PDA

View Full Version : AD vs. Redskins Thread

Sooner5030
12/23/2007, 08:24 PM
Vikes kick-off. Hopefully this will be 3 & out.

KantoSooner
12/23/2007, 08:35 PM
AD will run for eleventybillion yards tonight. I feel it...

Sooner5030
12/23/2007, 08:51 PM
Are you able to watch the game in Tokyo?

Sooner5030
12/23/2007, 09:03 PM
No draws, traps, or delays. Just AD inside the tackles.

No wonder he has like 0 yards on 4 carries

JohnnyMack
12/23/2007, 09:16 PM
The Vikings playcalling continues to confound.

KantoSooner
12/23/2007, 09:31 PM
Are you able to watch the game in Tokyo?
No. Though a local station will rebroadcast highlights next week.

follow-on answer: this rebroadcast is only for pro games. No college game is televised. Ever. It's like a religious thing. We do get an endless string of year end team marathons on tv, though. Imagine watching a bunch of guys who look like AIDS patients running way faster than is fun.....for hours on end.

Oh, and my dad sent me a video of the B12 CCG.....only he forgot to set his machine correctly and so the tape was blank. Mistake? I think not. The man is cruel and cold to the very core of his being.

Stitch Face
12/23/2007, 09:34 PM
Can I be the Vike's QB? Can I?

Newbomb Turk
12/23/2007, 09:43 PM
Vikes getting owned.

I'm sure AD gets a bunch of carries from here on out. :rolleyes:

sooneron
12/23/2007, 10:04 PM
Gawd, I hate the nfl.

sooner59
12/23/2007, 10:06 PM
Their coaching is horrific.

sooneron
12/23/2007, 10:10 PM
Some sweet blocking on that 4th and 1 there.

JohnnyMack
12/23/2007, 10:21 PM
The Vikes spend the entire first half trying to establish the run by running the ball between the tackles into an 8 man front. Instead of recognizing that the Redskins are collapsing to take the run away they just continue not using traps or toss sweeps or PA (in all fairness with TJ as your QB, it's not like you're fooling anyone) to try and loosen up the offense. Frustrating that I'm so much smarter than they are.

OKC-SLC
12/23/2007, 10:35 PM
And thus is the ineptitude of the Minnesota Vikings.

r5TPsooner
12/23/2007, 10:55 PM
The Vikes spend the entire first half trying to establish the run by running the ball between the tackles into an 8 man front. Instead of recognizing that the Redskins are collapsing to take the run away they just continue not using traps or toss sweeps or PA (in all fairness with TJ as your QB, it's not like you're fooling anyone) to try and loosen up the offense. Frustrating that I'm so much smarter than they are.

That tends to happen when your starting QB SUCKS!!!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/23/2007, 11:05 PM
That tends to happen when your starting QB SUCKS!!!and/or your playcalling.

tulsaoilerfan
12/23/2007, 11:30 PM
Wow, AD had like 9 carries the whole game; Childress is an idiot

sooner59
12/23/2007, 11:32 PM
Both suck. In the offseason, they need to focus on getting:

1. A new coaching staff
2. An new QB
3. Some DBs
4. Some WRs
5. Better at not turning the ball over

And they they do this after next week b/c Washington will probably beat the Cowboys at home since Dallas has nothing to play for and the Vikings will miss the playoffs.

goingoneight
12/23/2007, 11:32 PM
It amazes me that a professional football team is using this guy as their 1st string QB. Why don't teams make "accuracy" a priority when drafting?

Same reason OU fans wanted Keith Nichol to start over Sam Bradford, and Rhett Bomar to start over Jason White. They think measurables first. Reading and picking apart defefnses, laying the deep ball right on your receiver's hands in triple coverage, toying around with your coverages...

Just think if the NFL folks would insert a Josh Heupel/Paul Smith in for every Vince Young, Matt Leinert, Ryan Leaf and Rex Grossman. Sometimes the "star" will take over with time, most of the time, the struggle continues. No matter who you bring in to help your QB out, he still can't save you. Same for situations where coaches choose a veteran over a true playmaker. Look no further than Bledsoe versus Romo 2006. Romo was a green player in everyone's eyes, no very tall, doesn't have a 70-yard bomb in him, and doesn't have near the history Bledsoe did at the time. So the Cowboys look like a total turd until one night when Parcells has no choice but to bench Bledsoe. Romo comes in and all of a sudden the team looks like a Super Bowl contender (until the late season defensive collapse).

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's not about high school stardom, arm strength, height or any other measurable... if the kid is being out-performed by a playmaker, bench him and put the playmaker in. You recruit talent, you coach talent, but you play playmakers.

Mjcpr
12/23/2007, 11:54 PM
AD will run for eleventybillion yards tonight. I feel it...

You're like an Asian Nostradamus or something.

:D

Leroy Lizard
12/24/2007, 01:42 AM
So the Cowboys look like a total turd until one night when Parcells has no choice but to bench Bledsoe.

Which makes Parcells look like a genius.

Great teams in the NFL revolve around great QB play. The head coach is overrated.

Crucifax Autumn
12/24/2007, 05:16 AM
So how many yards did he get on those 9 carries?

tulsaoilerfan
12/24/2007, 09:47 AM
So how many yards did he get on those 9 carries?
26 or 27; he had 1 carry for 18 yards, then the other 8 gained 8 or 9 yards total; i think he only had 1 or 2 carries in the second half, then was pretty much benched because the Vikes where throwing on every down; also caught one swing pass for 14 yards

OU-HSV
12/24/2007, 10:10 PM
It amazes me that a professional football team is using this guy as their 1st string QB. Why don't teams make "accuracy" a priority when drafting?
Not to mention a good background in overall "football smarts".
If you're getting sacked don't leap onto your tip-toes like a dancer from the nutcracker and try to force a pass into double (or triple) coverage. That's just common sense and Travarias (sp?) is in big time need of common sense and football smarts. He makes horrible decisions week in and week out. They need a QB and they need an improved O Line and they need improved coaches.
Another thing they do that p*sses me off is they let AD have a couple good/decent runs and then they put Chester Taylor in. For god sakes...leave the manchild in and let him get into a groove. I mean Chester is good too, but let AD get a groove going. Or better yet...how about the concept of using both backs on the field at the same time!!!

GottaHavePride
12/24/2007, 10:36 PM
Heh. I can hear the discussions now. "Yes! Let's take out our Pro Bowl possible-Rookie-of-the-Year RB out of the game for someone else!"

tulsaoilerfan
12/26/2007, 12:47 AM
The only person that can stop AD is Brad Childress