PDA

View Full Version : Well, what did you do today?

Okla-homey
12/25/2007, 05:20 PM
Me?

Thanks for asking. Slept in. 'til 0700.

Woke up Blonde Daughter at 0900 who joined me, Mrs. Homey and my 'rents who are up from Ard Vegas. About 0930, we had the opening ceremonies.

After the presents were opened, we enjoyed a delicious brunch smorgasboard prepared by the best cook ever to be stolen from Souse Cackalackey and drug kickin' and screamin' to the Sooner State. (just kiddin', if we had salt water, she figures Oklahoma would be just about perfect.)

Late morning into early afternoon spent hanging out. Reminiscing.

Late afternoon, went for a trot on the ol' Creek Turnpike Trail. No traffic. sunny but breezy. Nice.

Now, at 1600, Mrs Homey is finishing up Christmas Dinner. We're having roast Cornish hens with orange glaze, wild rice, fresh asparagus with homemade Hollandaise sauce, fresh yeast rolls, and more cakes and pies than you can shake a stick at.

After our repaste, we may drive around and look at lights.

danged thrilling ain't it? You?

:pop:

OUHOMER
12/25/2007, 05:57 PM
Sleep in till about 0700 myself, had the wifes family over last night. My sister and nephew (3 yrs old) spent the night. He said there was no Santa Clause, So i just happened to have a Santa suite, So i got dressed and had the wife film me delivering his gifts. he got up and showed him the film and the kid thought that was the neatest thing. his eyes were huge watching it.

did the opening thing. Had a big breakfast, played with our new toys, took a nap. Thats about it so far.

Nice just having all the kids at home together. That was the best present

ChickSoonerFan
12/25/2007, 05:59 PM
I woke up at 7:30, could not BELIEVE my little ones were still asleep, it was LIGHT OUTSIDE!! Got up, made a quiche, went and listened at their bedroom door, put the raisin bread in the oven to warm, went to listen again, no sounds, cut cantelope, checked one more time, still nothing, poured some apple juice. STILL NOTHING!!

So I opened the door and woke them up. The little one slept in the older one's room last night. They were very sweet and excited to see first see if Santa had eaten the cookies and pretzels we left for him.

Then saw what Santa brought. Emma was so confused on who to thank for the Santa stuff, she kept thanking me. It was cute. Parents came over and my aunt. We kept opening and snacking on the goodies.

Took them to their dad's at 11:00 and watched them open more presents there. Left them with their dad to do his family's Christmas.

Came home and cleaned up the house. Went and saw I Am Ledgend with my aunt. Now am homing resting before I go get the girls at 6:00 from their dad's.

It was a wonderful Christmas. The best one I can remember. I think I say that every year. But the girls were very sweet and thankful and got along so well.

We will chill and play with all the new toys tonight.

critical_phil
12/25/2007, 06:42 PM
i woke up at ~ 0800 and started cooking.

i received my first call @ 0900. made a visit and came back to tend to my cooking. received my 2nd call at ~ 1100. that patient didn't make it.

i showed up at my in-laws' noon christmas dinner around 3:30.

so basically i worked all day.

happy little baby jesus day to me.

SoonerBOI
12/25/2007, 06:46 PM
We spent Christmas afternoon watching movies of my wife, her parents, and her sister from the time my wife was a toddler until she was about 16 years old. It was really eye-opening! Laughing at the wrong times can really get you into trouble with something like this...:D

GottaHavePride
12/25/2007, 06:56 PM
I slept in until our bird went off at about 7:50.
(By which I mean at 7:50 the cockatoo started shouting "HELLO! WHATCHA DOIN'? GHP!" - ok, he said my actual name, not "ghp"...)
Then, had breakfast.
Opened presents.
Called Grandma in New Jersey.
Messed around with new stuff.
Went to see Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium
(btw, Natalie Portman = HAWT)
About to have dinner.
Later will go over to S's house to give her her present. ;)

OKLA21FAN
12/25/2007, 07:06 PM
did Xmas lite this year.

woke up
cooked breakfast
went to see 'Charlie Wilson's War'
smoking a pork tenderlion

maybe one of the best and lease stressful xmass evar

Melo
12/25/2007, 07:17 PM
We had the family over yesterday for dinner, and what not.
Slept in till about 11:30.
Grandpa came over.
Opened gifts.
I sat around by myself all day.
Hung out with a friend for an hour or two.
Came home, ate leftover Christmas dinner.
About to go out with some friends to watch the new AVP movie.
Then I have some stuff to do for work before the night is over with.

