and mizzou going to have to change thier mascots now as a show of sensitivity?

12/27/2007, 01:43 PM
AND, are lsu, auburn, and mizzou going to have to change thier mascots now as a show of sensitivity?No way, the tiger is the victim here.Those stupid humans deserved what they got, since the tiger was just behaving naturally.

Jerk
12/27/2007, 01:44 PM
The news is reporting that the three people in question may have been taunting the tiger. I wonder what will happen if this is confirmed. I would lose any and all sympathy for the victims if true.
If true, they will sue the place for 200 million dollars. They will claim that the zoo is liable for their own negligence. Wait, that doesn't sound right. I'm trying to say that the negligence of the victims is the reason for the lawsuit. "I was negligent, so I'm going to sue you!" Damn, I should have studied in skool.

Miko
12/27/2007, 02:10 PM
How do you taunt a tiger? I mean, aside from our neighbors from MO.

Call him a pu**y? Show him a piece of string but don't let him catch it? They use a laser pointer? Tell him he looks like a lynx??

TheHumanAlphabet
12/27/2007, 02:21 PM
How do you taunt a tiger? I mean, aside from our neighbors from MO. ??

Accroding to what I read (I know...don't believe...) they found shoes and some clothing or such in the moat area (or some place in the "no-mans-land" area) and think they may have been dangling their legs over the wall or some such.

Jerk
12/27/2007, 02:21 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20071227/capt.6bd8b95ff26d49f0bee6bd68e799ace9.tiger_escape s_canb116.jpg

Leigh Lawson stands in front of the San Francisco Zoo on Wednesday, Dec. 26, 2007, protesting the killing of a Siberian tiger that killed one person and injured two others on Christmas Day. Police officers shot the tiger after it escaped from its enclosure and attacked the three visitors. Lawson, picketing alone, outside the zoo Wednesday afternoon, says she wishes officers had tranquilized the animal instead.

Jerk
12/27/2007, 02:24 PM
Accroding to what I read (I know...don't believe...) they found shoes and some clothing or such in the moat area (or some place in the "no-mans-land" area) and think they may have been dangling their legs over the wall or some such.

:eek:<---what the taunters' faces looked like after the cat jumped the 20 foot wall.

"Throw another pine cone at me now, bitches!"

TheHumanAlphabet
12/27/2007, 02:27 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20071227/capt.6bd8b95ff26d49f0bee6bd68e799ace9.tiger_escape s_canb116.jpg

Leigh Lawson stands in front of the San Francisco Zoo on Wednesday, Dec. 26, 2007, protesting the killing of a Siberian tiger that killed one person and injured two others on Christmas Day. Police officers shot the tiger after it escaped from its enclosure and attacked the three visitors. Lawson, picketing alone, outside the zoo Wednesday afternoon, says she wishes officers had tranquilized the animal instead.

Regardless of how it went down, I'm thinking cops see tiger munching on guy and then lunges at said cops. Yeah right, let me go and retrieve the tranquilizing gun...

Miko
12/27/2007, 02:34 PM
Where's the HONK IF YOU MISS OUR 17 YR OLD KID sign??

Poor misguided twit.

Hamhock
12/27/2007, 02:43 PM
Regardless of how it went down, I'm thinking cops see tiger munching on guy and then lunges at said cops. Yeah right, let me go and retrieve the bow and arrow...

fixed

VeeJay
12/27/2007, 02:43 PM
I'm guessing there's a tree around the tiger cage that she and some of her pals can take up residence in.

VeeJay
12/27/2007, 02:45 PM
If I were the cop who offed the animal, I'd want that head mounted and put up on my wall.

That sumbitch would bring some serious jack on e-bay.

Miko
12/27/2007, 02:47 PM
Don't they have hostage negotiators on staff that could have reasoned with the beast and brought this whole thing to a peacful conclusion?????

