PDA

View Full Version : Lets Hear about some OU Christmas Gifts

sooner59
12/25/2007, 01:42 PM
I got a sweet Nike OU jacket, some OU bball shorts, a Sooner coffee mug, a #7 OU football jersey, and an OU Fiesta Bowl shirt (which I will be wearing at the game). Anyone else get some cool OU stuff?

hOlden caUlfield...
12/25/2007, 02:16 PM
I got a Sooners Football signed by:
Demarco Murray
Sam Bradford
Malcolm Kelly
Manuel Johnson
Allen Patrick
DeMarcus Granger
Jermaine Gresham
Joe Jon Finley
Reggie Smith
AND.......
Bob Stoops!!!!!!

setem
12/25/2007, 02:43 PM
OU money clip
OU business card holder
OU Key Chain/Bottle opener
Long Sleeve OU shirt
OU t-shirt
OU Checkbook style wallet

IronHorseSooner
12/25/2007, 03:07 PM
A 1985 National Champions shirt

MextheBulldog
12/25/2007, 03:38 PM
Big XII Championship T-shirt
Fiesta Bowl hoodie and long sleeve T

soonerP_A_C
12/25/2007, 04:50 PM
I got a couple of SWEET OU keychains and an OU coffee mug from the girls... They take good care of me...

NCSooner18
12/25/2007, 05:27 PM
OU grill cover, OU car cupholder coasters, OU boxer shorts.

Last year I got a football signed buy Jason White, Billy Sims and Steve Owens.

Spanish Sooner
12/25/2007, 06:46 PM
Got my sister an OU Hoodie, and got my parents OU Mom and Dad Sweatshirts, then my mom got my dad a sweet OU Letterman Jacket, with patches on the sleeves for each national championship

Jacie
12/25/2007, 06:46 PM
Being a Sooner means my wife is never short on ideas for gifts. This year's Oklahoma items included:

Set of coasters
Long-sleeved grey shirt
Warm marroon hoodie sweatshirt
Pair of really nice gloves, grey with large OU stitched into them

Landthief 1972
12/25/2007, 06:57 PM
OU head cover for my driver, which immediately increases the value of my clubs by double. :)

mfosterftw
12/25/2007, 07:08 PM
Slippers
Extra large pillow
80x60 fleece throw blanket

My wife got herself an OU purse made out of a football...

OUinFLA
12/25/2007, 07:31 PM
My loving daughter in Tulsa got me an OU knit cap to wear in my boat in the winter
:):):):):)

OU-HSV
12/25/2007, 07:44 PM
On Sunday I got a grey OU t-shirt and a reversible fleece/nylon (or slick material type) jacket from the in-laws (it's awesome...I was already wearing it today). And today I got 3 OU t-shirts from my parents, 2 of them were cool designs I haven't seen before, I think those 2 were the Starter brand.
ALSO...this was kind of a gift cause I didn't know it was on t.v. til this morning...I watched the replay of the 2007 RRS this morning on t.v.

OU-HSV
12/25/2007, 07:50 PM
OU grill cover, OU car cupholder coasters, OU boxer shorts.

Last year I got a football signed buy Jason White, Billy Sims and Steve Owens.
Does your grill cover have the couple pieces of velcro to hold it on tight? You may want to put a couple bricks on top of it or something...cause I had that kind of grill cover and the wind straight tore it up within a year's time. The bricks help hold it on...but it could also attempt to tear at the corners of the bricks as mine did too. Of course my back patio faces the west/northwest and that could be the biggest part of my problem. Cause there's an open field across the road from my back yard

sooner59
12/25/2007, 08:39 PM
My loving daughter in Tulsa got me an OU knit cap to wear in my boat in the winter
:):):):):)

I feel so bad for you having to spend those harsh harsh winters in Florida...haha. I have aunts, uncles, and cousins in Florida (Bradenton). My cousin (who just got accepted to OU and will be attending next Fall), said it was about 80 degrees out there the other day when it was in the 40s here. I not complaining though because I get to go to all Sooner home games, Big 12, and for the last two years now, Fiesta Bowls. Hopefully we are in the NC game next year in Miami. My uncle is sending a plane to fly us there if we go.....fingers crossed!

