PDA

View Full Version : Venables backs his defense

MextheBulldog
12/25/2007, 10:57 PM
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/article.aspx?articleID=071224_2_B1_hOUco04101

"There's not a better conference offensively anywhere in the country than the Big 12 this year," Venables said. "And it's not even debatable. The ACC stinks, the Big East, you know, the SEC, you've got Florida and Arkansas as the two best offenses. Other than that, the Pac-10 isn't what the Pac-10 is typically and the Big Ten, that's primitive."

goingoneight
12/25/2007, 11:09 PM
They better be checking their quotes... Venables is NOT known for saying someone "stinks" and rarely uses the "you know."

I agree that we're an "offensive" conference... which could lead to the conference's downfall in the post-season. We've proven all year long what a good defense does to the likes of Missouri and OSU. And none of these "offensive teams" scare me as an outsider looking in in terms of their ability to play defense. Colorado on a good day, maybe.

Big Red Ron
12/25/2007, 11:25 PM
Sounds like Brent but after a couple drinks.

rainiersooner
12/26/2007, 01:45 AM
I like the shot he took at Les Miles.

Crucifax Autumn
12/26/2007, 03:55 AM
Sounds like Brent but after a couple drinks.

Well, it IS the holiday season!

zeke
12/26/2007, 09:46 AM
I like him, always have. Would I like Mike back...yes, but who wouldnt?
I'm glad BV is on our sideline

OKC-SLC
12/26/2007, 11:13 AM
i find it hard to believe he said that about the big east, sec, and big 10. if so, good for him. i don't disagree. but he's jockeying for career opportunities and he just might land in one of these conferences.

cccasooner2
12/26/2007, 01:21 PM
i find it hard to believe he said that about the big east, sec, and big 10. if so, good for him. i don't disagree. but he's jockeying for career opportunities and he just might land in one of these conferences.

Don't worry, none of those places read "Tulsa World".

CatfishSooner
12/26/2007, 04:40 PM
nice ...hahaa

KingDavid
12/26/2007, 07:29 PM
If he did say those things, that's some serious bulletin board material for future N/C foes.

Big 10 = primitive. That's funny stuff right there, folks.

Crucifax Autumn
12/27/2007, 04:08 AM
Blah...If they do read Tulsa World they'll know he's right....

And they drink the eggnog too!

TripleOption14
12/27/2007, 08:47 AM
The Weak 10 is EXTREMELY primitive but the real funny thing is when teams do run a spread O they normally get a lot of W's. A la Ohio St. w/ troy smith and Illinois this year. But then for some reason they will go back to their 1965 power I set the following year and be crap on offense again. You just wanna shake em and say let go of your damnable 1965 golden years!!! This is probably the main reason the conf. is sooooo weak. Other conf.'s offensive schemes have evolved but the Weak 10 is still running an offensive scheme from the dark ages.

What team am I....

"....And the offense will come to the line in an I-formation...the give is to the RB who runs off tackle for a 2 yd. gain." ????

Give up

Try every Weak 10 team except Illinois.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/27/2007, 12:36 PM
I would rather the quote not have gotten out....

But just the same, won't it be a stitch if tOSU just pounds the rock all day against LSU and wins like 6-0 on two field goals?

That would make me smile.

The only thing that would make me smile more is if both tOSU and LSU went Florida State on the bit and were forced to bring the equivalent of a couple practice squads down to N.O.