Miko
12/27/2007, 02:57 PM

Leigh Lawson stands in front of the San Francisco Zoo on Wednesday, Dec. 26, 2007, protesting mindlessly:

a) while doing her famous Venus DeMilo impersonation
b) after having lost both arms in an unrelated tiger mauling incident
c) after having laid down her arms in the interest of world peace

:rolleyes:

Civicus_Sooner
12/27/2007, 02:57 PM
I think the zoo is without question running interference (The taunting business) to lessen the liability of one dead two mauled by their tiger that had already mauled one person.

If it were my child, I'd own the damn place by the time I was finished with them.

12/27/2007, 03:02 PM
Don't they have hostage negotiators on staff that could have reasoned with the beast and brought this whole thing to a peacful conclusion?????You're expecting too much from th K-9 Corps, my friend!

12/27/2007, 04:16 PM
If I were the cop who offed the animal, I'd want that head mounted and put up on my wall.

That sumbitch would bring some serious jack on e-bay.You orta call the SFPD and make an offer for the tiger corpse. Let us know what they tell you, pls.

VeeJay
12/27/2007, 04:21 PM
I called. An effeminate male answered the phone and asked me if i'd like to go spend a weekend in Napa with him. :mad:

12/27/2007, 04:45 PM
I called. An effeminate male answered the phone and asked me if i'd like to go spend a weekend in Napa with him. :mad:If he brings the skinned tiger with him, it might be worth it, eh?

olevetonahill
12/27/2007, 06:11 PM
I think the zoo is without question running interference (The taunting business) to lessen the liability of one dead two mauled by their tiger that had already mauled one person.

If it were my child, I'd own the damn place by the time I was finished with them.
Id like to think a Kid of mine would have more since than to taunt a Big ole Cat
Just sayin

12/27/2007, 07:21 PM
Id like to think a Kid of mine would have more since than to taunt a Big ole Cat
Just sayinCondolences, Olevet.

Okla-homey
12/27/2007, 07:30 PM

Problem with that notion is, you can bet your arse California, like most places, makes it tough, if not impossible to sue non-profit corporations.
I'd bet they have some sort of limited liability statute for non-profits.

Best hope for the dead guy's family is that zoo had liability insurance.

olevetonahill
12/27/2007, 08:29 PM
Condolences, Olevet.
HUH ?:confused:

olevetonahill
12/27/2007, 08:32 PM
Problem with that notion is, you can bet your arse California, like most places, makes it tough, if not impossible to sue non-profit corporations.
I'd bet they have some sort of limited liability statute for non-profits.

Best hope for the dead guy's family is that zoo had liability insurance.
Besides that what the hells the family gonna do with a Zoo ?
Have More kids so they can feed the animals ?
Oh Im so Bad

Jerk
12/27/2007, 10:47 PM

I don't know, man. I have a 100 pound dog, pound for pound a dog is 3x stronger than a man. He is a German Shepherd and his bite measures 750 pounds per square inch. It only takes 400 to snap a human arm. He is so big and powerful that he has accidently knocked old ladies over on accident and cleared tables with his broad and powerful tail.

Yet, he has never so much as broken my skin (and we rough house a lot!). We have cats around here and he has never harmed one of them (one bite, they're toast.

Now take a cat, which is God's most perfect predator. They are a hunting machine designed to kill. Now, don't get me wrong, I love cats. And we have one cat in particular that is as loving as all get out. But would I want her to be Brodee's size? Not no, but hell no.

12/27/2007, 11:24 PM
Now take a cat, which is God's most perfect predator. They are a hunting machine designed to kill. Now, don't get me wrong, I love cats. And we have one cat in particular that is as loving as all get out. But would I want her to be Brodee's size? Not no, but hell no.A 100lb. cat would not be a safe pet to have, at all.

Civicus_Sooner
12/28/2007, 10:56 AM
Anyone else see on the news last night that the so called "20 foot wall" was measured and it was actually a 12 foot wall?

picasso
12/28/2007, 01:21 PM

she woulda pooped her pants.

Miko
12/28/2007, 05:34 PM
she woulda pooped her pants.

Or tried to hug the pretty kitty. I figured that's what happened to her arms. She went from tree-hugging to tiger hugging and it didn't work out for her.