Stitch Face
12/25/2007, 08:46 PM
The Physical Sciences Center was renamed after me. I know people.

oudivesherpa
12/25/2007, 08:47 PM
An OSU Victory towel--I'm getting old and sometimes my depends run out, so the OSU so the towel works well. Anyway, that victory towel is seldom used.
For a victory that is.

oupride
12/25/2007, 10:22 PM
I gave my son a 1985 Champ game dvd along with an autographed photo of Jamelle Holleway and I received a Sooner Dad coffee mug and a brand new classic OU cap! Merry Christmas and Boomer Sooner!

oupride
12/25/2007, 10:23 PM
OH, and I gave my wife one of those antennae balls for her car that looks like a golf ball wearing an OU helmet!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/25/2007, 10:39 PM
My wife got herself an OU purse made out of a football...Pretty cool Got photos?

Whet
12/25/2007, 10:47 PM
OU calendar,
OU coasters,
OU cup

Tiptonsooner
12/25/2007, 11:07 PM
I received....

OU/Fossil MNC watch
OU Hoodie
OU windbreaker pullover
OU/Fossil wallet
Fiesta bowl shirt
B12 shirt
2 other OU tees

My family rocks!!!

soonerboy_odanorth
12/25/2007, 11:19 PM
OK... So last year my baby got me the ginormous Weber grill with prep table, gas lighter, coal storage bin, ash bucket, and temperature gauge... with a bad *a* "OU SOONERS" grill cover...

and followed it up this year with a subscription to Sooners Illustrated....

My baby RMFO!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/25/2007, 11:20 PM
I received....

OU/Fossil MNC watch
OU Hoodie
OU windbreaker pullover
OU/Fossil wallet
Fiesta bowl shirt
B12 shirt
2 other OU tees

My family rocks!!!When are you opening the store?

soonerboy_odanorth
12/25/2007, 11:21 PM
And since my two monkeys are not yet of posting age....

We got each of them the saweeeet (their words) fleece OU hoodie...

goingoneight
12/25/2007, 11:36 PM
Well, not that I'm complaining, but everyone this year decided I was the "OU guy."

1. Fiesta Bowl Long sleeve shirt.
2. OU BIG 12 Champeens T-shirt
3. OU brander (BBQ brander)
4. New OU sticker since busted rear window claimed the ole one.
5. OU reversable exercise shorts
6. Three OU-related hats
7. Gag gift Texas Longhorn sticker quickly became extra firewood :D
8. OU "heavy" guitar picks (cool because I was almost out of picks)
9. OU iPod cover (meh... a little too "dressy")
10. "Texas Sux" 6-pack o' beer
11. Pullover mesh OU jacket
12. Another gag gift (OU versus Boise State Fiesta Bowl DVD) :rolleyes:, OSU fans...
13. A homemade DVD collection of every game during the 2000 season, uncle copied old VHS to DVD for my off-season enjoyment.
14. OU Dust Buster (okay, now I'm officially an OU-redneck stereotype)
15. A partidge
16. A pear tree.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/25/2007, 11:49 PM
3. OU brander (BBQ brander)

COOL! Would go with my Weber!

12. Another gag gift (OU versus Boise State Fiesta Bowl DVD) :rolleyes:, OSU fans...

Step 1: Choose LoSuR friend re-giftee, preferably the original giftor.

Step 2: Wrap DVD.

Step 3: Choose generic Christmas card.

Step 4: Address envelope to chosen LoSuR.

Step 5: Write in card- "Two things you are likely to seldom, or even never, see: 1. What it's like to be there. 2. What it's like to beat OU."

Step 6: Insert card in envelope, seal.

Step 7: Give and enjoy.

mxATVracer10
12/25/2007, 11:49 PM
got my two year old daughter one of these...
http://www.dazadi.com/images/p300/sf_base_ok_sooners_kids_rec.jpg :D

mfosterftw
12/25/2007, 11:50 PM
Pretty cool Got photos?

You can see where the four panels were cut into eight to accommodate the zipper... and of course the strap is cut from another football and stitched on. The inside also has a fabric liner stitched in. She's had it a week and it's generated comments wherever she's gone. Best Christmas present I ever paid for ("Honey, you're buying me an OU football purse for Christmas."). It holds about as much as a women's purse really needs to hold.

http://webpages.charter.net/mactartan/Marc/OUPurse1.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/mactartan/Marc/OUPurse2.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/mactartan/Marc/OUPurse3.jpg

SteelClip49
12/26/2007, 12:47 AM
Adrian Peterson rookie card
OU gym bag
very nice casual rustic look OU shirt
Fiesta Bowl trip
3 OU hats

I gave some autographed footballs away including several AD autographed pieces as gifts. Saved those for a rainy day and it happened to be Christmas.