soonerboomer93
12/25/2007, 07:21 PM
6:15 wake up call from C
settled her down, got her to get some sleep since she wasn't feeling well
crashed for 30 more minutes
got up, cleaned up, had breakfast
7:15 picked up my assistant, went to to work
noonish had long lunch that client provided, didn't drink the champagne because I felt like crap. Made it back to office around 1:30 (sometimes it's good to stay late chatting with da boss and clients)
Tired not to fall asleep at work (only medicine I have right now makes me drowsy, I gave all the non-drowsy stuff to C because it's much better the locally available stuff)
5:45 left work
6:30 dropped off my assistant, got home (45 minutes for 15km :mad:)
napped for 20 minutes
7ish picked up C and took her to dinner
made it home about 11:30, cleaned dishes and crashed about midnight.

(that's yesterday, 'cause like today is the 26th now)

TopDaugIn2000
12/25/2007, 07:21 PM
got up about 8 and cooked a quick breakfast (scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, whole wheat toast).

lounged around visiting with the family (the came in Sunday nite)

made lunch: grilled t-bones (and chicken breast for grandpa), baked sweet potatoes, salad, spinach and artichoke dip, chocolate banana cream pie.

they left around 3. I took a NAP. Need to tidy up a bit, but I probably won't get off the couch to do so.

tommieharris91
12/25/2007, 07:23 PM
It all started at Midnight Mass last night. Afterwards, a few of my friends and I went to IHOP (I tipped the nice gal 100%). It was tasty.

9:30am my sis wakes me up, and we open presents. After that, I took a nap around noon. Woke up round 2:00 and cut some trees round my house.

Just ate some pretty good pork tenderloin, and we will prolly watch The Simpsons Movie later tonight.

Petro-Sooner
12/25/2007, 07:24 PM
Did Christmas with the fam Sunday. But got a call from an old college friend inviting me over to hang out with her, her two little ones and husband. Played Wii for the first time. Had a good time.

OUinFLA
12/25/2007, 07:26 PM
Well, after I opened my daughter's (Tulsa girl) gift, and then decided I was going to wear my new OU knit cap I had asked her for (to wear in my boat in the winter)...................... I turned on the A/C so I wouldn't be too uncomfortable. She's good about getting me OU related presents :)

It was 76 degrees here today ......... and no snow :confused:

:D I love Florida

royalfan5
12/25/2007, 07:32 PM
I took Grandpa and Grandma to Church this morning, then I went Christmas on my Mom's side. Ate a ton, got a knife, took a walk. Then I went back to Lincoln. More importantly we are now to 12 years straight without an intra-family felony on Christmas.

GottaHavePride
12/25/2007, 08:19 PM
got up about 8 and cooked a quick breakfast (scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, whole wheat toast).

Wait, what? Turkey bacon? what's the point of that?

;)

TopDaugIn2000
12/25/2007, 08:28 PM
grandpa's ticker

GottaHavePride
12/25/2007, 08:43 PM
Ah. Ok, then. :)

PhxSooner
12/25/2007, 09:00 PM
Up at 8 with the kids. Opened presents and played until noon, then started all of the food. Ate at 2, fell asleep watching A Christmas Story, and am now cleaning up all of the wrapping paper and other trash. My kids said that their dreams came true, so a good year for Santa out here.

Sooner_Bob
12/25/2007, 10:14 PM
Got woke up at 0630 by the oldest kiddo . . . but conned her into leaving us alone for a few more minutes. I think we finally opened gifts at like 0730 or 0800. Got cleaned up and headed to my wife's aunt's house for lunch. Then went to my parents house for gifts and supper. We just got home about 20 minutes ago.

I'm tired.

Mongo
12/25/2007, 10:26 PM
awoke at 700 am
opened presents with my family
went to my rig
went to my parents to open presents
fixed the turkey
went to my rig
went to grandparents to eat and do presents
went to my rig
went back to parents to have night cap
just got home to have even more night cap

Whet
12/25/2007, 10:41 PM
got up at 8, got stuff together, drove to Mannford to spend the day with inlaws. Looked at all of the downed trees in their yard.... removed some debris. Spoke to bro-inlaw about his job with Goober - driller, after the first of the year, moving to toolpusher. Working in Ft. Worth. Geez, I can't believe all of the changes to the rig and drilling, since my days in the mid-eighties!!!

