PDA

View Full Version : Whats new............tha NCAA sucks

85Sooner
12/25/2007, 08:02 PM
What the hell is this. NO football on christmas eve or Christmas? When has that ever happened. I have no desire to see 7 ft guys put a ball in a hole designed for 5 ft white guys. Wheres the Beef???????????????????????????

SoonerLB
12/25/2007, 08:05 PM
What he said! ;)

47Wins
12/25/2007, 08:10 PM
That's something I've never understood. The goal in Basketball is the same height for boys and girls from grade school to the pro's. Where's the challenge to that. With some of the college and nba players it's a matter of dropping the ball downward to dunk. College should be say 11-12 feet and the nba 12-13 feet now let's see who can slam one home.

OU-HSV
12/25/2007, 08:13 PM
Exactly what I was thinking 85.

oudivesherpa
12/25/2007, 08:41 PM
What the hell is this. NO football on christmas eve or Christmas? When has that ever happened. I have no desire to see 7 ft guys put a ball in a hole designed for 5 ft white guys. Wheres the Beef???????????????????????????

Chill, what are you going to do after Jan 7th? Go to football detox?

yermom
12/25/2007, 08:49 PM
i know i am :O

SoonerLB
12/26/2007, 12:45 AM
Chill, what are you going to do after Jan 7th? Go to football detox?

That's where I need to go...........untill Nascar starts anyway! ;) :D

SteelClip49
12/26/2007, 12:50 AM
darn, letting the players and coaches having Christmas off to actually celebrate it with loved ones who are on the road with them whereever their bowl destination is.

Frozen Sooner
12/26/2007, 12:54 AM
The NCAA does not run any bowls. Take it up with the bowl committees. They set the game dates.

insuranceman_22
12/26/2007, 01:15 AM
True indeed boss.....I thought an East - West game or something like that might be on, but alas nothing....or some type of Senior Bowl game

Snrfn4ever08
12/26/2007, 01:27 AM
even if there was no way they would schedule a bowl game, they could have at least given us an NFL game to watch today. they play some games on thanksgiving, why not christmas too?

OklahomaTrombone
12/26/2007, 03:11 AM
:cry:

Crucifax Autumn
12/26/2007, 03:48 AM
I wish there'd been a game on too, though it is probably nice for the players to have the time with family.

bluedogok
12/26/2007, 10:56 AM
The NCAA does not run any bowls. Take it up with the bowl committees. They set the game dates.
They don't want to go up against the Christmas Story marathon on TNT...

I think it is more ESPN/ABC that is setting the schedules, they are trying to build up their NBA investment for when the CFB/NFL season is over. I remember games like the Sun Bowl on Christmas Day but since pretty much no one but ESPN/ABC has games anymore they control everything.

RedstickSooner
12/26/2007, 12:14 PM
Once again, this is the sort of thing where our Congress could actually be put to good use.

ANY year in which Christmas falls on a Tuesday, the vast majority of us are gonna take off Monday -- ergo, there should be, at a minimum, two bowl games played DURING THE DAY on that Monday.

The lack of football on Christmas Eve was absolutely despicable. I actually found a pre-taped CFL game playing on World Sports Net and put it on, for shi-ites and giggles.

But I switched it off after half a quarter. Had it been live, I probably would have watched it, and rooted for whichever team seemed less French. But instead, it was like watching a game on ESPN Classic... Between teams you've never heard of, in a conference you're not familiar with.

soonersweetie
12/26/2007, 05:11 PM
yea, i was expecting football too :(

as for football detox, i'm already signed up. By the time I'm through with that, the NFL draft will come along with just enough football to tease me-then nothing, zilch til preseason nfl in late summer :(

football should be year round..at least that's my selfish illogical thought process ;)

ouwasp
12/26/2007, 07:45 PM
Yeah, you'd think some second-rate bowl would love to be the only game available. The routine of watching some meaningless game at my in-laws was replaced with some old Clint Eastwood movie...

The NBA is ___.

Leroy Lizard
12/26/2007, 10:04 PM
I wish there'd been a game on too, though it is probably nice for the players to have the time with family.

As if anyone in here cares about the players. :rolleyes:

Crucifax Autumn
12/27/2007, 04:02 AM
What's your deal? Some of us just want a proper balance and can see your points and those of your opposition. Do you realize how many times I've agreed with you on assorted points? How many times I've green spekked ya despite popular opinion?

Why call me out and alienate yourself further? You've been negged into oblivion and you act like this toward someone who's remained unbiased and given up the green when you've had a well thought out argument?

And seriously...some of the argument has been over Lendy Holmes and you claim to be a professor...Maybe it's just crappy teaching that drags these boys down! Maybe we need a better basket-weaving teacher than you!

Leroy Lizard
12/27/2007, 08:04 AM
Crucifax, relax (hey that rhymes). My post wasn't aimed at you. I was using your well-justified sentiment to dig into the other posters in this forum.

For the record, I applaud your post.

Leroy Lizard
12/27/2007, 08:04 PM
Basket weaving? What the hey?