BoomerSoonerSchooner
12/26/2007, 01:14 AM
Lets see...

1.) 1955 Bud Wilkinson Sports Illustrated
2.) 1969 Steve Owens Sports Illustrated
3.) HUGE Blanket that read "Before their was a state, their was Oklahoma football" centennial blanket!
4.) OU desk calendar
5.) Vintage OU calendar with game program covers that can later be framed.
6.) Vintage OU hat with that old curvy logo from 1966
7.) Uwe Von Schamann "The Kick" picture autographed
8.) OU Nike hoodie
9.) Another OU hoodie

Productive enough :)

SbOrOiNaEnR
12/26/2007, 01:18 AM
Lets see...

1.) 1955 Bud Wilkinson Sports Illustrated

2.) 1969 Steve Owens Sports Illustrated

7.) Uwe Von Schamann "The Kick" picture autographed

Productive enough :)

Best gifts, BY FAR!

Nobody mentioned one of those big felt dynasty banners with all the championship years on them. That was my big OU gift!

NCSooner18
12/26/2007, 12:34 PM
Does your grill cover have the couple pieces of velcro to hold it on tight? You may want to put a couple bricks on top of it or something...cause I had that kind of grill cover and the wind straight tore it up within a year's time. The bricks help hold it on...but it could also attempt to tear at the corners of the bricks as mine did too. Of course my back patio faces the west/northwest and that could be the biggest part of my problem. Cause there's an open field across the road from my back yard

Actually my old one has the velcro....the Sooner one has a drawstring in the front.

tdsooner1321
12/26/2007, 01:05 PM
2000 orange bowl on DVD
Jason White autographed mini helmet
Framed painting of Roy Williams 'super man' play
OU Hoody
OU long sleeve shirt

Rogue
12/26/2007, 02:04 PM
What I got:

- 2003 season DVD
- Welcome mat
- Luggage Tag
- Tacky shirt (it really is...some kinda silky short sleeve button-up with lots of little OU pictures all over it)

What I gave:

-Mrs. Rogue got an AD jersey
-My godson and his brother (ages 1 and 3) both got AD rookie cards
-Good soul that I am I bought our friend who's in nursing school here a WVU sweatshirt since she's from WV so she can feel welcome watching the game over here.

OUmillenium
12/26/2007, 02:38 PM
BIG 12 conference championship(s) shirt!

All I need baby!

Widescreen
12/26/2007, 02:41 PM
I got my daughter this book. She loves it.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41XXEHENM4L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg

Norman Sooner
12/26/2007, 02:55 PM
2 Grey Nike OU hoodies
White Nike OU hoodie
Grill Cover/Propane tank cover
OU t-shirt
OU longsleeve t-shirt
Nike OU bball shorts
OU Checkers set(typical mother in law gift)
Official OU football helmet signed by Jason White, Billy Sims, Steve Owens
Mini OU football signed by the same people
OU dust buster(mother in law)
End Table with a Murel of Owen Field on the top
Thats all i can remember right now...

MiccoMacey
12/26/2007, 03:12 PM
I got some p**** and some socks.

And they were both too big.

:D

p.s. sorry...I'll clean up my act

Primo
12/26/2007, 04:43 PM
OU paperweight.

Regulation NFL Vikings helmet signed by AD, and display case.

OU campus collage art piece.

BoulderSooner79
12/26/2007, 04:51 PM
I'm holding out for my belated Christmas gifts :

All the talented OU juniors returning for their senior years

85Sooner
12/26/2007, 06:08 PM
a FOOTBALL signed by Billy Vessels, Bud wilkinson, Steve Owens, Billy Sims, Barry Switzer, Jason White and Bob Stoops.

I didn't get it but it would be a great gift;)

r5TPsooner
12/26/2007, 06:40 PM
NIKE OU Wool Coat
NIKE OU Beanie
NIKE OU "I Am A Sooner" t-shirt
NIKE OU Football t-shirt
NIKE OU pullover
OU Checkbook cover

soonerloyal
12/26/2007, 07:35 PM
I didn't get **** for OU items. And I ain't a happy gal about it. This is fair warning for my sons who read this forum: MOM EXPECTS OU FRIPPERY FOR HER BIRTHDAY. THOU HAST TWO WEEKS TO REDEEM THYSELVES.