We got back to the MH around 8PM, watching Survivorman. Going to visit more relatives tomorrow in Stoolwater....

bri
12/25/2007, 11:59 PM
Went to bed at 4 am.
Woke up at 7 am, said "screw this".
Woke up again at 8 am, got up for a little bit, said "screw this".
Woke up at 10:30 am, said "screw this".
Woke up at 1:30 pm, said "well hell, better get going".
Drove to Pryor Creek, got there at 3 pm.
Ate dinner with family at sister's house, played a f*cklot of Guitar Hero III, drove into Pryor and spent additional hour with grandparents.
Left Pryor Creek at 9 pm.
Got home a little before 10 pm.
The end.

proud gonzo
12/26/2007, 12:12 AM
woke up at 5 a.m. w/ a sinus infection, went back to sleep
woke up at 8 a.m. when my dad babbled something at me from the hall
ate apple pie
opened presents
called grandma, played with the birdie
ate lunch
saw Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium (I love Dustin Hoffman)
helped w/ dinner, watched GHP set up his XBox 360
ate dinner
watched tv
chatted online

tbl
12/26/2007, 12:30 AM
Woke up at 8ish
Made my daughter stay in the room so I could get the camcorder set up to record her response.
Was terribly disappointed when she scowled at the doll house which is taller than she is and that I spent over an hour putting together, simply because there were no Barbies in it. However, I didn't let her see me sweat. ;)
Spent the next 3 hours or so opening the presents, putting them together, but the majority of the time was spent removing all the plastic coated wire twist ties that the Chinese use to torture us with. Packaging for toys these days is RIDICULOUS!
Ate "lunch" around 2:30 after the wife finally got everything finished. Eating healthy = out the window on holidays.
Sweet potato casserole (with marshmallows and pecans), green bean casserole, the juiciest turkey breast I've ever had, ham coated with an amazing cinnamon glaze, cranberry salad (made with heavy whipping cream, marshmallows, and pecans), piping hot pecan pie... Great meal...
Relaxed to watch the Christmas classic "Apocolypto". Yikes...
Played Phase 10 tonight. I won 2 nights ago, my wife won tonight, my brother in law finished last both times.
Had our in home Bible study.
Sent a personal email to my sister.
Ate some more cheese log.
Posted on Soonerfans.
Going to bed?

IB4OU2
12/26/2007, 10:14 AM
Me?

Thanks for asking. Slept in. 'til 0700.

Woke up Blonde Daughter at 0900 who joined me, Mrs. Homey and my 'rents who are up from Ard Vegas. About 0930, we had the opening ceremonies.

After the presents were opened, we enjoyed a delicious brunch smorgasboard prepared by the best cook ever to be stolen from Souse Cackalackey and drug kickin' and screamin' to the Sooner State. (just kiddin', if we had salt water, she figures Oklahoma would be just about perfect.)

Late morning into early afternoon spent hanging out. Reminiscing.

Late afternoon, went for a trot on the ol' Creek Turnpike Trail. No traffic. sunny but breezy. Nice.

Now, at 1600, Mrs Homey is finishing up Christmas Dinner. We're having roast Cornish hens with orange glaze, wild rice, fresh asparagus with homemade Hollandaise sauce, fresh yeast rolls, and more cakes and pies than you can shake a stick at.

After our repaste, we may drive around and look at lights.

danged thrilling ain't it? You?

:pop:

Do you use a pikepass while jogging on the Creek TP? It saves time.

Mjcpr
12/26/2007, 10:31 AM
Up at 6:30, milled around, then opened gifts at home. Then we loaded up and went to my mom's house in Muskogee for lunch/dinner and more gifts. My MIL and wife's grandmother also ate with us. Visited the cemetery and left wreaths, visited my grandma at the nursing home. Back to Tulsa for a little cleanup and trying on clothes to see what needs to be exchanged.

Back to work today....yay.

IB4OU2
12/26/2007, 10:42 AM
We had both daughters over and my SIL yesterday morning had a great time opening gifts. The wife cooked Leg of Lamb, garlic potatoes, candied carrots, fresh green beans, homemade dinner rolls and we drank white wine. Great meal! My daughter gave me a Sooner Pull-over that was a tad small though....I'll need to exchange it.