PDA

View Full Version : FAO Turkey know'a bout'ers...

Turd_Ferguson
12/24/2007, 12:49 PM
My turkey has been thawing in the fridge for about 4 day's. I just pulled it out and unwrapped it cause I was afraid it was completely thawed and would ruin. I was wrong. The outside of it was thawed, but the inside still had ice in it. I went ahead and washed it and prepped it. My ? is, can I leave it unwrapped and prepped in the fridge until tomorrow?

TIA

olevetonahill
12/24/2007, 12:52 PM
Id re wrap it , to keep it from drying out . Othre than that it should Be fine

Okla-homey
12/24/2007, 12:57 PM
My turkey has been thawing in the fridge for about 4 day's. I just pulled it out and unwrapped it cause I was afraid it was completely thawed and would ruin. I was wrong. The outside of it was thawed, but the inside still had ice in it. I went ahead and washed it and prepped it. My ? is, can I leave it unwrapped and prepped in the fridge until tomorrow?

TIA

yes.

Disclaimer. The above representation is made without personally inspecting your poultry. No warranty is expressed or implied on the accuracy of the above representation. As always, exposure to food born pathogens and procedures used by the producer, wholesaler and retail outlet vary in their degree of compliance with food safety protocols. Thus, it is impossible for the consumer or any inspecting authority to be certain of poultry's fitness for human consumption after retail purchase. Moreover, refrigerator temperatures vary. Thus it is impossible to pronounce your poultry safe with absolute certainty. Infants and persons with certain conditions which operate to suppress their immune systems should not eat undercooked poultry. Consumption of undercooked poultry can result in gastro-intestinal stress, introduction of parasites and/or nausea even in healthy persons. If in doubt about the safety of your poultry or your method of thawing and storage, safely dispose of your poultry in a manner approved by the National Sanitation Foundation and/or local ordinances. As is true with any foodstuff, eat at your own risk.

Tiptonsooner
12/24/2007, 01:02 PM
Damn lawyers.......:P

Turd_Ferguson
12/24/2007, 01:11 PM
yes.
Disclaimer. Eat at your own risk.

It's a damn shame when just these words aren't enough.:D

Okla-homey
12/24/2007, 01:35 PM
It's a damn shame when just these words aren't enough.:D

You can thank a whole bunch of dumarse's for that sort of thing. And plaintiff's attorneys.

In fact, anytime you see a goofy warning on something, like on a blow dryer, upon which is embossed on the plastic shell DO NOT USE WHILE BATHING -- that's because some idiot did, got shocked, and made a claim against the manufacturer.

Frankly, I sometimes think it would be better to leave those warnings off, because if a moron dies as a result, it benefits the gene pool. See kids, for a bazillion years, the dumarses got eaten by bears or died of some other moronic stunt. Not so now. We have UL, OSHA and a host of other measures that exist to keep idiots from hurting themselves.

In short, now, we collectively do what we can to help said morons from succumbing to the effects of their moron-ness. They in turn breed. Thus, the gene pool gets shallower with evry generation. On a related aside, I sometimes wonder how much better off humanity would be in a hundred years is GFI's had not become code in areas of the home where electrical appliances are used in proximity to water.;)

GottaHavePride
12/24/2007, 01:43 PM
Also: obesity would not be a national problem if we still had to run away from bears every other day.