TIA.

StormySooner-IN
12/26/2007, 08:46 PM
OU Longsleeve shirt
2007 BIG XII Locker Room Edition Shirt
Some OU magnets.

goingoneight
12/26/2007, 08:58 PM
Did I mention my Boomer Sooner ringtone?

PLaw
12/27/2007, 12:32 AM
I feel so bad for you having to spend those harsh harsh winters in Florida...haha. I have aunts, uncles, and cousins in Florida (Bradenton). My cousin (who just got accepted to OU and will be attending next Fall), said it was about 80 degrees out there the other day when it was in the 40s here. I not complaining though because I get to go to all Sooner home games, Big 12, and for the last two years now, Fiesta Bowls. Hopefully we are in the NC game next year in Miami. My uncle is sending a plane to fly us there if we go.....fingers crossed!

When this Okie moved to Bradenton in October 1990, he waded out into the Gulf up to his chest. The waters off of Anna Maria island felt like a bathtub. He looked down and counted ten toes. He knew it wasn't heaven because it wasn't Oklahoma. But, he knew it was darn close.

Tell your kin to go to the Sand Bar and have one on me.

BOOMER

sooner59
12/27/2007, 12:38 AM
When this Okie moved to Bradenton in October 1990, he waded out into the Gulf up to his chest. The waters off of Anna Maria island felt like a bathtub. He looked down and counted ten toes. He knew it wasn't heaven because it wasn't Oklahoma. But, he knew it was darn close.

Tell your kin to go to the Sand Bar and have one on me.

BOOMER

Good call, haha. Ive been there and done that, its a great place. I prefer Siesta Key, but both are good.

Crucifax Autumn
12/27/2007, 12:54 AM
I got some p**** and some socks.

And they were both too big.

:D

p.s. sorry...I'll clean up my act

This makes me think maybe there's some merit to that woman belief that big feet=Big dong....Explains why both the socks and the ***** were too big!

PS: I'm greening you to make up for this post. I just couldn't resist the setup!

soonerboomer93
12/27/2007, 01:10 AM
I didn't get **** for OU items. And I ain't a happy gal about it. This is fair warning for my sons who read this forum: MOM EXPECTS OU FRIPPERY FOR HER BIRTHDAY. THOU HAST TWO WEEKS TO REDEEM THYSELVES.

TIA.

what's his user name, i'm sensing a neg jihad

Sooner74
12/27/2007, 01:38 AM
I got a framed potrait signed by Owens White and Sims.

Crucifax Autumn
12/27/2007, 01:57 AM
Why doesn't anyone get me all this cool stuff?

SoonerRecon
12/27/2007, 10:36 AM
An OU flag to fly over my house in Austin, just so they don't forget who the big 12 conference belongs to.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/27/2007, 04:22 PM

TIA.

I hope Jake and Elwood have seen the light.... :cool:

swardboy
12/27/2007, 07:05 PM
Gray t
red sweat pants with "Oklahoma" on the front left....oh yeah!

bluedogok
12/27/2007, 11:38 PM
Nike OU Watch
OU Polo
OU Coffee Mug from my 4 y.o. nephew, all of my family got the same mug except for my wife, he got her a Tech mug. He picked out the Tech mug as well.

My Christmas was mainly an electronic one.

Curly Bill
12/28/2007, 12:04 AM
OU Tshirt with embroidered logo
Mug and shot drinkware set w/pewter OU logos
OU fleece throw thingy
OU hoodie

OU-HSV
12/28/2007, 12:23 AM
Actually my old one has the velcro....the Sooner one has a drawstring in the front.
I need to invest in the one with the drawstring

mfosterftw
1/1/2008, 12:00 AM
http://webpages.charter.net/mactartan/Marc/OUPurse3.jpg

Well we had an incident with the purse at McDonalds today, as two different purse snatchers, about ten minutes apart, tried to run off with my wife's purse.

Of course, they were both about three years old and just wanted to play with the football. :)

As we were leaving, a family of apparent U of Miami fans took notice and commented on the purse. One guy said to his wife "how come you can't be that cool?"